C.H. Robinson

C.H. Robinson Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace for sales and logistics experts
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 3, 2012
Pros: people
Cons: stressfull at times.
Great company, great benefits, perks, competitive workforce and excellent training.
Awesome team environment.
Buyer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 14, 2014
Awesome team environment. Management and fellow employees always willing to support each other. High pace environment comparable to the New York Stock Exchange.
Sports
Transportation Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIOctober 13, 2014
Supporting a family business is awesome! Helping beginners experienced ball players find what they are looking for.
Terrible place to work 10 years ago
Data Warehousing Data Architect (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNOctober 9, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management, terrible work environment
When I started working there about a decade ago, the mentality was that technology was something like electricity, an expense that needed to be reduced, that CHR was not a technology company. It really is - it uses complex logistics solutions to route and track shipments. Instead, it was all about the sales and old timers using push pins to map out – more... truck routes.

There are horror stories about the the IPO and all the technology workers not being offered stock, while the sales and business people all became millionaires overnight. Apparently most quit their jobs immediately.

I was hired to be an architect, but found myself doing ETL coding in a high pressure environment. They misrepresented what the position was, and it took me two years to find a way out.

They did not pay for training during my two years there, or even books. One unforgettable day, I came in to work to find all my expensive technology books gone that I had paid for. Some manager decided she would create an IT library using the tech books that the employees had paid for themselves. She did not leave a note explaining what she had done, and my boss had to find out what happened. They were not even nice or apologetic about doing it. Needless to say, I took my books and brought them home.

Another time, I referred a friend for a high level management job. They set him up with a series of interviews, but did not tell him who any of the people were. He called me and asked about these people. Someone overheard me talking to him and I wound up in my manager's office being fired for giving out manager names and titles to a recruiter. Once I explained what I was doing, I was given a very quick apology and not fired. I told my friend what had happened, and he withdrew his application. That was the day I posted my resume and was out of CHR a week later.

The rank and file tech workers were great. The management was the problem. Hopefully ten years later, the old guard is gone and my former coworkers are now managers, but I doubt it.

I have never been in a worse work environment. – less
Productive and Interesting.
Administrative Office Support (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2014
I was handed new projects and reports to do/help out with often.
Excellent Environment
Carrier Sales Representative (Current Employee), Flint, MISeptember 23, 2014
You do work long hours, but it's a great atmosphere. This is a very fast-paced business, and you need to be alert and aware of what's going on, especially with your own loads.
Ok job
Dispatcher/customer service (Former Employee), chicago,ilSeptember 20, 2014
No job stability, i didnt like the job because it wasnt any job security
Great Company
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Laredo, TxSeptember 8, 2014
fortune 500 company top of the chart for 3rd party logistics. Great business to work for. One of the best working environment to work for. Fun, exciting, layback, good pay
Down fall was change of management and caused new employee turnover.
Fast paced logistics
Operations Support Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: at times i get free lunches because what i do for the employess i work with
Cons: i rarely take the hour lunch due to the damand of the daily operations.
I really like C H Robinson besides working for the common goal we relationship building and do fun challenging things every month between the employees. We have continuous training, course work and computer classes.
Great place to begin a career and learn about supply chain and logistics from multiple perspectives.
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), PAULSBORO, NJAugust 29, 2014
I would recommend CHRW for college graduates looking for a career in supply chain.
The commodities broker never sleeps...
Account Manager (Former Employee), Monterey, CAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: high salary, good benefits
Cons: work is almost 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including on-call time.
While employees are well compensated in their positions, the job is unforgiving and relentless. Being continually the "middle man" between sellers and buyers puts the employee constantly at odds with both. In one's off hours, it is expected that problems and issues will be resolved at any time of day or night. The industry is highly competitive and – more... stressful, with time constraints and logistical issues continually being consistently problematic. – less
learned the industry of logistics and transportation.
Operations Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, nvAugust 6, 2014
The company is like any other corporation. Position was outsourced end of story.
high energy environment
Import/Export Agent (Former Employee), Carson, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: not much training
Cons: perfect atmosphere
Everyday was a new day with lots to do. It was a very productive environment and high energy company. My training at that company wasnt up to par but when I was able to get trained they did a good job.
Casual atmosphere but very hectic and frustrating
sales rep (Current Employee), Portland, ORJuly 30, 2014
Pros: casual, good $, decent amount of freedom
Cons: hectic, inefficient, stressful
You can make some good money and the benefits are great (insurance, 401K matching, etc). The day to day job is very stressful, taxing, and frustrating. Many things are out of your control and many problems arise so it's difficult to really focus on getting things done. The people in general are all very nice and fun to work with.
nice envorinment
Clerk (Current Employee), Laredo, TXJuly 30, 2014
To work with an organization where I can continuously learn in the pursuit of achieving functional excellence, thus getting maximum job satisfaction and optimum career growth
Great entry-level place to start work after graduating from college.
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2014
Pros: exposure to sales, good place to start out of school, lots of opportunity to grow
Cons: industry is now diluted with large number of companies that do the same business, unsexy sell, large number of people i deal with are not college educated
I have learned a great deal about the supply chain industry from my work at CH Robinson over the past few years. It has given me an opportunity to oversee and manage accounts within the office, help identify opportunities where potential clients have inefficiencies in their supply-chain model, and present new ideas and solutions to these clients in – more... order to outsource their transportation. – less
Very busy and fast paced
Transportation Sales Representative (Current Employee), USAJuly 16, 2014
Great entry level position but that is about it. Work hours are long. You are on the phone all day and it is very much like a stock market. Get experience here and move on!
Wonderful work place, Creative Culture....LOVED IT
Operations Representative/Trainer (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJuly 8, 2014
Pros: flexible and freedom to be creative
Cons: no operations division in memphis tn
I love CH Robinson, I was a place to learn and grow. Management was very support and your career is driven by your personal goals. LOVED IT....
Solid company
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJuly 7, 2014
Pros: nice facilities
Cons: a lot of turnover
Not the most interesting work in the world, but a solid company to work for.
Great work enviorment and benefits.
Operations Support (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJuly 7, 2014
Pros: insentive program
Cons: no room for advancement
The people here are nice. There is not a lot of room for growing with the company.

1 2 3 4 5

About C.H. Robinson

C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. – Read more