Reports to: The Managing Director Human Resources and Controller
Summary: The HR Clerk is responsible for providing general administrative support to the HR and payroll departments, including the administration aspects of CAANEO Benefits and Pension programs, and providing backfill and support for the payroll specialist, assisting with filing, recruiting, administering payroll and HRIS system, etc. They will complete registration of new employees and decommissioning of departing staff in HR and payroll systems. As required they shall provide reports and compile statistics for HR reports.
HR Systems & Support
- Register staff for HR Benefits, and Corporate Programs
- Support Reward and Recognition program & Career and Learning Management systems as required
- Manage employee list on internal Club web page to ensure accuracy
- Assist with recruiting as required
- Compile HR statistics & populates HRIS as required
- Manage HR files
- Distribute information regarding Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution pension plans as required
- Ensure timely enrollment and termination of enrollment in pension plans
- Track and maintain contact with Defined Benefit plan members
- Provides support for pension audit as required by Controller.
- Provide backup to Payroll Administrator as required
Other related duties as required
Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- College degree in Business with a focus on HR, other related topics or equivalent experience
- Preferred: training and experience in payroll, pension and benefits administration
Areas of Expertise
- Knowledge of current Ontario and applicable Federal employment law.
- Experience administering employee benefits, pensions, etc.
- Experience with automated software applications (including Microsoft Office Suite) and HR systems.
- Effective communication with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times along with a commitment to staff privacy.
- Flexible schedule to meet business needs.
Employment is contingent on a successful Criminal Background & Reference Check
The Canadian Automobile Association, CAA, is a non-profit federation, founded in 1913, of nine clubs across Canada, providing roadside...