CG Industrial Specialties Ltd. (CGIS) is the global supplier of high performance valves, controls and automation to the Oil Sands, Mining and Mineral Processing industry. With over 30 years of experience in the industry, we represent “best in class” valve manufacturers ensuring reduced maintenance, the lowest cost of ownership and highest reliability.
Valve Assembler- Junior Technician– Edmonton
We currently have a fabulous opportunity in our Edmonton office for a Valve Assembler- Junior Technician. This position reports to Branch Manager. This position is responsible for the assembly and testing of valve/actuator, including valve accessories and assists with other needs in the shop and service area. In addition this individual also provides assistance and support to the shipping/receiving area, operates in and maintains a tidy and functional machine shop and ensures shop procedures are followed.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Valve automation which includes accurate assembly and testing of valves/actuators of different sizes and models
- Working with inside sales on customer RA’s ensuring a timely turnaround
- Producing and maintaining accurate records which includes shop hours, sales orders, invoices and shipping & receiving documents
- Keeping a clean and efficient shop
- Ensuring shop machinery is in good working order.
- Assist shipping and packaging where required – holiday relief
- Participate in inventory counts
- Ensures all safety procedures for shop floor personnel are adhered to
We are looking for an individual with a mechanical aptitude, basic electrical and machining skills with a proven ability to work independently and part of a team. This position requires someone who works from a “right the first time” standard with high attention to detail, strong time management skills and great organizational abilities. Computer proficiency with an emphasis on Microsoft Office software and also superior verbal/written communication skills are essential in this role. The successful candidate must have the ability to lift and manoeuvre heavy equipment and having a valid forklift certification would be an asset.
CG proudly offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including Group RSP matching program, profit sharing, CostPlus program, 3 weeks’ vacation, sunny Fridays, educational subsidies and more.
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity with a vibrant, growing company and your skills and background meet the criteria above, we would love to hear from you! To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume in a one Word document or PDF to the email provided. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.