Location: Ottawa, ON
As a contributor to the entire product development cycle, you will assemble, test and troubleshoot prototypes, proof of concepts, sub-assemblies, test jigs and complete antenna arrays. In addition, you will carry out laboratory measurements on these assemblies. You will work closely with the electrical and mechanical Antenna Designers and other groups within the company in providing support for antenna assembly and testing. You bring excellent soldering skills, demonstrated problem solving abilities, are self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision.
This is an excellent opportunity to use your mechanical assembly skills while being very hands-on in building tools or jigs. We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver and is willing to take initiative and personal responsibility for the work they do.
If you like to work in a fast paced environment with opportunities to learn and develop new skills that you won’t find anywhere else, please apply.
- Assemble antennas, antenna sub-systems, test jigs, proof of concept and prototypes to support the team’s design and NPI activities.
- Using various mediums and your keen creativity, build jigs in support of antenna assembly.
- Perform antenna testing using automated test software and test equipment such as network analyzers.
- Contribute to the success of all products, helping to ensure that they meet design requirements and satisfy customer needs.
- Local travel may be required on occasion. A valid driver’s license is required.
- Electrical/Electronic Technician or Electromechanical Diploma along with 5 years of relevant industry experience in assembly, troubleshooting and repair at the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) level.
- Excellent soldering skills; knowledge of cables and SMT components. IPC-A-610 certification a definite plus.
- Ability to read and understand technical instructions and technical assembly drawings.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to work with mechanical and power tools.
- Experience in building mechanical test jigs using diverse materials including sheet metal, plastic or MDF.
- Solid computer skills with competence using MS Word and Excel.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
About CCI Antennas
CCI Antennas (CCAI) is an antenna design center for its parent company Component Communication Inc. Products (CCI Products). CCAI designs, assembles and tests cellular base station antenna prototypes in its laboratory in Ottawa.
Communication Components Inc. is one of the fastest growing providers of base station enhancement products. Our innovative products are designed to allow service providers to get the most out of their base station investments. Whether capacity expansion or coverage enhancement is the objective, CCI has the appropriate solution to meet the need. With thousands of field-proven solutions in deployment, in PCS, Cellular and SMR environments, CCI brings expertise, technology, and reliability. CCI's capacity expansion products will allow a basestation to grow radio count without adding feeders and antennas, and with no loss of coverage. CCI creates turn-key solution from design assistance to site commissioning. www.cciproducts.com.