JOB TITLE: Summer Intern in Commercial Real Estate
LOCATION: Halifax Office, Halifax, NS
AD #: 2012015836
SALARY RANGE: $10-$12/hr; 14wk term
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE: CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services firm (in terms of 2011 revenue). The Company has approximately 34,000 employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 300 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers strategic advice and execution for property sales and leasing; corporate services; property, facilities and project management; mortgage banking; appraisal and valuation; development services; investment management; and research and consulting.
In Canada, CBRE Limited employs approximately 1,850 people in 24 locations from coast to coast. Please visit our Web site at www.cbre.ca.
The successful candidate will assist with specific marketing and research projects as assigned by the Office Operations Administrator. These projects include:
- Sales Comp Summary Sheets - creation of detailed summary page of individual markets
- Compilation of Vehicle/Pedestrian Counts
- Demographics breakdown for individual markets
- Creation of standardized Market Comp Sheets
- CBRE Map - data layering for additional markets
- Creation and maintenance of Tenant database
- Assist with creation of “Best Practices” CBRE Atlantic shared marketing folder
Responsibilities within these projects include data entry and database management, Internet research, on-site (out of office) research, liaising with client and industry professionals, and various administrative tasks related specifically to the research projects.
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a friendly and positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments and work effectively to achieve competing deadlines while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to take the initiative
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Excellent computer proficiency with MS-Office, in a Windows environment
- Knowledge of Adobe In-Design (CS6) and MapInfo software
- Strong ability to navigate/research the Internet
- Industry related experience would be an asset
If you are a high-energy individual with a great work ethic and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume with a cover letter.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.