Working closely with the Travel Product Manager, the Travel Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting travel and marketing programs for CAA North & East Ontario. Experience in the travel industry and knowledge of marketing strategies and tactics would be ideal as the successful applicant will be responsible for loading of travel marketing content on CAA’s website, providing creative input to marketing programs, assisting with travel events and administrative support and tracking of marketing programs. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic individual with excellent communication skills; strong attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines under pressure.
- Regularly update and review website content including featured vacations, sun deals, promotions and Travel Talks.
- Support CAA Stores with travel events, including providing input to the development of marketing collateral, securing venues, monitoring of RSVPs, assisting with the creation of post-event communications and promotional tracking.
- Coordinate the creation of graphical and copy content elements for print and web based marketing material by utilizing internal and external sources.
- Contribute to and review travel content in CAA’s social media channels as required.
- Schedule, coordinate and track internal and external travel product and marketing communications, including the monthly CAA Travel e-News.
- Provide input to editorial copy and coordinate travel partner advertising.
- Track and report on key travel marketing metrics and programs, including the CAA Dollar program to the Travel Product Manager.
- Respond to staff questions and enquiries related to travel product and marketing.
- Participate in other travel and marketing programs and projects as required.
- Preferred: Undergraduate degree or College Diploma, preferably in Business, Communications or equivalent.
- 2-4 years of travel industry and/or marketing experience.
- Strong knowledge of the retail travel products, including experience with cruise, tour, air, car and hotel products.
- Sound understanding of the principles of marketing and standard web and print design.
- Experience or knowledge of direct marketing tactics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including copywriting and proofing.
- Image editing and creation skills, using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat software applications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (MS Excel is a must).
- TICO certification preferred