The Canada Media Fund (CMF) champions the creation of successful, innovative, Canadian content and software applications for current and emerging digital platforms through financial support and industry research. Created by Canada’s cable and satellite distributors and the Government of Canada, the CMF aspires to connect Canadians to our creative expressions, to each other, and to the world. www.cmf-fmc.ca
The CMF is hiring a Bilingual Web Analytics Specialist to join the team in the Toronto office for a 12 month contract.
Under the direction of the Director of Research, the role of the Web Analytics Specialist will be to support and deliver to CMF’s objectives behind the Digital Media Performance Measurement Framework (DMMF) :
1) adoption and successful implementation of the web tracking codes per comScore’s Digital Analytix requirements,
2) active participation in the online reporting by Digital Media (DM) producers and broadcasters, and
3) provide ongoing feedback to CMF management to ensure the relevance of the measurement framework.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance, directions and technical support to DM producers and web developers via e-mail or telephone to assist them in setting up Digital Analytix web tracking codes including verification of successful implementation and data collection.
- Respond to DM producers’ questions and inquiries via e-mail or telephone regarding how to use the CMF Online Reporting form. Manage DM producers’ accounts within the online reporting and all inquiries submitted through onlinereport@ cmf-fmc.ca.
- Recommend ways to optimize and improve the efficacy of the DMMF and its related reporting tools to Executive Team.
- Develop strong client relationships to achieve a “trusted advisor and advocate” status in helping DM producers deliver to CMF’s reporting requirements.
- Seek out best practices and ongoing new developments in standards regarding performance measurement in the DM landscape, i.e., broadcasting, VOD, cross-platform measurement, social media, and report to CMF management.
- Monitor, analyze and uncover insights from CMF-funded digital media projects’ performance in both the Convergent and Experimental streams.
- Participate when necessary in advisory committees or working groups related to digital media measurement and reporting.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Post-secondary graduate in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Math or other analytically oriented discipline.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in setting up web tracking codes in Google Analytics, Webtrends or Site Catalyst, uncovered insights in web analytics, Proven success in deployment of digital analytic solution, SEO and KPI reporting.
- Bilingualism (English and French, written and spoken) required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a common sense and practical solutions orientation.
- Results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds self-accountable for performance, is a fast learner, takes ownership, champion efforts with enthusiasm and conviction and a willingness to help others.
- Knowledge/experience of the television and digital media industry infrastructure and related issues is an asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to adapt in a fast-changing environment with a high degree of uncertainty and organic growth.
- Keen attention to detail is required, and the ability to manage and analyze large volumes of data under pressure related situations and strict deadlines.
- Extended work schedule at times.
- Limited travel within the GTA is required and may involve some travel along the Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto corridor.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your CV and cover letter by November 28, 2012.
The CMF thanks all applicants; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.