CDI College, Pointe-Claire campus is currently seeking a qualified Instructor to teach the 3D modeling and Animation program.
Under the general supervision of the Campus Director, the instructor is responsible for providing instruction according to the prescribed curriculum and facilitating student learning through the use of traditional, alternative and digital delivery methods. The instructor must have relevant work/industry experience and demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Commitment to undergraduate teaching is necessary.
The 3D modeling instructor is responsible for leveraging their expertise and experience to deliver education services to students through:
- Delivering instruction that meets module and program objectives as set out in the prescribed curriculum;
- Preparing lesson plans and teaching aids that utilize a variety of teaching methods which will promote the attainment of desirable goals of students;
- Monitoring and discussing students’ progress with them individually and as a group;
- Participating in the development and evaluation of curriculum and instructional materials, as required;
- Informing the Campus Director or Campus Coordinator of any significant changes or problems that arise during a module;
- Attending Instructors’ meetings, as required;
- Assigning and posting of grades;
- Maintaining relevant industry skills and knowledge;
To be successful in the Instructor position, individuals must possess the following education, experience and competencies:
- Relevant industry skills and knowledge of the Autodesk education suite including Maya, Zbrush, Unreal Technology;
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including presentation and group facilitation;
Evidence of teaching potential although Instructional/training experience is considered an asset;
- Ability to motivate and inspire students;
- Commitment to remain current in area of study including ongoing professional development and continuous improvement.
Education and Experience:
- College OR Bachelor’s diploma with an emphasis in Animation, digital media OR visual arts including 3D Modeling;
- Minimum 3 years of practical work experience in the field