CARSTAR is the industry leader in the collision repair business in Canada.
All CARSTAR locations are independently owned and operated and maintain the strictest requirements in quality of work, training, and customer satisfaction. We pride ourselves on world-class ethics, standards and consistency when it comes to serving our customers.
An important part of CARSTAR’s mission is to sustain a work force of employees who are proud to be part of the CARSTAR Family, and who demonstrate their loyalty by sharing CARSTAR’s vision, mission, and values (http://www.carstar.ca/careers/our-values/).
CMD CARSTAR Group owns multiple CARSTAR franchises in Calgary (including CARSTAR Sunridge, Inglewood, Downtown and East Lake/SE). We are locally owned and operated. We provide a casual but professional work environment, a good team atmosphere, work life balance and competitive compensation for our employees.
Working with the Management Team, the Human Resource Generalist will be responsible for implementing and coordinating our people practices and programs. The successful candidate will provide front line consultation to supervisors and support for employees in all areas of our operations at CMD CARSTAR Group. We are looking for the successful applicant to assist us in strengthening our human resource practices in alignment with the corporate goals at CARSTAR.
- Provide appropriate advice, coaching and guidance to managers on Human Resource ‘best practices’ and employee issues including interpreting of employment standards, company policies, or other applicable regulations
- Provide support and advice on attracting and retaining employees including advice on our recruitment and selection practices, training provided, handling our annual performance review process, as well as compensation discussions, and compensation equity between locations
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, career progression and compensation/total benefits
- Lead HR initiatives such as developing and/or facilitating practical orientation and onboarding programs for new employees
- Maintain information in regard to HR documents and policies, review and update for ongoing improvement; maintain the career section of the company website, our general information boards and/or other forms of communication
- Manage employee related documents and/or personnel files (including records on performance, probation, absenteeism, or issues involving discipline), as well as electronic information using the HRIS including reporting functions
- Assist in resolving work related issues with employees, including participation in dispute resolution meetings
- Conduct both ‘exit’ and ‘stay’ interviews to manage and identify areas for improvement in employee retention strategies, employee satisfaction and productivity
- Coordinate and chair the OH&S Committee, keep abreast of H&S and Occupational issues, and/or act as a representative to ensure a safe workplace
- Manage WCB reports and claims, represent company for any related investigations or hearings
- Organize, coordinate and control on-site and off-site training and facilitate committees and special events, as needed, and other related duties
- Progressively responsible experience in a human resources roles, preference for experience in external client facing or service related industry
- Related degree or diploma, and CHRP designation (or working to complete the certification process) is considered a strong asset for this position
- Proven ability to develop business relationships
- Proven customer services focus
- Able to take initiative and work independently, as well as part of a team
- Good coaching and leadership skills
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in MS Office and HRIS systems, including use of reporting features
- Conflict management, negotiation, and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience in OH&S considered an asset
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record; travel required between our Calgary locations is required on occasion (own vehicle or method of transportation is required)