Mechanical Drafter / Jr. Designer (Surrey)
Bycar Engineering Ltd. is a Mechanical Engineering consulting firm providing services in HVAC, plumbing and fire protection.
We strive to provide our clients with an unrivaled level of service and commitment. We believe this begins with having motivated and engaged employees who share our company vision.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and a dynamic working environment that encourages collaboration and communication.
The primary role of this position is to assist and perform with the detailed design drawings of mechanical systems and to coordinate with our Design team and outside consultants.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and/or design of mechanical building systems, including HVAC, plumbing and fire protection using AutoCAD
- Coordinate the design with outside consultants involved with the project
- Prepare construction documentation for review, pricing and construction
- Communicating with clients, City officials and outside consultants
- Maintain CAD drawings and design documentation
- Certificate / Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or CAD is preferred
- Operational knowledge of Windows and Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Operational knowledge of AutoCAD
- Familiarity or experience with REVIT MEP is an asset
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems is an asset
- Knowledge of the BC building code and regulations such as ASHRAE and ASPE is an asset
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects at the same time
- Ability to work independently with support from Designers and Project Managers
- Must be organized and professional
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your resume in MS word or PDF format.
No recruiters or phone calls please.