CDI College Employee Review

Enjoyed being part of the team, and teaching students
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 September 2017
Really enjoyed working the Monday to Friday, to teach students. I learned a lot about how to reach different people, and what helps them to understand what they are being taught. I believe the team I worked with had a lot of insight on what would work best, and we would discuss this with each other. This would give us better tools to work with. Management may not have always been there for the team or students, but the President (CEO) was a great person that we respected.
Pros
Gratitude from the students. Great hours.
Cons
Management was not always there for the students.

Other CDI College Employee Reviews

Dead end employment
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Canada2 February 2018
Think twice about working here. Lots of promises for change, but nothing ever does.
The direction of the company is non existent and so is the communication from management. Management aren't leaders but there to micromanage your daily performance in some areas, and no support for when you really need the help. You better be on the ball as one day you are a star and the next you are one foot out the door as they are always pushing for student enrollments and don't care about the quality of students that will be attending. Compensation is low unless you are a superstar and the benefits are low too- 2 weeks vacation and No short term disability. The work culture is virtually non-existent and everyone is out for themselves.
Pros
helping people that want to increase their education
Cons
low pay, low benefits, low chance of advancement
Think twice before accepting a position at CDI
DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 January 2018
The direction of the company is non existent. Department heads don't take advice from the people who really see things on the ground level. The compensation is okay, but you really need to be on the ball as one day you are a star and the next you are one foot out the door. Stressful environment in which you can't even trust your own team, as they are under the same situation and will steal a client away from you if they have a chance.
Cons
weekend and evening calls. no direction. stressful.