Summary: Under the direction of the Manager, Facilities and Administration, the Purchasing Specialist is responsible for the procurement, of commodities, supplies, equipment, and services to be used by the Club and assisting Club Managers in the procurement of specialty products and materials. The Purchasing Specialist shall coordinate their efforts with Club Managers, warehouse and store supervisors in order to maintain the appropriate levels of inventory. This individual will leverage the knowledge base of Club staff and utilize their knowledge to purchase goods and services at the most favourable price for CAA North & East Ontario while simultaneously building and maintaining strategic relationships with key suppliers. The Purchasing Specialist coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising, for the Club. They will review requisitions and confer with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule. They shall be responsible for record keeping and maintenance of standards and procedures for the purchasing function.
- Works with Club staff, statistical reports and analysis and CAA contacts to assess procurement requirements.
- Forecasts inventory requirements for retail travel products including attraction tickets and merchandise.
- Responsible for all aspects of the purchasing process including:
o Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule as required
o Places orders, prepares purchase orders and negotiates contracts/purchases within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
o Source alternative products/services where required
o Maintains manual or computerized procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
o Expedite and follow up with suppliers to schedule deliveries, resolve material, value discrepancy, outstanding and overdue delivery of goods and services
o Close purchase orders upon receipt
o Process damage/warranty returns or credits
- As necessary creates Standards and Procedures related to procurement
- Maintains system of ordering materials, including vendor & product records, review of obsolete products
- Maintain pricing on merchandise
- Verify /monitor inventory levels and redistribute inventory as required
- Coordinate Material Data Safety sheets with suppliers
- Store, arrange, index and classify Club records
- Ensure the implementation of retention and disposal schedules of club records
Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Diploma or Degree in material management, business, or administration.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a purchaser.
- Working towards, or completed, a certificate or certification in purchasing or supply chain management
- Demonstrated knowledge of purchasing and contracting techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of internal controls and finance management.
- Must be able to manage budgets and avoid delay costs including shipping.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Able to quickly calculate discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Strong writing skills for creating reports, correspondence, contracts, requests, bids, and other documentation.
- Able to consistently represent the Club in a professional manner, demonstrating professional integrity, ethics, and confidentiality.
- Strong skills utilizing datebases and excel
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Have the ability to lift 30 KG.
Employment is contingent on a successful Criminal Background Check, Clean driving record, reference and security check.