Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director of Media Relations is responsible for closely collaborating with BuzzPR's clients in order to identify PR opportunities. Must be able to think strategically and illustrate strengths in planning and executing PR programs. The candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment and prove to be quality driven. The candidate will be required to continuously manage and promote BuzzPR's brand.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
- The Director of Media Relations position requires exceeding client management skills, including the potential to manage and direct client accounts, as well as independently handle client meetings
- The Director of Media Relations must be able to construct creative planning and continuously develop and execute progressive PR program concepts for clients.
- Drafting written materials, including but not limited to proposals, presentations, press kits, releases and pitch letters as well as other PR and client-focused marketing related activities
- Actively engage, cultivate and implement strategic media relations, developing BuzzPR's relationships with targeted external audiences, including media and key influencers to ensure coverage for client programs and other projects
- Research opportunities for positive press coverage and speaking opportunities for clients
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the client(s) and determine appropriate strategies to support them in a timely manner
Desired Skills and Requirements;
- Candidates must have at least 5-7 years of proven and solid PR experience, strong management and exceptional communication skills
- Candidates must have experience working within a growing PR firm with strong expertise in attaining media coverage for clients
- Must have PR experience in a business environment combined with notable knowledge of social media platforms are strongly desired
- Must have access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license
BuzzPR, a boutique public relations firm in Toronto, earns the trust of its clients by out performing the industry standard in media coverage. BuzzPR offers a full range of services to marketing, corporate, government and not-for-profit clients across Canada and abroad. These services include public relations, media coverage, marketing and advertising, social media, brand building and development as well as event management. BuzzPR ensures it applies efforts which properly align with its clients goals and objectives. BuzzPR's team of dedicated professionals bring with them a long list of experience and success. Each with their own area of expertise, the BuzzPR team is able to come together and effortlessly deliver successful results to their clients.
To learn more about BuzzPR, visit www.buzzpr.ca
Indeed - 16 months ago