Reporting to the Payroll Supervisor, you will be responsible to ensure that all aspects of the payroll cycle are processed in a timely and accu-rate manner and in accordance with government legislation. This includes payroll remittances, month-end reports and T4 preparation. Integrity and strong attention to detail are crucial for this role.
Key Key Responsibility Areas:
- Process semi-monthly payroll for all employees, as well as commission and bonus payments.
- Daily data entry of job bonus information.
- Extract timesheets and review job bonuses for completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure that job bonuses are allocated to correct cost centers.
- Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance and other deductions.
- Process data for payroll.
- Create required internal management reports from the payroll system.
- Verify payslip count with employee count and ensure the timely distribution of the payslips.
- Respond to employee and government agency inquiries in regards to payroll.
- Stay current with payroll regulations, standards and work methods.
- Adhere to all policies and follow established procedures.
- Participate in required meetings providing input and recommendations.
- Have or working towards the CPA Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certification (PCP).
- 2-3 years payroll experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll processes and payroll tax laws required.
- Advanced computer skills, including effective working skills of MS Word and Excel is required.
- Experience in Navision would be considered an asset.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
Closing Date: Open until suitable Candidate found
Canyon is the fastest growing fracturing company in North America. We deliver quality customized pressure pumping and service solutions to the oil and gas industry, improving our industry one job at a time. If you’re looking for a career with a leading organization that promotes Integrity, Relationships, Innovation and Success, then we’re looking for you.
Indeed - 19 months ago
Canyon Technical Services is a leader in the oilfield service industry, providing customized fracturing and pressure pumping solutions to...