buy buy BABY

buy buy BABY Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
High energy fun place to work
Front End Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Everyone is very kind
Cons: no benefits and no advancement
Typical work day is high energy, fast pace and having fun with co-workers and management.
I learned how to create registries
Management is strict but fair
My co-workers are fun to work with
Hardest part of job is the labor
Most enjoyable part is the people I work with
Fun place to work at. Friendly co-worker and Managers
Customer Service/ Sales (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Very friendly place to work at.
Cons: mostly part-time
Fun place to work everyone works together for the success of not just our store but the success of the company. They train you in every department in the store. A very nice company to work for.
great customers to work with, alot of politics in chain of command
sales consultant (Former Employee), Redlands, CAJuly 1, 2015
customers are great, managers are great but some promote employees according to sucking up instead of hardworking ones. They are very sneaky when it comes to promoting with out posting a job opening and have instructed leads to be "rats" for them.
Productive, high pace work area
Team Lead (Current Employee), Stroller departmentJune 10, 2015
Pros: Team oriented, fun to work with pregnant women
Cons: communication between manager can get mixed up at times
Always busy. Able to learn a lot from the business. Management is well trained, coworkers are always ready to learn. It can be difficult at times when helping pregnant women, Best part about the job is helping the customers with finding the right items for their baby
Fun employees and wonderful customers!
Special Order Manager (Current Employee), Batavia, ILJune 5, 2015
The customers and co-workers are out of this world. Great environment to work. Must be self-motivated, energetic and able to think on your feet.
cool place to work
Buy Buy Baby (Former Employee), Braintree, MAJune 4, 2015
working at buy buy bay's for a little bit wasn't bad I had fun and learn a couple new things there too. buy buy baby's sell everything you need if you have a new born
A children's retail outlet
Receiving/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Garden City, NYJune 2, 2015
I prefer not to tell about my experience with this company in this format. Company is now part of the Bed, Bath and Beyond family.
good for students
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), new york nyMay 27, 2015
Pros: flexible hours specially for students
Cons: hard to get promoted
Buy Buy Baby are flexible with students schedule. They are willing to work with you as well as you willing to work the hours when needed.
Typical Saturday at BuyBuyBaby
Cashier/Team Lead (Former Employee), Lincoln Park, ILMay 20, 2015
Pros: Adorable Babies
Cons: Days when it's busy, but your CoWorkers are not working as hard as you.
As a worker at BuyBuyBaby, have a strong mental focus before you come into work, especially on the weekends.

There's a calming before the store and every worker must be prepared to make sure customers are attended to, and not ignored. Saturdays require you to have a certain swiftness whilst your working. This is what I had.
Given customer and customer, and since it was a retail store, you're given return after return- you have to be prepared to work in an environment that would definitely be stressful to the average person.
Immature management
floor cashier sales (Former Employee), Amherst, NYMay 11, 2015
Pros: customers co workers
Cons: management Kellie in particular, lazy management, little pay, being a scapegoat
The general manager at the store I worked was the most immature person I've ever known. She walked around speaking to co workers and other managers in a baby voice the entire day. She even used the "baby voice" over the radio, and made weird gestures (would lay her head on her hands like a sleeping child) while speaking with me. One of the most bizarre things I've ever encountered. Every manager except – more... one, was extremely lazy. They would sit in the office all day while employees ran the registry, registers, and dealt with customer complaints. General manager would sit around and gossip about whoever wasn't in the room. She would sit on the phone for hours and then leave early. Plus her use of curse words and flying off the handle showed her lack of management skill and professionalism. She lost a phenomenal manager who grew tired of the childish behavior. Furniture manager never did her job. She would have cashiers building the items she was supposed to herself. Customers complained all the time about the bad craftsmanship and broken furniture, she would always pass the blame to the poor employees.

