Title of Position: Project Engineer
Department: Temporary Structures
Reports to: Vice President, Temporary Structures
To provide engineering support to the functioning of the temporary structures unit in the form of engineering analysis, design, execution of field reviews and shop drawing preparation, review and approval.
- Conduct analysis of structures such as reinforced concrete slabs, steel structures, aluminum structures, timber structures, and scaffolding using software such as STAAD Pro and Safe.
- Analysis, design and drafting of tower crane foundations and also conduct re-bar inspections to ensure compliance with design drawings.
- Analysis, design and drafting of mobile crane re-shoring for traverse over suspended slabs and support of outriggers.
- Prepare formwork (shoring and false work) shop drawings using a range of equipment including system scaffold, aluma, peri and meva to name a few.
- Conduct pre-pour reviews and provide on-site recommendations to ensure timely and safe execution of pours.
- Prepare reviews of access scaffolding to ensure compliance with design drawings and OHSA regulations.
- Prepare reports documenting outcome of analysis and calculations for circulation to clients and agencies such as TTC, Ministry of Labor, Municipalities etc.
- Prepare and approve detailed calculations regarding the analysis and design of structures
- Conduct research into the use of equipment and techniques which are new to the construction section in Canada.
- Provide guidance to draftspersons on the preparation of shop drawings.
- An engineering license with specialism in civil/structural engineering with at least two years of post-licensure experience in a similar environment.
- At two years of experience working with computer analysis software including STAAD PRO and Safe.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent skills using AutoCAD, MS word, MS excel.