CDI College Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Computer Support
IT Support (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 17, 2016
Very good for Hands on experience and learning.
Software is up to date and designed to help you use Applied Knowledge.
All the people there are excellent, friendly and laid back.
Professional
Financial Planner (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Office, personal space.
Cons: sometimes quite long hours
CDI College was a great place to work and go to school. all around a great vibe and work environment.
meeting with potential students gave me the satisfaction I desired. Helping find the best courses and possibilities for each individual made every day enjoyable.
Well Organized
On-Site IT Volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Excellent study and working environment with lovely team members. Typical day at work is to help to set up student workstation.
Overall a good job experience!
Instructor Medical Office Administration (Current Employee), Ajax, ONJanuary 21, 2016
CDI Ajax, a nice place to work, Staff know their jobs, from management on down.

Sad to see it close.

Writing anything further about my job is already covered above.
Incredible, knowledgeable staff
Student (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 25, 2015
Pros: Pizza every month!
Cons: Challenging at times
CDI, is well equipped with professional Instructors that go the extra mile to help their students. They truly care about them all. It is a very fun place to learn. I am excited to go to school every day!

Everyone is always there to help each other and it is such a wonderful atmosphere.

I would recommend this college for anyone willing to go back to educate themselves or for a student fresh out of high school. There are no limitations as to who can attend.
Productive and Fun place to work
Accounting and Payroll Administrator Instructor (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 24, 2015
Students I work with are amazing to be around and a fun. My coworkers are a joy and pleasure to be around. Fun environment overall
Great College
Full Time Student (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 19, 2015
Great experience during school.
Great instructors and environment, instructors are trying to make the best out of students during classes and assignments.
Best school I have ever attended
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 22, 2015
The staff are extremely friendly and compassionate. The way the courses are structured makes them a lot easier to understand. My classmates were the best classmates from any class I have ever had.
flexible hours
STUDENT (Current Employee), North YorkJuly 6, 2015
Involved in collecting process with 90% of efficiency (working with numbers).
Was responsible for data entry and certain bookkeeping functions.
Consistently met and exceed answer and call time requirements, with a 99% accuracy rate.
Coded and Filed patient files
Great work environment
Admissions Team Leader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 5, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Security
•Met and exceeded monthly, quarterly and annual starts, referrals, targets and objectives, as per tenure expectations
•Maintained a conversion rate on all types of inquiries from lead to interview, interview to enrollment and enrollment to start as determined by Admissions Management and Company directives
•Created and achieve annual sales budgets
•Achieved a minimum sit rate number during each quarter as determined and set by Admissions Management
•Generated of referrals is a significant component of start business.
•Participated in Campus outreach projects
•Accountable for business growth through following up on leads and delivering information to prospective students in a timely manner
•Partnered with Student Finance and the Education departments to ensure accurate and complete packaging
•Received inquiry calls from all potential students interested in knowing or receiving information about the programs, including entrance requirements, curricula and College standards
•Complied with governmental regulations and standards of accreditation as they relate to enrolling students
•Assessed suitability in accordance with College sales approach and standards
•Identified potential problems, which may interfere with or be a barrier to a student's successful entrance into or completion of a program
Teachers were great
student (Former Employee), Winnipeg MBMay 31, 2015
Pros: Great teachers
Cons: Bad hours
Study accounting and payroll
Teachers were great and helpful
not enough hours to study
Class was over ya still talk to teachers
Working environment is motivational and a pleasure to work with these individuals.
Employment Specialist - Career Services Office (Current Employee), North York, ONMay 13, 2015
CDI College has an excellent group of colleagues that I work with on a daily basis. Campus is respected and a pleasure to teach at. The challenge is limited and I personally require more of a challenge and working goals.
Great teamwork and results focused
Student Financial Planner (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 6, 2015
Pros: Work/Life balance
CDI College in Hamilton has a great team to work with. The focus is on the student outcome with strong dedication from every employee.
It turned out to be a OK place to work
Network and A+ Instructor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2015
Pros: Muffins on fridays
Cons: all salary's are frozen indefinably
It is a great place to learn they always emphasize getting more education.
The management seemed to be in a constant state of change.

the coworkers are very good and nice people.

There is really no hard part to this job.

the most enjoyable part is watching your students graduate.
great place to grow
PSW Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 21, 2015
Great team to work with
Enjoy meeting new students and seeing them graduate and lend great jobs gives that rewarding feeling.
Rewarding
Administrative Assistant/Student Co-Ordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: cap on raises
A typical day at CDI College would be to greet students and newcomers to the office.
Maintain and create new files for students.
Maintain switchboard, take messages, forward incoming calls.
Administered Comp-Tia exams.
Administered Entrance Exams.
Organized meetings/lunches.
Ordering of office supplies.
Etc.

In my role of Director of First Impressions/Administrative Assistant, I learnt compassion, empathy,and patience for students who was undergoing problems at school or in their personal lives.

While working at the college I made many friends on the staff. It became an extended family feeling.

The hardest part of my job was watching students struggling with their assignments, or problems at home which would interfere with their studies and ultimately result in failure at school.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the students graduate!
Great Place To Work
Technical Instructor (Current Employee), Ajax, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Company is committed to providing the best education for the students.
Lively dynamic atmosphere
Oil and Gas Administrative Instructor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 10, 2014
I have very much enjoyed working as an instructor at CDI College. I am passionate about personal growth and helping people attain their life goals.
My public speaking skills have improved vastly as well as customer service skills.
I enjoy each and every one of my co-workers and have always strove to help them, if they need it.
The most enjoyable part of my job would watching students graduate. I also loved the fact that, as I teach them, I too learn new things.
education is what leads us top greatness
student (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 16, 2014
I loved the atmosphere and the new and exciting things I've learned.
Intimate work environment, friendly, close to home.
Business and Soft Skills Instructor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: location is close to home so the commute is minimal.
Cons: no opportunity for growth
Typically the work day consists of delivering required curriculum to various sized classes. The small class size provides the opportunity to provide students one-on-one training when required. The direct contact with the diverse student body provides experience with communication on a variety of levels. Management is relaxed and offers an open door policy which makes it easy to address any situations that arise. The campus employs a dozen or so other staff so it is very easy to get to know and work with co-workers. The hardest part of the job is delivering the course content in the short time frame allowed. Some courses are only 1 week in length and others only 2. Maintaining a level of student success during that period of time is difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning from the students.