There is no room for growth there. The general manager promoted someone immature like herself (who used the baby voice with her) over a hard working, dedicated, professional employee who had been there for years and was the most deserving candidate imo. Expect long hours, short breaks, little pay, no appreciation, and expensive health insurance. I quickly found a better job. – less
Fast paced evironment
Store Manager (Current Employee), USAMay 8, 2015
Favorite part of the job is the freedom to merchandise and watch items sell. Opportunity to communicate directly with corporate office for product and processes. Good job security and leader in the market place. Most all of the employees and customers are great. Good training, but also have to think for yourself.
Only part of job that is bad is that in the end it is retail. Customers do not respect your personal hours, even if you are walking out the door. The job is never done and weekends are required.
dont get comfortable
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 23, 2015
Pros: the co workers
Cons: unorganized staff and management miss treating employees.
i was grateful for the job, however management did not appreciate thier employees. and the pay was not worth it.

every thing was always unorganized when it came to some tasks.
Experience in sales for beginners
Sales associate (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCApril 21, 2015
I worked at Buy Buy Baby for the Summer of 2014. The company has a very detailed training program and is a great retail position for those looking for experience in sales. The managers were very organized and each division of the store worked well as a team. Many of the managers as well as the leaders on duty has began as a sales associate and it was clear that there was room for advancement in the – more... company. Some down sides of the company, are although it is a great company to work for and I had a very positive experience there, they had a very high turn over rate. Sometimes we were understaffed and it caused stress on the employees as well as the customers. I hope in the future that Buy Buy Baby is able to gain more dedicated employees. While I was employed, it was a little confusing because they switched management and our training took longer than usual. But all in all I this this company is a good entry level sales position to gain some great experience and potentially grow with the company since they are still expanding and a relatively new company that started back in 1993. – less
Unorganized workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Batavia, ILApril 18, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Cashiering and stocking.
I enjoyed helping customer with their babies needs
Management was ok but went through a few different ones
Daily routines
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Milford, CTApril 14, 2015
My daily routines would be to check tasks that are sent by corporate, over see the sales floor and verify that our receiving department is processing all incoming items correctly. I make sure that all reports are sent out to our district and corporate staff, payroll and scheduling is updated and that the associates are constantly being trained on new products.
Loved working with expctant mothers and making sure everything was ready for baby.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Worth TexasApril 1, 2015
Pros: Lesrning, Building the relationship, and knwoing you did great.
Cons: Not enough stuff.
Came in with a positive attitude and worked to make sure all customers left happy and assisted. I learned that having a baby can be stressful at times but with the right help I could make shopping for baby a great and fun experience. managers always had huddles and were always there to lend a helping hand, and answer any questions. Hardest part of my job was wanting to spend as much time as I could with the customers to build that relationship but unfortunately I couldn't since I wanted to assist all. The most enjoyable part of the job was to know mom dad and baby were all set. specially when moms would hug you and tell you how much you helped and would come back to show baby.
Fun place to work
customer service, problem solving (Former Employee), Hurst,TxMarch 31, 2015
I enjoyed working there.. My managers and co workers were very easy to get along with.I never had retail experience and was lucky to work for a great company that was willing to train me. I learned a lot and I believe working there made makes me a great person to work at any company.
Fun workplace
Salesman (Former Employee), Independence, MOMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Happy work place
Cons: Was a long drive from my house.
Great place to work. I learned so much about all the baby products, such as bottles all the different types and differences in them, the different brands of car seats and strollers, binkies, clothing, cribs, etc. I was able to meet new or becoming mothers and I was able to teach them all I know about the merchandise, and for them to tell me I helped them in so many ways really made me happy at the end of the day. The staff was fantastic and the work environment was amazing.
meeting great people
Sales/Customer service associate (Current Employee), njMarch 20, 2015
Pros: working in baby regisrty
Cons: management no benefits for part time hard to advance
fun place to work, getting to do registry walks helping expectant parents register for baby items. BBB offers the best customer service, awesome coworkers management is awful, all about favoritism, hours up and down despite their company policy its very hard to advance,
Fun Work place
Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee), PortchesterMarch 18, 2015
Enjoyed working with couples the needed knowledge on being parents for the first time. Helping with telling them what is good for their new baby and adjusting our products into their lifestyle. Great co-workers it was always a total team effort.

1 2 3 4 5

About buy buy BABY

Think like a shopper and act like an owner! Grow as we grow! There are no limits to a career with buybuyBABY, a Part of the – Read more