Java Web Application Developer:
Our client, a large organization in the telecommunication and mobile services industry, is currently looking for a Web Application Developer with database designing experience to work for their location in Montreal central area.
- Develop software solutions in the area of web applications.
- Work in a dynamic and agile software development team to innovate, develop, modify and deliver software solutions to meet customer requirements in a timely and cost effective way.
- Learn and understand client and Industry Standard products / protocols / processes / methods / and tools.
- Investigate, update and/or participate in the reviews of requirement specifications / pre-study analysis / feasibility / architecture and design documentation.
- Work with subject matter experts to clarify customer requirements and provide software solutions for new or existing software releases.
- Effectively troubleshoot, debug and resolve problems reported by customers.
- Provide efficient customer support.
- Provide occasional on-call support when required.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or Computer Science.
Pertinent Experience: Minimum 3 years of web applications software development.
- Development experience with Eclipse and UI design.
- Development experience with data base design and technologies; MySQL, ETL, AndroMDA, Hibernate, master/slave, replication etc.
- Development experience with the operating systems: Windows, Linux, Unix
- Experience with automated testing of web applications and UIs.
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
- Experience in software configuration management, preferably GIT and SVN.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and apply to work tasks.
- As we are a service delivery organization, customer support skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as a positive and cooperative attitude are essential.
We would like to thank all candidates for their applications; however only those retained will be contacted