In this vital position, the successful candidate’s primary function will be to provide project specific support in conjunction with the Projects Manager and General Manager related to day to day operations at 2 of our key clients locations.
As the Operations Coordinator you will help coordinate, schedule and direct Janitorial, Labourer, and Carpentry staff (up to 70) in their daily and projected tasks.You will be required to determine needs and source personnel, equipment and supplies associated with small scale construction projects and maintenance at 2 SAGD sites located approximately 30 minutes south of Fort McMurray.
Previous oilfield experience an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Metis, Cree, Dene, and other First Nations cultures
- Strong knowledge as a user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) including the ability to assist with and troubleshoot IT needs and issues.
- 2 to 5 years construction experience
- Understanding of costing, planning, purchasing and scheduling
- Basic understanding of budgeting, invoicing, billing and general math skills
- Previous supervisory experience, including experience with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, corrective action and termination of employement
- Well-developed communications skills, both written and verbal are essential. Must be able to communicate effectively in a cross cultural environment, and develop and maintain good working relations with our clients, senior management, and employees
- Possess a high degree of confidentiality
- Strong client relationship, organizational & time management skills.
- Possession of Valid Driver’s License and own transportation
Camp accommodations provided.
Salary expectations: Negotiated
Shift Schedule: Negotiated
Apply via the email address provided. No phone calls please.
Start date: As soon as possible
Indeed - 18 months ago