**Local Candidates only, within Toronto or surrounding areas.
*Contract to start
*Located Downtown Toronto
*MUST HAVE-Experience in the Rail Industry doing a similar role
The Signalling Technician carries out installation, testing and commissioning of signalling equipment forming part of the projects under the responsibility of the department.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to the following:
Perform project work including:
- Performing out installation, set to work and commissioning;
- Verifying existing wiring diagrams, layouts and plans;
Testing and Commissioning
Carrying out testing and commissioning duties, including:
- Participating in the testing and commissioning of railway signalling systems;
- Assisting in factory pre-site testing as required;
- Assisting in fault location in set to work activities prior to and during commissioning.
Manufacturing and Installation
Conducting manufacturing and installation activities as required, including:
- Installation and termination of signalling trackside equipment and cables.
Provide progress reports as required by:
- Attending project progress meetings as and when required;
- Preparing progress reports for appropriate activities, including site diary sheets.
Occupational Health and Safety
Ensure all activities undertaken in the Company are conducted with due regard to a high level of safety including:
- Ensuring all activities undertaken comply with applicable OH&S laws;
- Ensuring all activities comply with Company OH&S policies and procedures;
- Ensuring all safety incidents are reported and followed up using Company OH&S procedures.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
Trade qualification or equivalent is essential.
Four (4)+ years experience in a similar role within the rail industry is required. Track Side Safety certification is an asset.