CDI College Employee Reviews in Canada

Medical Office Administrator Program instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 11, 2016
CDI College is a nice place to work, they management is very good and very flexible. It is always very nice to deal with the students and change their lives. the hardest part is when you fail a student and try to convince them that this is not the right career and not the right course for them.
Pros
Good environement
Cons
Salary and compensation is not the best
Fun to work
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yonge St., TorontoMay 25, 2016
A day at work were hectic due to being the only person doing all the financial functions of the campus.

The people in the head office were very unfriendly and no empathy.
Due to being the only person in Finance, when it is almost month-end there were so much stress just to complete or the financial reports.
Pros
Free snacks
Instructing
Medical Office Administrator Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton ONJuly 13, 2016
Instructor consisted of doing lectures, video usage, over head projects, Hands-on teaching.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my MOA students succeed in finding jobs.
Great place to work at
Network Administrator & Networking Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 18, 2016
Great place to work at.
Not feeling well recently.
No Issues.
No Problems.
Updated Curriculum.
friendly environment.
Pros
Professional Environment
Cons
MultiTasking
Professional
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 3, 2016
CDI College was a great place to work and go to school. all around a great vibe and work environment.
meeting with potential students gave me the satisfaction I desired. Helping find the best courses and possibilities for each individual made every day enjoyable.
Pros
Office, personal space.
Cons
sometimes quite long hours
love teaching
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 12, 2016
my job has to be one of the best titles, with the opportunity, to interact and learn from students and also to be apart of they life goal and see there success.
Not much to say
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 11, 2016
No good opinion on the company in terms of learn and earn concept.
Staff is highly incompatible of helping and guiding the new comers at work.
Computer Support
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 17, 2016
Very good for Hands on experience and learning.
Software is up to date and designed to help you use Applied Knowledge.
All the people there are excellent, friendly and laid back.
Incredible, knowledgeable staff
Student (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 25, 2015
CDI, is well equipped with professional Instructors that go the extra mile to help their students. They truly care about them all. It is a very fun place to learn. I am excited to go to school every day!

Everyone is always there to help each other and it is such a wonderful atmosphere.

I would recommend this college for anyone willing to go back to educate themselves or for a student fresh out of high school. There are no limitations as to who can attend.
Pros
Pizza every month!
Cons
Challenging at times
Overall a good job experience!
Instructor Medical Office Administration (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONJanuary 21, 2016
CDI Ajax, a nice place to work, Staff know their jobs, from management on down.

Sad to see it close.

Writing anything further about my job is already covered above.
Well Organized
On-Site IT Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Excellent study and working environment with lovely team members. Typical day at work is to help to set up student workstation.
Productive and Fun place to work
Accounting and Payroll Administrator Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 24, 2015
Students I work with are amazing to be around and a fun. My coworkers are a joy and pleasure to be around. Fun environment overall
Best school I have ever attended
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 22, 2015
The staff are extremely friendly and compassionate. The way the courses are structured makes them a lot easier to understand. My classmates were the best classmates from any class I have ever had.
Great College
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 19, 2015
Great experience during school.
Great instructors and environment, instructors are trying to make the best out of students during classes and assignments.
flexible hours
STUDENT (Current Employee) –  North YorkJuly 6, 2015
Involved in collecting process with 90% of efficiency (working with numbers).
Was responsible for data entry and certain bookkeeping functions.
Consistently met and exceed answer and call time requirements, with a 99% accuracy rate.
Coded and Filed patient files
Working environment is motivational and a pleasure to work with these individuals.
Employment Specialist - Career Services Office (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMay 13, 2015
CDI College has an excellent group of colleagues that I work with on a daily basis. Campus is respected and a pleasure to teach at. The challenge is limited and I personally require more of a challenge and working goals.
It turned out to be a OK place to work
Network and A+ Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 13, 2015
It is a great place to learn they always emphasize getting more education.
The management seemed to be in a constant state of change.

the coworkers are very good and nice people.

There is really no hard part to this job.

the most enjoyable part is watching your students graduate.
Pros
Muffins on fridays
Cons
all salary's are frozen indefinably
Lively dynamic atmosphere
Oil and Gas Administrative Instructor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 10, 2014
I have very much enjoyed working as an instructor at CDI College. I am passionate about personal growth and helping people attain their life goals.
My public speaking skills have improved vastly as well as customer service skills.
I enjoy each and every one of my co-workers and have always strove to help them, if they need it.
The most enjoyable part of my job would watching students graduate. I also loved the fact that, as I teach them, I too learn new things.
Rewarding
Administrative Assistant/Student Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2015
A typical day at CDI College would be to greet students and newcomers to the office.
Maintain and create new files for students.
Maintain switchboard, take messages, forward incoming calls.
Administered Comp-Tia exams.
Administered Entrance Exams.
Organized meetings/lunches.
Ordering of office supplies.
Etc.

In my role of Director of First Impressions/Administrative Assistant, I learnt compassion, empathy,and patience for students who was undergoing problems at school or in their personal lives.

While working at the college I made many friends on the staff. It became an extended family feeling.

The hardest part of my job was watching students struggling with their assignments, or problems at home which would interfere with their studies and ultimately result in failure at school.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the students graduate!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
cap on raises
pressure sales
SALES REP/CAREER ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 8, 2014
Unfortunately the pressure for sales overshadows proper customer service and the needs of a potential client, consequently service becomes very self centered as opposed to client centered, leaving client feeling like they are pressured to make a decision right there and then. No one wants to be pressured into buying, it takes finesse and empathy in this field to make it work for both company and the client, unfortunately most adviors/reps do not have proper skills to build trust and rapport, which is the FIRST step to any sales transaction.
Pros
dealing with clients who have real needs
Cons
pressure to sell overshadows the needs of a client