C.H. Robinson

C.H. Robinson Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace for sales and logistics experts
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 3, 2012
Pros: people
Cons: stressfull at times.
Great company, great benefits, perks, competitive workforce and excellent training.
Accounts payable (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNApril 9, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Assisted carriers set up new accounts, payed out accounts. I learned to be patient and handle difficult customers. Sometimes it was difficult because the carriers were upset because they were not getting payed but on our end we had to make sure we had all the documents required to do so.
Pyramid scheme
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 3, 2014
Pros: learn how to not run a company or manage
Cons: everything listed in review
Management sits around making all of the money contributing no value and doing nothing but telling employees they aren't good enough. Also, mgt loves to steal credit of their workers accomplishments telling branch mgr they did something.
Little to no training. No room for advancement as again management is making all of the money doing nothing so no – more... need to leave.
False promises on raises and bonus pay structure with fine print allows money to be pulled at anytime. This keeps the "managers" overpaid. – less
EXCELLENT WORK ENVIRONMENT
Account Manager of Transportation (Former Employee), EL PASO, TXApril 1, 2014
Pros: working environment
Cons: lack of motivation, no bonus, no growth opportunity
Good work environment
Manager/Supervisors can't handle changes in the company
Lack of Motivation
Too much expectations of the company
Great first job out of college
Logistics Account Manager (Current Employee), San Diego,CAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: steady pay
Cons: rising responsibilities constant pay, careless unprofessional attitude, toxic work environment, technological/sop inefficiency, white collar job in a blue collar industry
Lots of emails and communication with client, carriers and team mates.

The role of a buyer is to assess and take on capacity challenges by acquiring the labor for each cargo load

This include the use proprietary software and automation software.

This task requires a great deal of multi tasking, negotiation skills and real time market knowledge applicable – more... to the nature of a brokerage.

Co workers many are friendly and helpful, few are discouraging based on the lack professionalism they show case. This can be in conduct, performance,dress, and general attitude within the work place.

Hardest part of the job is high capacity season when every load counts and the team with in it struggles to connect loads with various modes. As well of pricing constraints.

Most enjoyable part of the job is completing a difficult task and making decisions that help the branch to achieve short and long term goals – less
Management sits around and does nothing
Tracking And Tracing Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 11, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: management
The job is not hard. The only thing that is a problem to deal with every day is the managers. They tend to just gather in the middle of the work center floor and make a bunch of noise talking about their lives while those who are not managers try to hear their callers and work extremely hard to not be fired.
Good place to work for the right kind of person.
LTL Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Plano, TXMarch 5, 2014
Pros: comfortable chairs and good working environment
Cons: very monotonous
CH Robinson is a great company for the right person. The daily routine is very similar from day to day. There is a culture there and music is playing all day.
temp worker
collections (Former Employee), chicago illinoisFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Awful place to work training was a JOKE. So glad i wasn't ask to stay!!!!!!! CH ROBINSON HAS NO CLASS
Productive and Exciting
Supply Chain Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Woodridge, ILFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: culture was fantastic
Cons: compensation and advancement in company
Everyday it was a problem solving day. Many things will happen on a day to day basis when being in a 3PL company. It was the duty to make the distributors and freight line as happy as possible while being as efficient and effective as possible for your branch.
Good work culture, but management did not train well.
Operations Support (Former Employee), Boise, IDFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: fun and enjoyable work
Cons: supervisors abuse their power and exclude you if they dont "like" you
A typical day would include reports, tracking trucks, setting appointments and building loads for trucks to pick up. I learned how the trucking industry works, and how an office environment really operates.

I think management lacks in the training process. I did not think they were prepared to run and operate the team they were hiring. They didnt have – more... a training schedule or any type of program, and most of my training came from asking my co-workers what to do.

The hardest part of the job was the office supervisor. For some reason she did not like me, and made it very know by her interactions. There was a person who quit while I was working there because of the tension caused by the supervisor. The job itself was very fun and fast paced.

The best part of the job was the work environment. Everyone was very friendly. They had a basketball hoop in the office they would throw balls at during the day. The office manager was laid back and let people have fun as long as ALL the work was done for the day. – less
High energy, comfortable, stressful days
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: good experience, business casual
Cons: stress
very business casual experience. Jeans and boots everyday and you can speak comfortably. pay isn't great but you get good experience. can be stressful depending on accounts.
Great place to work if they can retain the culture.
Business Development (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: great culture, autonomy to make decisions
Cons: perhaps getting too big for its' britches, losing their agility and centralizing too many functions that belong in the network
The interesting part of working at CHR for so long is how incredible different every office truly is. The cultures, leadership styles and overall atmosphere of each office is so varied.

My experience at CHR was largely an incredible one that is setting me up for success going forward. My time in the CPDS division is something I'll never forget. I hope – more... to retain those relationships for a very long time.

However, my short tenure at the MiNA office was daily grind with psychological warfare being declared by my immediate manager each day. The MiNA office has proven to struggle retaining talented employees having lost half a dozen or so in the last year. Most of which cite similar reasons to mine - essentially difficulty working with one of the managers. It's regretful but so long as the General Manager of that office permits this other manager to run rough-shot over their employees their turnover problem with persist. I can only hope that leadership team can remove their hands from the sand and recognize the root-cause of what ails them.

