Summary: Reporting to the President and CEO the Vice President is directly responsible for the financial health of the organization, strategic and operational financial planning and the success of its corporate operations. Under the general direction of the President, they will direct and coordinate the activities of the Accounting, Administration, Business Analytics, Facility Management, Finance, and Information Technology Departments for CAA North & East Ontario and its subsidiaries. They will provide financial leadership by managing budgets, overseeing all accounting functions, conducting forecast analysis, and managing corporate reporting requirements. The Vice President provides support to a number of Board Committees such as Audit and Finance. The VP will ensure that all operations are efficient, effective, and financially viable, in accordance with CAA/AAA standards, professional practices and government regulations. They will make recommendations and assist in the formulation of the Club’s operational and strategic objectives, policies, standards and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Finance: The VP is responsible for supervising the quality of accounting and financial reporting for the Club and its subsidiaries. Provides support to the Board of Directors Finance and Audit Committees as required. Manages and reports on the financial risks of the Club and its subsidiaries. Provides recommendation’s to the President regarding capital expenditures and plans. Ensures that a risk assessment is completed twice annually and establishes risk-based audit plans consistent with the organizational objectives. Oversees the Accounting & Finance Department by supervising the Controller whose duties encompass a variety of responsibilities which include, but are not limited to: Accounting (including AP/AR), Monitoring internal controls, Financial Planning & Reporting, Budget Management, Operational and financial forecasting, Analysis of data
Business Analytics: The VP, in conjunction with the President, determines the feasibility of new business lines by working with the various business line-managers and the Board of Director’s Finance Committee. Oversees the Business Analytics Department by supervising the Business Analytics Manager whose duties encompass a variety of responsibilities which include, but are not limited to: Collection and analysis of research data and demographics, Membership database mining, Identifies key financial and operational drivers of profit, Objectively map, critique and recommend improvements to management operating systems and to business processes, Business case development, Assesses and model drivers of enhanced member relationships (MRM).
Facility Management and Membership Processing: The VP advises the President about the potential impact of Club decisions on the provision of space and services. Oversees the Facilities and Administration Department by supervising the Facilities and Administration Manager whose duties encompass a variety of responsibilities which include, but are not limited to: Telecommunications, Mail & Deliveries, Fire Safety, Security, Maintenance Systems, Property Management, Business Continuity Planning, Membership Processing
Information Technology: The VP advises the President about the potential impact of the Club’s operational and strategic decisions on the management of technology and the administration of Club systems. Oversees the Information Technology Department by supervising the Information Technology Manager whose duties encompass a variety of responsibilities which include, but are not limited to: Directing and managing the development and release of IT projects, Supervises dept staff in addressing the daily technological issues of the organization, Managing all corporate computer processes, software, and hardware including PCI compliance, network security, data storage and database design, internal web site.
Other Related Duties as Required
Education and/or Experience:
- 4 year business administration degree or equivalent (advanced degree preferred).
- Professional Accounting Designation required (CA, CGA or CMA). CA preferred.
- 10 years progressively responsible management experience with at least 3 years as an executive with responsibility for managing and mentoring senior staff.
- Extensive experience developing and administering corporate governance policies and procedures
- Experience creating and managing budgets for a large, distributed organization.
- Detailed knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning, and asset management.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills. Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanour.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Accounting Software (as required)
- Some travel required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required, including weekends
Employment is contingent on a successful Criminal Background Check and reference checks.