CEI Architecture is one of British Columbia’s leading architecture firms, with a commitment to doing great work and a growing portfolio of exciting projects. We are currently on the hunt for an Intermediate Level Architectural Technologist to join our Vancouver office.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, hard-working and energetic intermediate level architectural technologist who can take a lead role in the development of building designs and documents for all types of projects, from schematic design through construction documentation.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Diploma or degree in Architectural/Building Technology from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- 4 – 9 years of experience in the Architectural industry.
- Registration with AIBC is preferred.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit and other necessary graphic applications.
- A proven team player with exceptional interpersonal skills, who works well with others in accomplishing objectives.
In this role you will:
- Aid in the development and preparation of building designs and documents.
- Prepare building code analyses and summaries for projects and validate that designs conform to code prescriptions and any other specific regulations such as local bylaws.
- Aid in the preparation of technical specifications for building projects.
- Liaise with clients, contractors, consultants, etc.
- Coordinate drawings between multiple disciplines associated with projects.
- Visit sites in order to gather essential data for the design and implementation of projects.
- Review shop drawings and participate in contract administration relating to proposed change notices, change orders, site instructions or requests for information.
- Research new and existing construction methods or technologies to aid or enhance building designs and/or building performance, and be able to present the information to clients, design architects, and project managers.
Visit our website www.ceiarchitecture.com to learn more about our company culture and leadership.
Indeed - 17 months ago