buy buy BABY

buy buy BABY Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Customer Service Oriented Overall
Retail-Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Making sure they are satisfied in every way
Cons: no benefits, not enough hours to survive for daily living
Buy Buy Baby is baby store that satisfies pregnant women in anyway rather if they are new parents or a second time mother. This store makes you feel welcome .and we never tell you NO we will find a way
No Comment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSAugust 18, 2015
It was great working with the new mom's creating and designing there nursery's for them to bring there new addition into.
what you learned
cashier (Current Employee), springfield vaAugust 18, 2015
Pros: good people, good hours
Cons: management could be better trained!
co- workers are great, job is not really bad . Just no advancement and raging poor management!!! they delegate work needs to those who they don't like while letting the other's do what they want. they have no real concerns for employee needs !
pretentious
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), jacksonville flAugust 18, 2015
i didnt really enjoy my management team. i felt as though they picked favorites. there was a lot of fraternization going on, it was uncomfortable. the good thing was being able to help expectant parents though.
Friendly workplace that requires hardwork
Sales Representative, Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), ScarsdaleAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Fun environment, commraderie, ability to advance
Cons: Very busy daily, a lot of information to learn
The company requires a lot of hard work but all of it is within reason. A typical day has angry customers, even angrier children, long lines, and tough questions. However, the customers search for good advice and great customer service which is what we are trained to do. We are trained to never say no and I love that aspect of the company. Offering exceptional customer service is how I was able to advance in such a short period of time. If you are willing to learn and have great time management, the work load is not difficult.
productive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2015
Its an ok place to work. I Learned a lot about babies. Decent amount of politics but thats expected with a big company. Hardest part about the job is learning about each individual product and helping each customer find the correct to fit them.
High energy fun place to work
Front End Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Everyone is very kind
Cons: no benefits and no advancement
Typical work day is high energy, fast pace and having fun with co-workers and management.
I learned how to create registries
Management is strict but fair
My co-workers are fun to work with
Hardest part of job is the labor
Most enjoyable part is the people I work with
Fun place to work at. Friendly co-worker and Managers
Customer Service/ Sales (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Very friendly place to work at.
Cons: mostly part-time
Fun place to work everyone works together for the success of not just our store but the success of the company. They train you in every department in the store. A very nice company to work for.
great customers to work with, alot of politics in chain of command
sales consultant (Former Employee), Redlands, CAJuly 1, 2015
customers are great, managers are great but some promote employees according to sucking up instead of hardworking ones. They are very sneaky when it comes to promoting with out posting a job opening and have instructed leads to be "rats" for them.
Productive, high pace work area
Team Lead (Current Employee), Stroller departmentJune 10, 2015
Pros: Team oriented, fun to work with pregnant women
Cons: communication between manager can get mixed up at times
Always busy. Able to learn a lot from the business. Management is well trained, coworkers are always ready to learn. It can be difficult at times when helping pregnant women, Best part about the job is helping the customers with finding the right items for their baby
Fun employees and wonderful customers!
Special Order Manager (Current Employee), Batavia, ILJune 5, 2015
The customers and co-workers are out of this world. Great environment to work. Must be self-motivated, energetic and able to think on your feet.
cool place to work
Buy Buy Baby (Former Employee), Braintree, MAJune 4, 2015
working at buy buy bay's for a little bit wasn't bad I had fun and learn a couple new things there too. buy buy baby's sell everything you need if you have a new born
A children's retail outlet
Receiving/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Garden City, NYJune 2, 2015
I prefer not to tell about my experience with this company in this format. Company is now part of the Bed, Bath and Beyond family.
good for students
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), new york nyMay 27, 2015
Pros: flexible hours specially for students
Cons: hard to get promoted
Buy Buy Baby are flexible with students schedule. They are willing to work with you as well as you willing to work the hours when needed.
Typical Saturday at BuyBuyBaby
Cashier/Team Lead (Former Employee), Lincoln Park, ILMay 20, 2015
Pros: Adorable Babies
Cons: Days when it's busy, but your CoWorkers are not working as hard as you.
As a worker at BuyBuyBaby, have a strong mental focus before you come into work, especially on the weekends.

There's a calming before the store and every worker must be prepared to make sure customers are attended to, and not ignored. Saturdays require you to have a certain swiftness whilst your working. This is what I had.
Given customer and customer, and since it was a retail store, you're given return after return- you have to be prepared to work in an environment that would definitely be stressful to the average person.
Immature management
floor cashier sales (Former Employee), Amherst, NYMay 11, 2015
Pros: customers co workers
Cons: management Kellie in particular, lazy management, little pay, being a scapegoat
The general manager at the store I worked was the most immature person I've ever known. She walked around speaking to co workers and other managers in a baby voice the entire day. She even used the "baby voice" over the radio, and made weird gestures (would lay her head on her hands like a sleeping child) while speaking with me. One of the most bizarre things I've ever encountered. Every manager except – more... one, was extremely lazy. They would sit in the office all day while employees ran the registry, registers, and dealt with customer complaints. General manager would sit around and gossip about whoever wasn't in the room. She would sit on the phone for hours and then leave early. Plus her use of curse words and flying off the handle showed her lack of management skill and professionalism. She lost a phenomenal manager who grew tired of the childish behavior. Furniture manager never did her job. She would have cashiers building the items she was supposed to herself. Customers complained all the time about the bad craftsmanship and broken furniture, she would always pass the blame to the poor employees.

There is no room for growth there. The general manager promoted someone immature like herself (who used the baby voice with her) over a hard working, dedicated, professional employee who had been there for years and was the most deserving candidate imo. Expect long hours, short breaks, little pay, no appreciation, and expensive health insurance. I quickly found a better job. – less
Fast paced evironment
Store Manager (Current Employee), USAMay 8, 2015
Favorite part of the job is the freedom to merchandise and watch items sell. Opportunity to communicate directly with corporate office for product and processes. Good job security and leader in the market place. Most all of the employees and customers are great. Good training, but also have to think for yourself.
Only part of job that is bad is that in the end it is retail. Customers do not respect your personal hours, even if you are walking out the door. The job is never done and weekends are required.
dont get comfortable
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 23, 2015
Pros: the co workers
Cons: unorganized staff and management miss treating employees.
i was grateful for the job, however management did not appreciate thier employees. and the pay was not worth it.

every thing was always unorganized when it came to some tasks.
Experience in sales for beginners
Sales associate (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCApril 21, 2015
I worked at Buy Buy Baby for the Summer of 2014. The company has a very detailed training program and is a great retail position for those looking for experience in sales. The managers were very organized and each division of the store worked well as a team. Many of the managers as well as the leaders on duty has began as a sales associate and it was clear that there was room for advancement in the – more... company. Some down sides of the company, are although it is a great company to work for and I had a very positive experience there, they had a very high turn over rate. Sometimes we were understaffed and it caused stress on the employees as well as the customers. I hope in the future that Buy Buy Baby is able to gain more dedicated employees. While I was employed, it was a little confusing because they switched management and our training took longer than usual. But all in all I this this company is a good entry level sales position to gain some great experience and potentially grow with the company since they are still expanding and a relatively new company that started back in 1993. – less
Unorganized workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Batavia, ILApril 18, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Cashiering and stocking.
I enjoyed helping customer with their babies needs
Management was ok but went through a few different ones

1 2 3 4 5

About buy buy BABY

Think like a shopper and act like an owner! Grow as we grow! There are no limits to a career with buybuyBABY, a Part of the – Read more