C.H. Robinson

C.H. Robinson Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace for sales and logistics experts
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 3, 2012
Pros: people
Cons: stressfull at times.
Great company, great benefits, perks, competitive workforce and excellent training.
Worst place to work, EVER!
Brokerage (Former Employee), Chicago areaNovember 14, 2014
Pros: none. maybe the benefits.
Cons: everything.
I learned nothing from this place. Co-workers were all part of the mean girls club. Really! People were made managers just because of who they are friends with, not for deserving. Place is run by kids who think they know everything. I will be happy when they find out how the real world really is and they don't always get there way.
Best part of working – more... there? When it was Phoenix International! – less
Good Company, just needs to be the right fit for you.
Buyer (Former Employee), Sartell, MNNovember 13, 2014
Pros: free friday lunch, lots of mid 20's & 30's workers
Cons: lots of phone time
Start in a procurement type role, very sales like. Lots of phone time and warm-calling.

Good environment, decent pay, strong leadership. Just make sure the job is the correct fit for you.
CH Robinson
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 9, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed my coworkers a lot, they were good people who worked hard.
Cons: not one person really felt fulfilled at this company. stuck around simply out of security.
10 hour days with little to no flexibility.
Initial goals were vague and not properly trained to new employees.
Having Fun while making things happen
Buyer / Logistics Broker (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXNovember 3, 2014
A great company to start your carrier with. A fun young cultured work environment, but fast paced and results driven.
Productive place to work. Great Advancement opportunities.
Transportation Logistic Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: lack of diversity
A fast paced company which allows you to be challenged. Great place to learn about the 3PL and logistic field. This is a enjoyable work place the job culture is very open to new ideas and career development.
Fast Paced, Ever Changing
Buyer (Former Employee), Sartell, MNOctober 23, 2014
Every day is different which made the job exciting. You needed to be able to adapt quickly and think on your feet.
nice place to work
Troubleshooter (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2014
Pros: able to come in early
Cons: n/a
enjoyed working there the people were ok. Able to learn new things
Awesome team environment.
Buyer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 14, 2014
Awesome team environment. Management and fellow employees always willing to support each other. High pace environment comparable to the New York Stock Exchange.
Sports
Transportation Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIOctober 13, 2014
Supporting a family business is awesome! Helping beginners experienced ball players find what they are looking for.
Terrible place to work 10 years ago
Data Warehousing Data Architect (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNOctober 9, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management, terrible work environment
When I started working there about a decade ago, the mentality was that technology was something like electricity, an expense that needed to be reduced, that CHR was not a technology company. It really is - it uses complex logistics solutions to route and track shipments. Instead, it was all about the sales and old timers using push pins to map out – more... truck routes.

There are horror stories about the the IPO and all the technology workers not being offered stock, while the sales and business people all became millionaires overnight. Apparently most quit their jobs immediately.

I was hired to be an architect, but found myself doing ETL coding in a high pressure environment. They misrepresented what the position was, and it took me two years to find a way out.

They did not pay for training during my two years there, or even books. One unforgettable day, I came in to work to find all my expensive technology books gone that I had paid for. Some manager decided she would create an IT library using the tech books that the employees had paid for themselves. She did not leave a note explaining what she had done, and my boss had to find out what happened. They were not even nice or apologetic about doing it. Needless to say, I took my books and brought them home.

Another time, I referred a friend for a high level management job. They set him up with a series of interviews, but did not tell him who any of the people were. He called me and asked about these people. Someone overheard me talking to him and I wound up in my manager's office being fired for giving out manager names and titles to a recruiter. Once I explained what I was doing, I was given a very quick apology and not fired. I told my friend what had happened, and he withdrew his application. That was the day I posted my resume and was out of CHR a week later.

The rank and file tech workers were great. The management was the problem. Hopefully ten years later, the old guard is gone and my former coworkers are now managers, but I doubt it.

I have never been in a worse work environment. – less
Productive and Interesting.
Administrative Office Support (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2014
I was handed new projects and reports to do/help out with often.
Excellent Environment
Carrier Sales Representative (Current Employee), Flint, MISeptember 23, 2014
You do work long hours, but it's a great atmosphere. This is a very fast-paced business, and you need to be alert and aware of what's going on, especially with your own loads.
Ok job
Dispatcher/customer service (Former Employee), chicago,ilSeptember 20, 2014
No job stability, i didnt like the job because it wasnt any job security
Great Company
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Laredo, TxSeptember 8, 2014
fortune 500 company top of the chart for 3rd party logistics. Great business to work for. One of the best working environment to work for. Fun, exciting, layback, good pay
Down fall was change of management and caused new employee turnover.
Fast paced logistics
Operations Support Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: at times i get free lunches because what i do for the employess i work with
Cons: i rarely take the hour lunch due to the damand of the daily operations.
I really like C H Robinson besides working for the common goal we relationship building and do fun challenging things every month between the employees. We have continuous training, course work and computer classes.
Great place to begin a career and learn about supply chain and logistics from multiple perspectives.
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), PAULSBORO, NJAugust 29, 2014
I would recommend CHRW for college graduates looking for a career in supply chain.
The commodities broker never sleeps...
Account Manager (Former Employee), Monterey, CAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: high salary, good benefits
Cons: work is almost 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including on-call time.
While employees are well compensated in their positions, the job is unforgiving and relentless. Being continually the "middle man" between sellers and buyers puts the employee constantly at odds with both. In one's off hours, it is expected that problems and issues will be resolved at any time of day or night. The industry is highly competitive and – more... stressful, with time constraints and logistical issues continually being consistently problematic. – less
learned the industry of logistics and transportation.
Operations Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, nvAugust 6, 2014
The company is like any other corporation. Position was outsourced end of story.
high energy environment
Import/Export Agent (Former Employee), Carson, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: not much training
Cons: perfect atmosphere
Everyday was a new day with lots to do. It was a very productive environment and high energy company. My training at that company wasnt up to par but when I was able to get trained they did a good job.

1 2 3 4 5

About C.H. Robinson

C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. – Read more