Reporting to the Managing Director, Automotive Services and Call Centre Operations, The Manager, Automotive Services oversees the daily operations of the Automotive Services Department to ensure efficient and safe delivery of automotive services and programs. The incumbent will provide leadership and support for their team, brokers and contractors to meet budgetary and operational goals within the framework established by CAANEO policies and operating procedures and AAA standards.
- Manages the Road Service Supervisors for the Northern and Eastern regions.
- Manages the Automotive Services Operations Supervisor and the Dispatch team.
- Manages.daily operations of the Automotive Services Department, directly or through Supervisory staff including but not limited to; recruiting, payroll, scheduling, , labour / employee relations, customer relations.
- Work with staff to ensure AAA and Club information and product and marketing related information is rolled out, and incorporated into daily operations.
- Enforces compliance with AAA Standards, Club policies, procedures, and safety regulations; may advise or assist employees in performing duties; conducts staff meetings to discuss operational problems or explain procedural changes; investigates, analyzes, and resolves Human Resources and operational or Member complaints/problems with support of the VP and Managing Director Operations. Prepares payroll, time and personnel records.
- Responsible for the physical operation of the Automotive Services facilities and assets: cash handling, and security.
- Oversee maintenance of Fleet vehicles
- Oversee network of contractors and brokers, ensuring adequate coverage is available for the entire region and administrative issues are addressed.
- Ensures complete service is provided to club members and clients in all areas pertaining to the Automotive Services Department
- Responsible for selecting, training, supervising and evaluation of staff.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget, ongoing budget reviews and reports.
- Manages achievement of budget and performance objectives of department.
- Supports Automotive initiatives through community events
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a supervisory position.
- Excellent Automotive/Mechanical knowledge.
- Completion of college with a focus on the automotive and management fields.
- Towing/Automotive repair industry experience.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated management experience:
o Strong abilities in relationship management
o Competency in project management
o Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
o Budgeting experience.
o Managing in a unionized environment.
- Strong ability to coach/train others in customer service issue resolution
- Auto Club knowledge and familiarity with AXIS automation preferred.
- Flexible to work variable hours or respond to critical incidents due to 24/7 nature of operations
- Some travel is required within the CAANEO territory.
Employment is contingent on a successful Criminal Background Check, Clean driving record, reference and security check.
Indeed - 23 months ago
The Canadian Automobile Association, CAA, is a non-profit federation, founded in 1913, of nine clubs across Canada, providing roadside...