CDI Corporation

CDI Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work from home or other locations
Disaster Recovery Planner (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2014
Pros: work from home planned traveling for recovery testing
Cons: no security
Work with customers to prepare for disaster recovery, test and challenges with technical upgrades. Offsite recovery planning and continual updated technical recovery procedures on all components of system recovery. Mainframe and mid range recovery planning.
A good place to work
Test Engineering Consultant (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: 8 hour days
Cons: workplace is too crowded.
A good place to work. Working on a computer pretty much all day. Colleagues were always available to offer help.
Contracts for many GE sites
Validation Engineer (Current Employee), Erie, PAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: self managed
Cons: work experience depends on placement
Self managed but also driven by the contracts holder wishes which could include working extra to meet aggressive deadlines
Excellent place to work great employer
Concierge (Former Employee), Medford, MAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: all good
Cons: nothing bad
I worked from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. I was given an apartment in the building where I was the Security/concierge person. in a 42 unit
condo building with 5 penthouses. This building was in Cambridge Ma. near Harvard and MIT. I was available to the tenants at all times 7/24 for any problems that may have occurred.Was able to patrol the underground garage – more... of the building and to keep the area safe and clean from debris. Sat at the front desk and received those coming into the building for deliveries and had visitors sign in. This was a locked building and only tenants who lived there could enter with key or I would be there to allow others to enter by buzzing them in. I enjoyed the job very much and being a people person got along with all the tenants and service people who came to the building. – less
Great workplace
Project Manager, Information Security (Former Employee), Ridgeway, VAFebruary 28, 2014
Great workplace that provides many opportunities for diverse work assignments.
OK place to work
Technical Illustrator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2014
Drawing schematics all day for chemical piping was Ok. Coworkers were fine only 2 women on the drafting floor and I was one of them.
CDI Review
GIS Technician (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: quick response to questions
Cons: not enough vacation
Although I was directly employed by CDI, I was a contractor for Alabama Power lasting a little over 2 years. CDI essentially handled all HR duties while I was supervised by employees at Alabama Power. I have no complaints about CDI. The people I dealt with were very friendly and fair.
Structered
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJanuary 28, 2014
This company came in to bring about structure until the grant was picked up by the Intermediate School District.
A Great Place To Grow
Unit & CAD Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: a learning atmosphere.
Cons: bennifits were not all that great.
We worked hard but it was personally rewarding. Management worked with me to grow the division and assisted however they could. It was a great learning experience.
Would Recommend it.
Flight Test Systems Design Engineer (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 17, 2014
Great work environment, and also good place to work for out of college.
System admin / Project Management
Server Admin / GDF Intel System Administration (Current Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: it administration, project management, health care, oil companies
Cons: long commutes, non communication
Currently I'm working as a Deployment Manager for IBM. I work with IBM internal and external clients to ensure hardware is installed, deployed and managed by the different groups in IBM. Using procurement management, asset management I put together resources to accomplish these projects to completion.
Pretty Standard Manufacturing Work
Computer Support Analyst (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVJanuary 7, 2014
This place wasn't much different than any other place to work from a contractor's perspective.
fun place to work
Support Specialist (Former Employee), Norristown, PAJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: advanced my techical expertise
Cons: went out of business
started as a programmer- advanced to reporting to the CFO -
Great learning experience
Designer Contract to IBM Corp
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee), RTP North CarolinaDecember 16, 2013
Cad design of sheet metal, plastic, part drawings and assembly drawings and ECO.
I absolutely loved this place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, paDecember 8, 2013
Nothing negative to say. Great people and working environment.
Smooth process on-boarding
Startup Specialist (High Technology Facilities) (Former Employee), Pueblo, CODecember 2, 2013
CDI is a good agency to work through. You work with people of similar skills and technial competentcies.
Professsional atmosphere
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 21, 2013
Pros: cookies every friday
Cons: i'm a temp
The co-workers at CDI are very professional and resourceful.
Contract position for IBM as Desk side support team tech
Deskside Support XP to Win7 deploy team (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 5, 2013
Pros: very friendly and helpful, knowledgeable staff @ cdi
Win XP to Win7 Desk side support deployment team technician for and IBM migration project. I am responsible for end user backup of data remotely or desk side, imaging of new HP desktop or Lenovo laptop systems, restoration of data desk side; next day support, assistance with desk top team on Tickets placed related to or not related to migration. Deployment – more... for new hires and replacement systems of State Street Boston and N. Quincy office locations. (This is a high security environment with badge access to and within all buildings and back ground and drug testing to be hired to work for State Street). I have to travel for almost 1 1/2 hours to get to and from work plus about a 15 minute walk through Boston to reach the main building I work out of most days and then travel between buildings most days to install systems for State Street end users. – less
unorganized and unmotivated
Contracted IT Associate (Former Employee), Charleston, WVOctober 31, 2013
Pros: pay was great
Cons: managers were lazy and rude
while i did finally get a a password and username to log onto a computer, i never did receive the necessary credentials to do what was needed. I always had to use another name.
great place to work, nice people
Storeroom Clerk (June-September) (Former Employee), Cross Lanes, WVOctober 27, 2013
Pros: at times during hot days we had icecream
Cons: no overtime and it was a temp. job at liondelbassel in edison
• Maintained inventory of supplies and materials and notified Purchasing Department of replenishment needs
• Received, unpacked, inspected and approved all incoming stores materials
• Verified incoming shipments against bills of lading and filed all documentation
• Informed appropriate personnel of discrepancies such as short, missing or incorrect shipments
 – more... Performed cycle counts on a weekly basis and entered data information into SAP system
management was very helpful and understanding.
co workers were great people the hardest part was doing inventory for the first time in that plant, they never did it before. – less

About CDI Corporation

If you want to get technical, give CDI a call. The company provides engineering and information technology (IT) staffing services – Read more

CDI Corporation Photos