- Serve as the initial point of contact for resolution of desktop/laptop and telephone related issues
- Troubleshoot, research, diagnose, document, and resolve technical issues surrounding Windows 7, MS Office, email, other special applications, Internet connections, and hardware/peripheral equipment.
- Document, track, resolve, and report on problems and work orders using ticketing system
- Provides recommendations and be involved in installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN, firewalls, and operating and system management.
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; escalating application problems to System Administrator.
- Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Document and communicate established processes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Post secondary in Computer Science
- 2 years’ experience as a I.T. Support Desk or Junior Network Administrator
- 1- 2 years’ experience administrating Windows servers
- Specialized certification is preferred (A+, MCTS/MCIPT, ITIL Level 1, ).
- Basic knowledge of Linux and willingness to learn more advanced Linux functionality
- Experience supporting Windows 7 environment
- Ability to work in a high pace environment with multiple priorities
- Solid understanding of networking principles
- Patience, keen to learn, excellent communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to be on call as required
Please send a cover letter with your salary expectations and resume.
We thank all applicants, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls and no agencies