CBV Collection Services Ltd.
CBV Collection Services Ltd. (“CBV”) is a privately-held North American accounts receivable management service provider. Formerly operating as the Credit Bureau of Vancouver, the Company was established in 1921. With its headquarters in Vancouver, the company also has Canadian offices in Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, and Montreal. CBV operates in the USA through a wholly-owned subsidiary, Primary Financial Services, based in Phoenix, AZ. The company has an aggressive growth strategy and is looking at further expansion opportunities in the United States.
The Corporate Accountant will be exposed to numerous aspects of the business including financial reporting, financial forecasting, financial planning and analysis and other ad hoc activities. This is a new role that is likely to expand and evolve as CBV grows through expansion of existing operations and future acquisitions.
The Corporate Accountant will work in the accounting department in Vancouver and report to the Finance Manager. The Corporate Accountant will interact with operations and accounting personnel in Canada and the U.S., the Chief Financial Officer, the external auditors and various other stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare financial statements for internal Management and Board reporting purposes including supporting working papers for the year-end audit as required
- Prepare consolidated quarterly financial statements for reporting to lenders (note: the consolidation has a low level of complexity)
- Maintain financial details and general corporate accounting for CBV ensuring accurate financial records and streamlined consolidation processes are in place
Budgets and Forecasts
- Assist the Finance Manager in preparing annual operating and capital budgets
- Assist the CFO in preparing and updating quarterly forecasts
- Evaluation of actual operating results versus budget and/or forecasts
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Evaluate financial and operating results in relation to corporate Key Performance Indicators and/or applicable benchmarks to ensure management targets the appropriate revenue and cost drivers to improve profitability
- Prepare internal financial reports for various cost metric analysis, ratio analysis, as well as other Key Performance Indicators to support operational decision making
- Prepare other internal financial reports for Management and the Board of Directors as required
- Identify, evaluate and implement process efficiencies, e.g. consolidation processes
- Assist in various treasury and/or tax related activities on an ad hoc basis, as required
- Provide support for other special projects on an ad hoc basis, as required, including corporate and strategic planning initiatives and/or other project development activities
Qualifications and Experience
- Professional accounting designation or enrolled in program at a senior level
- Experience with financial reporting and non-complex consolidations
- Knowledge and experience with budgeting and forecasting processes as well as basic cost accounting concepts
- Highly proficient Excel modeling skills and proficient with other Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding and knowledge of Great Plains would be an asset
- Understanding and knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises would be an asset
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills with an ability to challenge the status quo and effect positive change
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for improving business processes and making the best use of technology
- Ability to present (both verbally and in writing) complex information in an easy to understand fashion
- Team player with a sense of humor and ability to maintain a positive work environment
- Attention to detail with ability to “roll-up” the sleeves, while not losing sight of big picture
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously