CDI Corporation

CDI Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
No job security
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTJune 28, 2014
This site of CDI no longer exists. It was sold to Belcan. Didn't learn much as an intern and once I graduated, the offer they made was a joke. I would have made more working at a retail store with no experience.
good place to work
microfilm assistant (Former Employee), Darlaston, ENGJune 24, 2014
Pros: friendly place
managment can be off and on depending what mood there in nice people to work with
Good people looking for a management direction
Section Leader (Former Employee), Springdale, OHJune 17, 2014
Pros: low stress environment
Cons: no job security or value of employees from the corporate office.
The company employees good, intelligent people who want to get the job done. The company just fired their CEO and is listless. Stated company policies and publicized strategy do not match with their course of action.
CDI Logistics what a wonderful place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAJune 14, 2014
Pros: everything, great people, great work environment, wonderful benefits, outstanding pay. great employee perks
Everything about CDI Logistics was great. No complaints other than they business closed their doors due to upper mis-management
High Tech
Research and Development (Former Employee), Corvallis, ORJune 10, 2014
Pros: new challenges daily.
Cons: low pay for the work being done
Created Pins for printers for upcoming products. Can not get to detailed about this due to the nature of the development process.
Liked the people not the job
Collections (Former Employee), Crosslanes, WVMay 22, 2014
Pros: liked coworkers
Cons: didnt like job
Doing collections was not a fun job

Like my manger and coworkers
Awesome management and coworkers
IT Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee), WVMay 17, 2014
Pros: management, benefits package
Cons: taking multiple calls on busy days
The management is friendly, supportive, with a relaxed environment. The coworkers are friendly, helpful, and relaxed as well. Days are busy, with evenings and weekends not as busy.
great starter company, not a career company
design I (Current Employee), Springdale, OHMay 13, 2014
Pros: flex scheduling
Cons: constant management change, low morale
Great company to start your career with, but lacks in advancement. Benefit prices are steep (health ins.) and evaluations are basic and lacking.
Variety of projects
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the variation in projects
Engaged by clients; such as, Kinecta Federal Credit Union and University California San Francisco to assess Service Desk gaps; provide future roadmap for meeting industry best practices.
Required to conduct numerous interviews with business stakeholders and the user community to determine “Experience vs. Expectation” and assess the gaps in the existing – more... process.
Designed “As Is” process flows that identified gaps in existing process; as well as, provided future workflows that incorporated ITIL methodologies.
Co-authored presentations and reports and presented findings and recommendations to Executive Management at conclusion of engagements. – less
Productive and fun work environment
Invensys - Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee), foxboro, MAMay 1, 2014
Pros: not many pros
Cons: small raises
Great company but very cheap.

I learned a lot from Invensys they sent me to get my certificates in Primavera P6 which has helped me in the future job market.
Great Place To Work
Hamilton Sunstrand - Project Engineer (Former Employee), CTMarch 27, 2014
Excellent company to work for and rewarding as well.
Management very helpful great leadership
Co-workers were amazing to work on projects
Primary resource provider for IBM staff augmentation needs.
Senior Project Manager - Contractor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 19, 2014
Pros: hourly pay is at market for my area.
Cons: too many layers of management with contract
The actual position was not disclosed at the interview, I was part of an IBM staff augmentation SOW to ATT. My daily tasks were SharePoint data entry not project management. CDI has very poor communications to their employees. I found out my last day of work through an email that as miss routed.
Ameriprise Field Technology Service Desk Agent (Current Employee), Cross Lanes, WVMarch 18, 2014
CDI is a large company with many different opportunities. The office that I work in does tech support, but CDI does work with other areas such as payroll and engineering
Work from home or other locations
Disaster Recovery Planner (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2014
Pros: work from home planned traveling for recovery testing
Cons: no security
Work with customers to prepare for disaster recovery, test and challenges with technical upgrades. Offsite recovery planning and continual updated technical recovery procedures on all components of system recovery. Mainframe and mid range recovery planning.
A good place to work
Test Engineering Consultant (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: 8 hour days
Cons: workplace is too crowded.
A good place to work. Working on a computer pretty much all day. Colleagues were always available to offer help.
Contracts for many GE sites
Validation Engineer (Current Employee), Erie, PAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: self managed
Cons: work experience depends on placement
Self managed but also driven by the contracts holder wishes which could include working extra to meet aggressive deadlines
Excellent place to work great employer
Concierge (Former Employee), Medford, MAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: all good
Cons: nothing bad
I worked from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. I was given an apartment in the building where I was the Security/concierge person. in a 42 unit
condo building with 5 penthouses. This building was in Cambridge Ma. near Harvard and MIT. I was available to the tenants at all times 7/24 for any problems that may have occurred.Was able to patrol the underground garage – more... of the building and to keep the area safe and clean from debris. Sat at the front desk and received those coming into the building for deliveries and had visitors sign in. This was a locked building and only tenants who lived there could enter with key or I would be there to allow others to enter by buzzing them in. I enjoyed the job very much and being a people person got along with all the tenants and service people who came to the building. – less
Great workplace
Project Manager, Information Security (Former Employee), Ridgeway, VAFebruary 28, 2014
Great workplace that provides many opportunities for diverse work assignments.
OK place to work
Technical Illustrator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2014
Drawing schematics all day for chemical piping was Ok. Coworkers were fine only 2 women on the drafting floor and I was one of them.
CDI Review
GIS Technician (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: quick response to questions
Cons: not enough vacation
Although I was directly employed by CDI, I was a contractor for Alabama Power lasting a little over 2 years. CDI essentially handled all HR duties while I was supervised by employees at Alabama Power. I have no complaints about CDI. The people I dealt with were very friendly and fair.

About CDI Corporation

If you want to get technical, give CDI a call. The company provides engineering and information technology (IT) staffing services – Read more

CDI Corporation Photos