So overall, DEFINITELY recommend working at and with CHR. But I would highly recommend staying away from engaging the Minneapolis National Account Center. – less
Great coworkers but no room for advancement
Key Account Manager (Current Employee), Montvale, NJJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: coworkers, autonomy
Cons: no room for advancement
A typical day at work involves servicing customers, resolving problems and lots of multitasking. I learned to work on my own and make decisions but I am also part of a great team of coworkers that are a great support system. The hardest part of the job is having to rely on people outside of the organization to do their jobs correctly in order for my – more... job to be completed to the satisfaction of my customer. The most enjoyable part of the job is my coworkers and the environment they provide. – less
NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), ChicagoJanuary 19, 2014
High energy environment in a dynamic and ever changing industry.
Indexer
Indexer (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAJanuary 17, 2014
It was a pretty simple and enjoyable job! The pay was good and good hours, no weekend shifts unless it was for overtime.
Omg do not work for this company!!
Transportation Rep (Former Employee), Meridian, IDJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: benefits, thats about it
Cons: long work days, horrible pay, no upward advancement, management doesn't want to listen to new ideas or change anything
I worked for Ch Robinson at the Meridian, ID office and it was a huge mistake. The office is split up into two sides that works with the carriers/trucking companies and the one that works with the customers. If you work on the side that books the loads and works with carriers you will hate your job. You do all the work, book all the loads, make all – more... the outbound calls, make all the revenue for the company, track all the loads, deal with all the drivers excuses, the list goes on and on. You are basically the grunt-peon. If you work on the customer side it is night and day different. You get to leave the office to meet with customers for free lunches, you get to travel all over the country going to meetings and seminars, your customers send you cookies, overall much closer to management, and get to blame the carrier reps when things go wrong. At the beginning of 2013 corporate came out with a list of training programs that each person could sign up for across the country but they were only for employees on the customer side. Not a single one on the carrier side. Total slap in the face.

The pay is terrible. It is 32,000 per year and it is definitely not worth it. There really is no raise structure so don't plan on getting a raise anytime soon. The day starts at 730am and usually you leave around 5 or 530 if all your work is done. You are paid salary so management basically gets to work you as many hours as they want. Every year each branch gets a bonus based on what percentage they increased in revenue from the previous year. The manager then gets to split up all the money amongst the office as he sees fit. You don't know how much money the office gets, you don't know how much each person gets. So you could have busted your rear all year but if you aren't one of the bosses favorites you get the big shaft. The favored people and the supervisors get the big chunks of the money. The compensation/bonus structure is completely broken. You can perform really well but if the office as a whole doesn't do well then you don't get anything. They need to reward individual performance rather than office performance.

The opportunity to move up in the company is basically non existent. The Meridian, ID office is very small and you will probably be a grunt for a least 20 years or so before the current supervisors or managers die off or finally get tired of the job. The corporate office is in Minnesota so that is really the only place you can work for the company and expect to go anywhere but who the heck wants to live in Minnesota.

Management at the Meridian, ID office are complete idiots. Their customers can be completely going behind their backs and they just keep kissing the customers rears and don't stick up for themselves. If the idea didn't come from them they don't want to hear about it. Every time I noticed something wrong and told management about it they basically threw it back in my face and argued with me. They are stuck in their own ways and don't want to change anything even if it benefits the company. They listen to every conversation you have and after you hang up they critique the entire thing and micromanage the heck out of you. The phones ring non stop throughout the day and it basically feels like a call center job on a daily basis. Every day is completely stressful and you can cut the tension in the room with a knife. You go home at night feeling like a human punching bag who got pummeled all day long. I could go on and on about this job but I have already written way too much I'm sure. – less
Great office culture
Transportation Broker (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2014
Our office culture is extremely fast paced and goal oriented
Dynamic environment with hands on learning.
Mexico/US Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Laredo, TXJanuary 5, 2014
typical day consists of meeting with my team and make sure we prioritize our tasks. I make sure and touch base with existing customers before following up with prospects and generating new leads. What I've learned is the importance of not only working with a team but trusting each other in order to move forward and execute correctly. Like in all sales – more... positions I think the most complicated part of my job is getting to decision makers. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to close a sales cycle from discover to the actual implementation of an account. – less
Is a company that thinks big and acts fast.
Export Operation Supervisor (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
C.H.Robinson people are in the middle of the action every day, making the connections that keep the economy moving. Our three business units – freight brokerage, expedited transportation and freight forwarding – use relationships with more than 22,000 carriers to serve over 8,500 customers with freight to ship in the manufacturing, industrial, retail, – more... commercial, life sciences and government sectors. – less
Great Atmosphere
Transportation Sales (Current Employee), saint louis, moJanuary 3, 2014
A great company if you are interested in logistics. A leader in supply chain.

1 2 3 4 5

About C.H. Robinson

C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. – Read more

C.H. Robinson Photos