Position Type: Full-time
Career Level: Experienced (Manager)
Position Available: February 3
Application Deadline: January 23 – applications will be accepted on a rolling basis
The Canucks Autism Network provides year-round, innovative, high quality sports, recreational, social and employment related programs for individuals and families living with autism, while building awareness and capacity through community networks across British Columbia.
The Canucks Autism Network team consists of a diverse group of trained staff, support workers and dedicated volunteers who administer programs for families and individuals living with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in our province.
Reporting to the CEO, the Operations Manager is responsible ensuring the Canucks Autism Network (Canucks Autism Network) operates smoothly and effectively by supporting the CEO, Canucks Autism Network staff, Board of Directors, Committees, and Society Members at large. This position oversees finances, human resources, registration, volunteer management, operations and facility management. Ensuring best practices and cost effective methods are followed, promote Canucks Autism Network’s values, demonstrate quality, and in compliance with all relevant regulations and standards.
- Strong background in accounting, budgeting and financial reporting
- Previous human resources experience combined with managing an office
- Experience developing and overseeing policy, procedure and financial controls
- Familiar and comfortable with a variety of technologies
- Strong computer skills including MS Office
- Experience with Simply Accounting an asset
- Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks on time and at a high quality
- Goal oriented with a focus on detail and systems
- Strong judgment and problem-solving ability
- Identify process improvement and challenge the status quo appropriately
- Articulate, confident and friendly
- Have a can do attitude and a great sense of humor and diplomacy
- Must work well in a team environment, yet be able to work independently
- Good problem solving skills
- Passionate about the values of Canucks Autism Network
You will have post-secondary education in business management preferred. As well as, a minimum of 5 years management experience in professional office environment working in administration or operations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit sector. You are great at completing tasks and are highly organized; you're also flexible enough to work in a fluid environment and an excellent communicator with a great sense of humour.
Canucks Autism Network holds many programs and events for children and their families throughout the year. This is a full-time position, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday with occasional evenings and weekends. We are located just East of Cambie Street. Benefits such as health and life insurance are offered. Salary will be based upon qualifications and level of experience.
Please email cover letter, including salary expectation (salary range for this position is $55,000-$65,000), and resume, in one pdf format document.
We would like to thank everyone who responds; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.