Safety Health & Environmental Manager
Cabot Canada Ltd. is seeking an experienced SH&E Manager to join the management team in their Sarnia, Ontario production facility.
Reporting to the Facility General Manager, the successful candidate will provide leadership to the facility in all Safety, Health and Environment related activities. Your experience will include having tracked and reported plant performance against current legislation and provided strong leadership to the production facility to ensure a safe and healthy work environment for all employees.
- Lead the SH&E effort for the facility through personal involvement and by actively engaging our workforce
- Conduct field evaluations to ensure plant work practices and procedures are in compliance with SH&E corporate policies and procedures
- Provide leadership to the JH&S committee
- Prepare/deliver SH&E training as required
- Use knowledge of current and pending legislation and regulations to ensure plant is in compliance with regulatory issues and prepare for proposed legislative changes
- Interface with SH&E from the North American region and corporate offices to champion new policies & procedures to the plant site
- Represent the facility with external/local agencies – SLEA, IEC, CVECO
- Responsible for facility and marine Spill Contingency plans and reporting of any incidents
- Ensure accident/incident/environmental investigations/inspections and reporting are completed
- Manage regulatory reporting and file appropriate reports (NPRI, IERP, MISA, etc.)
Qualifications & Experience:
- Engineering degree preferred - Safety Professional designation an asset – CRSP
- Minimum 8-10 years relevant experience
- Excellent writing skills to develop/draft position papers in response to legislative initiatives and regulatory agencies
- Well developed organizational skills – multi-tasking
- Strong leadership skills - calm under pressure and professional in conducting day to day activities and while responding to external agencies
- Hands on, detail oriented manager able to work at all levels within the organization and with minimal direction
- Strong knowledge of incident investigation/root cause analysis/corrective action implementation
- Experience in a unionized, industrial environment
Interested candidates should forward a resume by December 5, 2012 in Word format or by Fax to 519-339-8273
While we appreciate all responses we receive, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or telephone calls please.