MS CSCF Verification Engineer/Functional Tester (IMS)
1 Description External
Core & IMS organization is responsible to develop and release Core nodes, Application nodes and gateway nodes for IMS - IP Multimedia System and other solutions. IMS offers a standardized way to deliver convenient IP-based consumer and enterprise services to fixed, mobile and cable community – enabled by one common core and control. It is the cornerstone of the evolution of current networks to a single, all-IP based network where all types of services (messaging, telephony, etc.) and media (voice, video, pictures, text etc.) can be integrated into a single user experience.
The IMS CSCF team is responsible for software development, innovation, Integration & Verification, Multi Node Verification, improvements and support related to the Core Application nodes.
- The main requirement of this position is the ability to perform function test activities for IMS CSCF.
3 Main Responsibilities
- Work as part of a cross-functional development team to deliver IMS features
- Prepare test specifications and update existing documentation
- Design and implement both manual and automated function test cases using TTCN
- Participates and contributes to improvements of software development (products, processes, methods, tools)
- Troubleshoots and debugs new or existing software programs.
- Works in complex design and / or maintenance activities.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Sciences or equivalent (3 to 4 years of University)
Pertinent Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of pertinent experience in software testing. Relevant experience in the telecommunications industry is an asset.
Excellent knowledge in the following areas:
- Testing concepts & strategies (Black Box, White Box, Legacy, Regression, Resilience, Feature Test)
- Test Automation, Scripting and tools (TTCN, SPIRENT)
- Shell programming: bash, perl, python
- C/C++ programming language
- IP network & IMS technology standards (e.g. : SIP, Diameter, SS7 , Radius, etc )
- Software Engineering methodology (Agile Scrum, waterfall)
- Software Configuration management (Clearcase, Git, svn)
ONLY SELECTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED
CDI is the preferred talent source for much of North America and the world's leading firms.
From careers in the aerospace,...