Responsible for overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions for
CAA North & East Ontario (CAANEO). This includes directing all IT operations to meet internal and external requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing infrastructure, applications, communications and the development of new technical solutions.
As a Senior Manager, the Managing Director, Technology will be closely involved and influential in the development and implementation of CAA North & East Ontario’s strategic IT and technology related planning, and overall Club related strategies as required. They will identify, select, and oversee the deployment of the appropriate technology resources that will support Club goals and objectives. This shall require a high degree of cooperation in working with the business lines to support investment in and adoption of technologies which will result in improved Member service and Club relevancy.
- Provide leadership, vision, and management to the IT department.
- Work with Senior Management and staff to assess and respond to IT needs.
- Assist Senior Management with the direction and facilitation of IT strategic and tactical planning.
- Support the planning and execution of all CAA/AAA mandated initiatives; participate in national and international task forces and committee meetings.
- Develop and manage the IT budget.
- Create and deliver business cases for technology projects.
- Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
- Stay informed on new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the Club and its Members.
- Oversee the ordering, acquisition, inventory management and disposition of hardware and software
- Act as the primary contact with outside vendors in the generation of RFPs, bids, contracts, agreements for technology goods and services
- Maintain the integrity and continual 7x24 operation of the IT network and communications infrastructure including ensuring the continual 7x24 functioning of mission critical operations
- Ensure consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures
- Maintain the security and privacy of the information systems, communication lines, and equipment
- Develop, review, and certify all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans
- Provide day-to-day supervision, conduct performance appraisals, and delegate work assignments for all IT personnel
- Provide oversight to Club telephony
- Hold departmental meetings to review strategic goals and initiatives, promote team building and work to provide growth paths for staff
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, and providing appropriate training for IT staff
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience
- Minimum (8) eight years of direct work experience in a progressively senior IT management roles
- Proven track record for product delivery, meeting deadlines, project plan development
- Results oriented
- Advanced knowledge of networking, operating system and server architectures
- Solid Knowledge of web design and a familiarity with web based applications in order to oversee internal website design and third party web based programs.
- Good knowledge of programming concepts, software development cycles, and associated tools and platforms
- Ability to quickly understand new technologies especially those related to automotive services
- Highly effective project management skills
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Strong negotiation and prioritization skills
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of applicable IT laws and regulations, including federal, provincial and municipal access to information and privacy regulations
- Experience managing budgets for an IT department
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Some travel may be required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as required
- Weekend work may be required
Indeed - 15 months ago
The Canadian Automobile Association, CAA, is a non-profit federation, founded in 1913, of nine clubs across Canada, providing roadside...