CAPP is looking for an Advisor, Corporate Responsibility. The successful candidate reports to the Manager, Corporate Responsibility. This position is a 12-18 month term contract.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Researching leading Corporate Responsibility (CR) practices as input into CAPP initiatives
- Drafting white papers on positions that CAPP wishes to promote with respect to CR and Responsible Canadian Energy (RCE)
- Drafting presentation materials for internal, management and external audiences
- Writing memos to inform discussion at executive team meetings and with members
- Consolidating and analyzing information and data to be included in multiple strategic projects
- Prepare project plans and timelines, content outlines, presentations, and other RCE related materials
- Provide input into RCE program design and metrics development
- Assist in implementation of CAPP’s RCE strategy
- Deliver workshops relating to specific RCE Programs (i.e. RCE awards workshop, RCE metrics workshop)
- Provide support to the effective management of the RCE Advisory Group
- Provide needed advice to communications managers and expert staff in the areas of advertising, digital communications and media relations to fully leverage all channels and integrate RCE into CAPP’s other communication vehicle
- Liaise with communications group during drafting of annual RCE progress report
- Draft and track key working group action items and memos
- Coordinate meeting agendas and logistics
- Strategically attend events to promote CAPP and the RCE Program
- Project manage ongoing evolution of the RCE website
- Manage CAPP’s #RCE social media presence
- Support work and efforts of the Manager, corporate responsibility as needed
Skills and Qualifications
Candidates must clearly reflect the following skills and experience in their application:
- Post-secondary degree required
- Demonstrated experience and/or understanding of working on energy, environment and corporate responsibility in a government, industry and/or ENGO context
- Strong analytical capability, research and writing skills, able to synthesize technical information for a variety of audiences
- Proven familiarity with current affairs and coverage of energy, environmental and CR issues in the Alberta, national and international news markets
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Self-starter and able identify opportunities to advance CAPP’s RCE Program
- Comfortable working with consultants
- Able to work in fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong prioritization and project management skills
- Experience working with and ability to consult a wide-range of internal and external stakeholders
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects, deadlines, teams and priorities
CAPP offers all its employees a competitive compensation and benefits package; professional development opportunities; exposure to key industry members; and involvement in major industry issues in a stimulating, open, and professional work environment.
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence January 6, 2014 with “Advisor – Corporate Responsibility” in the subject line. We thank those that respond. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP) represents companies, large and small, that explore for, develop and produce natural gas and crude oil throughout Canada. CAPP’s member companies produce about 90 per cent of Canada’s natural gas and crude oil. CAPP's associate members provide a wide range of services that support the upstream crude oil and natural gas industry. Together CAPP's members and associate members are an important part of a national industry with revenues of about $100 billion-a-year.
To learn more please visit our website at www.capp.ca.
Indeed - 8 months ago
The Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP) represents companies, large and small, that explore for, develop and produce natural...