CDI College Employee Reviews

I got fed up of working in a shady business
Teacher Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC27 July 2017
It doesn't take long for any decent person to realize you are working for a well set up legal scam. Before committing a good chunk of your life to something, take sometime to research who you are working for. Complaints are all over the place, including the news. Beware of misinformation; remember, shady business practice. Why would you do the world harm for a lesser pay?!? Stealing poor people's money trying to change their life for better is as low as it get. That's who you will be working for.
Pros
Students are filled with hope.
Cons
College CDI is a scam.
All title, no pay
Student Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 July 2017
If your goal of finding a job is to help other people reach their goal of education, then CDI College is for you. However, be prepared to take a pay cut. They will always give you what is necessary not what you deserve.
Fun
Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2017
I was get in there as a student. People are nice and the instructor is fine but there is a lot of things that they need to improve in terms of teaching method.
Wonderful People, small school
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2017
The staff are wonderful people, the way the school is designed caused a lot of frustration for the students, and being the reception, i heard a lot of it. But on my end, i was given a lot of responsibility. Head of the grad committee, i would help other teachers with duties, making of exams, making sure the ordering was done. I like the time i was employed at CDI.
Pros
Working with and around amazing people
Cons
Low pay
Limited opportunities for advancement
Business and Soft Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2017
Friendly and helpful coworkers but high staff turnover. A large company across Canada with not much networking opportunities. Access to HR support limited.
Loads of Promises made never any follow through
MEDICAL PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 April 2017
The Campus Director is full of Promises but NEVER follows through. You are micro managed at every turn, and always under scrutiny. If you wish to keep your personal life and work life separate it will not happen here. Although I enjoyed most of my co-workers and the Students were wonderful I do not miss the Management and Administration. The only thing they are interested in is Profit, not their Staff, or worse their Students. Did we reach our enrolment quotas, did you get their money paid. Followed by a slow as snails return of money if they withdraw or fail. Some contractors wait months on end to be paid while others are paid before they even complete the work required.

Much Happier in my new position where staff and students alike are valued above all else!
Pros
The Eager Students
Cons
The Campus Director and Admin
Great training
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 January 2017
I did the HCA course at CDI college in surrey. It was amazing, i learnt a lot. The teacher was amazing and very stern. The labs were hands on and i was taught properly. The teacher was very hands on with us with teaching us in labs. I ended up passing with honors which was huge for me considering the fact that i was a C student in high school. I had a lot of fun and i learnt quite a lot as well. Best choice i ever made. Also i would like to add the the staff is always willing to help if personal matters are affecting schooling. They are easy to talk to and are willing to help and work with you. i highly recommend this course.
informative
Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2017
Was a good institute for continuing education. Business instructor is very helpful and informed. Computer instructors are not qualified and no help at all.
Great Atmosphere
Instructor/Adult Educator (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC29 November 2016
I love working here. The director is amazing, great staff, good environment. Students work hard, curriculum is up to date.
This was education
Computer Network Management (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2016
The course was a great tool to sharpen my skills, I am looking forward to implementing the new tools I have acquired with my all ready experience in this trade.
Pros
Education
Cons
Young adults
Acquired a significant amount of experience as a Network Technician/Engineer
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 October 2016
CDI College was the perfect place to obtain my Network Systems Engineering Diploma in IT. On top of my diploma, I was able to volunteer at the campus as a Network Technician and gain the experience needed to get out onto the field.
Don't work here
anonamous (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2016
Administration staff all hate each other so impossible to get assistance with anything. Extensive unpaid work hours preparing for class and marking. Undereducated, undertrained Director. No filter for the students they allow into this school
Pros
Some very pleasant student.
Cons
Very low pay. Lots of unpaid hours to do job successfully. Lousy Director.
love teaching
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 August 2016
my job has to be one of the best titles, with the opportunity, to interact and learn from students and also to be apart of they life goal and see there success.
Instructing
Medical Office Administrator Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton ON13 July 2016
Instructor consisted of doing lectures, video usage, over head projects, Hands-on teaching.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my MOA students succeed in finding jobs.
Not much to say
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2016
No good opinion on the company in terms of learn and earn concept.
Staff is highly incompatible of helping and guiding the new comers at work.
Medical Office Administrator Program instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2016
CDI College is a nice place to work, they management is very good and very flexible. It is always very nice to deal with the students and change their lives. the hardest part is when you fail a student and try to convince them that this is not the right career and not the right course for them.
Pros
Good environement
Cons
Salary and compensation is not the best
Fun to work
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yonge St., Toronto25 May 2016
A day at work were hectic due to being the only person doing all the financial functions of the campus.

The people in the head office were very unfriendly and no empathy.
Due to being the only person in Finance, when it is almost month-end there were so much stress just to complete or the financial reports.
Pros
Free snacks
Great place to work at
Network Administrator & Networking Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 May 2016
Great place to work at.
Not feeling well recently.
No Issues.
No Problems.
Updated Curriculum.
friendly environment.
Pros
Professional Environment
Cons
MultiTasking
Computer Support
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2016
Very good for Hands on experience and learning.
Software is up to date and designed to help you use Applied Knowledge.
All the people there are excellent, friendly and laid back.
Professional
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2016
CDI College was a great place to work and go to school. all around a great vibe and work environment.
meeting with potential students gave me the satisfaction I desired. Helping find the best courses and possibilities for each individual made every day enjoyable.
Pros
Office, personal space.
Cons
sometimes quite long hours