Assist with volumes (full-time hours, South Edmonton, temporary: September 2 – December 31)
The CA School of Business (CASB) provides an innovative, competency-based learning program to approximately 5000 students in Western and Northern Canada who are completing their formal education towards certification as a professional chartered accountant (CA) in Canada. CASB is also presently providing services to CPA Canada for the delivery of the new CPA PEP program in western Canada. CASB delivers these programs through a combination of computerized distance learning and face-to-face modules which prepare students for the national Uniform Evaluation (UFE) or the Common Final Exam (CFE). The school is dedicated to providing excellent service in meeting students’ learning and support needs and to working effectively with stakeholders. More information about the school is available at www.casb.com.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing support to both our Admission Services and Module Services teams. Admissions work focuses on all phases of accurate and timely admission and registration of students into the school including, receiving, reviewing, recording, and approving applications for admission from students. Modules work includes logistical, material production and shipping support to the Module Services team, focusing especially on module workshops, modules evaluations, UFE Prep session, and UFE delivery. The modules role is also responsible for organizing and maintaining an efficient storage, materials production and packing space. The position can be required to assist other CASB staff as the need arises and time permits. Standard work hours are 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
- Review new student registration applications, follow up on any outstanding items with the student or the CATO, and approve registration of the student in the school according to established service standards and board policy.
- Assess student transcripts and prerequisite information in determining general registration status and, when requested to do so by a student, considers the relevance of a student’s outstanding prerequisites.
- Creates and maintains accurate, complete and current electronic and hard copy records regarding student application information and employment, completion of practical experience requirements, and graduation or withdrawal of registration.
- Provides transcripts for current and former students.
- Reviews student application forms for payment of fees, processes annual invoices, penalties and subsequent notices for students, provides quarterly refunds, produces a summary report of fees paid, and ensures amounts balance to the report received from accounting.
- Provide assistance to the Module Services Officers and Team Lead, Module Services in the planning, preparation, and delivery of educational materials and equipment for Evaluation Sessions at multiple locations throughout Western and Northern Canada.
- Assist in planning and maintaining warehouse space for the assembly, production, storage and shipping of educational support materials and equipment for Modules, UFE Prep and UFE. Some heavy lifting is required.
- Carry out the precise and timely printing, assembling, packing, labelling, shipping and couriering of the material and equipment needed for each session.
- Responsible for Evaluation Sessions wrap up by sorting, counting and shredding unused materials, clearing of USB Keys, and maintain filing system of current course materials and written evaluations.
- Secure and properly maintain shipping and receiving equipment.
- Provide assistance with Evaluation Sessions by receiving information, scanning, and performing other tasks as necessary.
- Prepare and update spreadsheets for FFIS and Evaluation Sessions for the Module Services team.
- Maintain working relationships with Canada Post and courier services representatives.
- Work with the Module Services Officers, Team Lead, Module Services, Director, Student Services and other CASB team members to ensure high quality, consistent, and timely services for students.
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and Outlook and accuracy with entering data into databases.
- Experience in shipping and receiving, a print shop or a business office environment (desirable);
- Completion of a high school diploma (minimum).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter. The competition will remain open until suitable candidates are selected. CASB thanks all interested individuals for applying, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The CPA Western School of Business (CPAWSB) delivers the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP) in British Columbia, Alberta,...