Available: March 2013 to March 2014
Applicant Deadline: Friday, April 5, 2013
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM), established in 1978, is Canada’s premier institute for education and research in naturopathic medicine and the graduates of its intensive four-year post-graduate medical program are recognized for regulation/licensure in all Canadian and most American jurisdictions in which naturopathic medicine is regulated. Through excellence in health education, clinical services and research that integrate mind, body and spirit, CCNM’s doctor of Naturopathic Medicine Diploma program develops primary-care doctors accomplished in the art and practice of naturopathic medicine. CCNM is a registered charity dependent upon tuition, research grants and donations for the fulfillment of its mission. The College occupies an attractive 4.3 acre campus situated at the Sheppard and Leslie subway stop, across from North York General Hospital. CCNM provides an attractive work environment for those who value good health and who enjoy working in a positive creative atmosphere.
Reporting to the Coordinator, Procurement & Office Services, the Housekeeping Personnel Lead will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day administration as well as gathering and organizing data of the Housekeeping department. This position will also perform all regular housekeeping duties and provide environmentally conscious cleaning services to maintain CCNM property, in a fresh and orderly manner. This is a one year maternity leave contract.
This position will be working the 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm shift. This position will also be required to work one Saturday and one Sunday per month but not concurrently.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Senior housekeeping position, preferably with supervisory duties
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act, Fire Code, and WHMIS etc.
- Customer service experience to deal with all levels of staff, faculty and students
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization and excellent organizational skills
- Must be comfortable with scheduling and coordinating work activities
- Ability to work unsupervised and keep team members motivated and engaged
- Able to utilize relevant computer software programs such as Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of sterilization procedures
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the primary functions of the position which includes standing for an entire shift and must be able to lift up to 60 lbs
- Good knowledge and understanding of operation and maintenance of all housekeeping equipment
To Apply: Submit your resume with a covering letter to:
Human Resources Department
On the covering letter, please indicate the title of the position that you are applying for and where you saw this job advertisement.
We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.