CDI College Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
flexible hours
STUDENT (Current Employee), North YorkJuly 6, 2015
Involved in collecting process with 90% of efficiency (working with numbers).
Was responsible for data entry and certain bookkeeping functions.
Consistently met and exceed answer and call time requirements, with a 99% accuracy rate.
Coded and Filed patient files
Great work environment
Admissions Team Leader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 5, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Security
•Met and exceeded monthly, quarterly and annual starts, referrals, targets and objectives, as per tenure expectations
•Maintained a conversion rate on all types of inquiries from lead to interview, interview to enrollment and enrollment to start as determined by Admissions Management and Company directives
•Created and achieve annual sales budgets
•Achieved a minimum sit rate number during each quarter as determined and set by Admissions Management
•Generated of referrals is a significant component of start business.
•Participated in Campus outreach projects
•Accountable for business growth – more... through following up on leads and delivering information to prospective students in a timely manner
•Partnered with Student Finance and the Education departments to ensure accurate and complete packaging
•Received inquiry calls from all potential students interested in knowing or receiving information about the programs, including entrance requirements, curricula and College standards
•Complied with governmental regulations and standards of accreditation as they relate to enrolling students
•Assessed suitability in accordance with College sales approach and standards
•Identified potential problems, which may interfere with or be a barrier to a student's successful entrance into or completion of a program – less
Teachers were great
student (Former Employee), Winnipeg MBMay 31, 2015
Pros: Great teachers
Cons: Bad hours
Study accounting and payroll
Teachers were great and helpful
not enough hours to study
Class was over ya still talk to teachers
Working environment is motivational and a pleasure to work with these individuals.
Employment Specialist - Career Services Office (Current Employee), North York, ONMay 13, 2015
CDI College has an excellent group of colleagues that I work with on a daily basis. Campus is respected and a pleasure to teach at. The challenge is limited and I personally require more of a challenge and working goals.
Great teamwork and results focused
Student Financial Planner (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 6, 2015
Pros: Work/Life balance
CDI College in Hamilton has a great team to work with. The focus is on the student outcome with strong dedication from every employee.
It turned out to be a OK place to work
Network and A+ Instructor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2015
Pros: Muffins on fridays
Cons: all salary's are frozen indefinably
It is a great place to learn they always emphasize getting more education.
The management seemed to be in a constant state of change.

the coworkers are very good and nice people.

There is really no hard part to this job.

the most enjoyable part is watching your students graduate.
great place to grow
PSW Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 21, 2015
Great team to work with
Enjoy meeting new students and seeing them graduate and lend great jobs gives that rewarding feeling.
Rewarding
Administrative Assistant/Student Co-Ordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: cap on raises
A typical day at CDI College would be to greet students and newcomers to the office.
Maintain and create new files for students.
Maintain switchboard, take messages, forward incoming calls.
Administered Comp-Tia exams.
Administered Entrance Exams.
Organized meetings/lunches.
Ordering of office supplies.
Etc.

In my role of Director of First Impressions/Administrative Assistant, I learnt compassion, empathy,and patience for students who was undergoing problems at school or in their personal lives.

While working at the college I made many friends on the staff. It became an extended family feeling.

The hardest part of my job was watching students struggling with their assignments, or problems at home which would interfere with their studies and ultimately result in failure at school.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the students graduate!
Great Place To Work
Technical Instructor (Current Employee), Ajax, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Company is committed to providing the best education for the students.
Lively dynamic atmosphere
Oil and Gas Administrative Instructor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 10, 2014
I have very much enjoyed working as an instructor at CDI College. I am passionate about personal growth and helping people attain their life goals.
My public speaking skills have improved vastly as well as customer service skills.
I enjoy each and every one of my co-workers and have always strove to help them, if they need it.
The most enjoyable part of my job would watching students graduate. I also loved the fact that, as I teach them, I too learn new things.
education is what leads us top greatness
student (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 16, 2014
I loved the atmosphere and the new and exciting things I've learned.
Intimate work environment, friendly, close to home.
Business and Soft Skills Instructor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: location is close to home so the commute is minimal.
Cons: no opportunity for growth
Typically the work day consists of delivering required curriculum to various sized classes. The small class size provides the opportunity to provide students one-on-one training when required. The direct contact with the diverse student body provides experience with communication on a variety of levels. Management is relaxed and offers an open door policy which makes it easy to address any situations that arise. The campus employs a dozen or so other staff so it is very easy to get to know and work with co-workers. The hardest part of the job is delivering the course content in the short time frame allowed. Some courses are only 1 week in length and others only 2. Maintaining a level of student success during that period of time is difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning from the students.
Productive, stressfull but fulfilling.
Education Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: students awards day
Cons: very long hours
A work place that ensembles everyone is working on their family business.

Stressor is not strong enough to make one to call in sick.

CDI College do stand on their mission. . . . "changing lives through education". . . . not only for the students but to their employees as well.
Friendly environment; supportive team.
Medical Office Administration Instructor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 16, 2014
Very friendly atmosphere; encourages students to learn and reach their career goals.
Career oriented place.
Management is very supportive.
pressure sales
SALES REP/CAREER ADVISOR (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: dealing with clients who have real needs
Cons: pressure to sell overshadows the needs of a client
Unfortunately the pressure for sales overshadows proper customer service and the needs of a potential client, consequently service becomes very self centered as opposed to client centered, leaving client feeling like they are pressured to make a decision right there and then. No one wants to be pressured into buying, it takes finesse and empathy in this field to make it work for both company and the client, unfortunately most adviors/reps do not have proper skills to build trust and rapport, which is the FIRST step to any sales transaction.
Perfect balance of work and life
Financial Planner/Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2014
I truly enjoyed my time at CDI and will miss the atmosphere of such an easy going environment.
Private industry. No job validation, no support from management,
Practical Nursing Instructor (Former Employee), CDI College WinnipegJuly 4, 2014
My co-workers and the students were the only reasons I would force myself to come to work each day. Yet in the end the work environment became so toxic that coming to work became a challenge. I would not recommend CDI College as a healthy work environment.
NA
Instructor (Current Employee), CalgaryJune 25, 2014
Pros: job satisfaction
Cons: low salary & micro-management
Great co-workers make this job pleasurable. The students provide plenty of job satisfaction.
Fun place to work because of the people and environment
Career Services (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 31, 2014
Pros: people and you work for.
Cons: work load.
Typical day as a Career service rep was your daily communications with students, as well as your always on your toes with different things to do on a daily bases. Work never stops but the great thing about working here was building relationships with students as they go on there journey in college.
Productive team environments
Instructor (Current Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 6, 2014
Very friendly staff, great work environment.
Best job I've ever had.