CDI College Employee Reviews

Medical Office Administrator Program instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2016
CDI College is a nice place to work, they management is very good and very flexible. It is always very nice to deal with the students and change their lives. the hardest part is when you fail a student and try to convince them that this is not the right career and not the right course for them.
Pros
Good environement
Cons
Salary and compensation is not the best
Great Atmosphere
Instructor/Adult Educator (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC29 November 2016
I love working here. The director is amazing, great staff, good environment. Students work hard, curriculum is up to date.
Fun to work
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yonge St., Toronto25 May 2016
A day at work were hectic due to being the only person doing all the financial functions of the campus.

The people in the head office were very unfriendly and no empathy.
Due to being the only person in Finance, when it is almost month-end there were so much stress just to complete or the financial reports.
Pros
Free snacks
Don't work here
anonamous (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2016
Administration staff all hate each other so impossible to get assistance with anything. Extensive unpaid work hours preparing for class and marking. Undereducated, undertrained Director. No filter for the students they allow into this school
Pros
Some very pleasant student.
Cons
Very low pay. Lots of unpaid hours to do job successfully. Lousy Director.
Acquired a significant amount of experience as a Network Technician/Engineer
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 October 2016
CDI College was the perfect place to obtain my Network Systems Engineering Diploma in IT. On top of my diploma, I was able to volunteer at the campus as a Network Technician and gain the experience needed to get out onto the field.
This was education
Computer Network Management (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2016
The course was a great tool to sharpen my skills, I am looking forward to implementing the new tools I have acquired with my all ready experience in this trade.
Pros
Education
Cons
Young adults
love teaching
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 August 2016
my job has to be one of the best titles, with the opportunity, to interact and learn from students and also to be apart of they life goal and see there success.
Instructing
Medical Office Administrator Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton ON13 July 2016
Instructor consisted of doing lectures, video usage, over head projects, Hands-on teaching.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my MOA students succeed in finding jobs.
Professional
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2016
CDI College was a great place to work and go to school. all around a great vibe and work environment.
meeting with potential students gave me the satisfaction I desired. Helping find the best courses and possibilities for each individual made every day enjoyable.
Pros
Office, personal space.
Cons
sometimes quite long hours
Not much to say
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2016
No good opinion on the company in terms of learn and earn concept.
Staff is highly incompatible of helping and guiding the new comers at work.
Great place to work at
Network Administrator & Networking Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 May 2016
Great place to work at.
Not feeling well recently.
No Issues.
No Problems.
Updated Curriculum.
friendly environment.
Pros
Professional Environment
Cons
MultiTasking
Rewarding
Administrative Assistant/Student Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2015
A typical day at CDI College would be to greet students and newcomers to the office.
Maintain and create new files for students.
Maintain switchboard, take messages, forward incoming calls.
Administered Comp-Tia exams.
Administered Entrance Exams.
Organized meetings/lunches.
Ordering of office supplies.
Etc.

In my role of Director of First Impressions/Administrative Assistant, I learnt compassion, empathy,and patience for students who was undergoing problems at school or in their personal lives.

While working at the college I made many friends on the staff. It became an extended family feeling.

The hardest part of my job was watching students struggling with their assignments, or problems at home which would interfere with their studies and ultimately result in failure at school.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the students graduate!
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Cap on Raises
Overall a good job experience!
Instructor Medical Office Administration (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON21 January 2016
CDI Ajax, a nice place to work, Staff know their jobs, from management on down.

Sad to see it close.

Writing anything further about my job is already covered above.
Computer Support
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2016
Very good for Hands on experience and learning.
Software is up to date and designed to help you use Applied Knowledge.
All the people there are excellent, friendly and laid back.
It turned out to be a OK place to work
Network and A+ Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2015
It is a great place to learn they always emphasize getting more education.
The management seemed to be in a constant state of change.

the coworkers are very good and nice people.

There is really no hard part to this job.

the most enjoyable part is watching your students graduate.
Pros
Muffins on fridays
Cons
all salary's are frozen indefinably
Incredible, knowledgeable staff
Student (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 November 2015
CDI, is well equipped with professional Instructors that go the extra mile to help their students. They truly care about them all. It is a very fun place to learn. I am excited to go to school every day!

Everyone is always there to help each other and it is such a wonderful atmosphere.

I would recommend this college for anyone willing to go back to educate themselves or for a student fresh out of high school. There are no limitations as to who can attend.
Pros
Pizza every month!
Cons
Challenging at times
Well Organized
On-Site IT Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2016
Excellent study and working environment with lovely team members. Typical day at work is to help to set up student workstation.
Intimate work environment, friendly, close to home.
Business and Soft Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2014
Typically the work day consists of delivering required curriculum to various sized classes. The small class size provides the opportunity to provide students one-on-one training when required. The direct contact with the diverse student body provides experience with communication on a variety of levels. Management is relaxed and offers an open door policy which makes it easy to address any situations that arise. The campus employs a dozen or so other staff so it is very easy to get to know and work with co-workers. The hardest part of the job is delivering the course content in the short time frame allowed. Some courses are only 1 week in length and others only 2. Maintaining a level of student success during that period of time is difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning from the students.
Pros
Location is close to home so the commute is minimal.
Cons
No opportunity for growth
Friendly environment; supportive team.
Medical Office Administration Instructor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2014
Very friendly atmosphere; encourages students to learn and reach their career goals.
Career oriented place.
Management is very supportive.
Productive and Fun place to work
Accounting and Payroll Administrator Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 November 2015
Students I work with are amazing to be around and a fun. My coworkers are a joy and pleasure to be around. Fun environment overall