CDI College Employee Review

High Expectations, low standards
Career Services (Current Employee) –  Calgary. AB12 August 2013
Very minimal training. Thrown into a position or expected to know what you are doing with very little to work with. After almost a year of working I was finally given a "welcome package" to the position I was in. Not only do you have a campus director to answer too but you also have an education manager, regional manager of your deparment and VP director of your department. Never in my years as a working professional, have I ever felt that my co-workers were more against than anything. This company lacks unity and trust. A foundation to build a strong business. What CDI stands for is to help people through education. I obtain my education through CDI, but after a year of working for them, they are only looking at numbers. Their beliefs are false.

Other CDI College Employee Reviews

Dead end employment
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Canada2 February 2018
Think twice about working here. Lots of promises for change, but nothing ever does.
The direction of the company is non existent and so is the communication from management. Management aren't leaders but there to micromanage your daily performance in some areas, and no support for when you really need the help. You better be on the ball as one day you are a star and the next you are one foot out the door as they are always pushing for student enrollments and don't care about the quality of students that will be attending. Compensation is low unless you are a superstar and the benefits are low too- 2 weeks vacation and No short term disability. The work culture is virtually non-existent and everyone is out for themselves.
Pros
helping people that want to increase their education
Cons
low pay, low benefits, low chance of advancement
Think twice before accepting a position at CDI
DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 January 2018
The direction of the company is non existent. Department heads don't take advice from the people who really see things on the ground level. The compensation is okay, but you really need to be on the ball as one day you are a star and the next you are one foot out the door. Stressful environment in which you can't even trust your own team, as they are under the same situation and will steal a client away from you if they have a chance.
Cons
weekend and evening calls. no direction. stressful.