Job Title: Shipping & Logistics Manager
Reports To: Procurement
This group of enterprises is owned or controlled by an entrepreneurial individual who resides in Toronto, Canada but operates the group companies in both the USA & Canada. The Group is composed of small, privately held units engaged in the Design, Manufacture & Direct Selling of Consumer Goods (Appliances –Floor Care & Air Cleaners); the Marketing of commercial cleaning equipment to the Hotel & Resort Industry; the manufacture of Aerospace components for Tier I &Tier II Aerospace OEMs. In addition, the units are engaged in a number of start-up marketing programs and control or have access to innovative product lines. The sales organizations work on an international scale.
Responsible for all logistical and shipping functions for the companies, involving all materials, supplies, raw and finished product coming in and going out to vendors, outside processors, clients and the company’s own related warehouses. Shipping & Receiving of all goods; Inventory management and control; transportation and logistical management and the preparation of all necessary records and paperwork including records of shipments and bills of lading and day tickets for all carriers. Responsible for accuracy of the shipping documentation and verifying shipping (packing lists) with the sales orders.
- Learning and updating the internal systems with information from all vendors, suppliers, outside and inside clients.
- Supervising all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Inventory and stores management.
- Internal Way bills, Commercial invoices and all related domestic and international documentation.
- Prepare bills of lading or dray tickets for each shipment.
- Check and record all items loaded for shipments.
- Post shipments to customer orders and calculate balance yet to be received. Upon completion of the shipment, closes out orders and forwards the document to production (CSC), sales, and accounting departments.
- Notify supervisor or CSC when major discrepancies occur, over-shipments, or substitutions have been made.
- Maintain other shipping records such as goods damaged, returnable pallets, returnable gaylords, dunnage, etc.
- On shipped goods, check and count all items loaded from cars, trucks, or trailers. Check CSC count and report discrepancies to the traffic manager/purchasing manager, sales, and CSC.
- Interfaces with other departments as required.
- Use the UPS on-line computer.
- Use the Federal Express computer.
- May move materials on shipping dock with hand truck.
- May load and unload trucks using a forklift.
- May notify sales or CSC of outgoing shipments.
- Keep receiving area clean.
- Keep aisles open to access.
- May have special assignments.
- May have to unload by hand.
- Office clerical skills
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills in mainframe and PC (UPS, Federal Express, Microsoft, and/or Corel).
- Professional ethics, tact, and courtesy in dealing with employees.
- Some physical effort required in lifting less that pallet loads of goods to hand truck.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator’s permit for operation of forklift truck.
- Willingness to take additional training on personal and/or company time.
Indeed - 22 months ago