buy buy BABY

buy buy BABY Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Typical Saturday at BuyBuyBaby
Cashier/Team Lead (Former Employee), Lincoln Park, ILMay 20, 2015
Pros: Adorable Babies
Cons: Days when it's busy, but your CoWorkers are not working as hard as you.
As a worker at BuyBuyBaby, have a strong mental focus before you come into work, especially on the weekends.

There's a calming before the store and every worker must be prepared to make sure customers are attended to, and not ignored. Saturdays require you to have a certain swiftness whilst your working. This is what I had.
Given customer and customer, and since it was a retail store, you're given return after return- you have to be prepared to work in an environment that would definitely be stressful to the average person.
Immature management
floor cashier sales (Former Employee), Amherst, NYMay 11, 2015
Pros: customers co workers
Cons: management Kellie in particular, lazy management, little pay, being a scapegoat
The general manager at the store I worked was the most immature person I've ever known. She walked around speaking to co workers and other managers in a baby voice the entire day. She even used the "baby voice" over the radio, and made weird gestures (would lay her head on her hands like a sleeping child) while speaking with me. One of the most bizarre things I've ever encountered. Every manager except one, was extremely lazy. They would sit in the office all day while employees ran the registry, registers, and dealt with customer complaints. General manager would sit around and gossip about whoever wasn't in the room. She would sit on the phone for hours and then leave early. Plus her use of curse words and flying off the handle showed her lack of management skill and professionalism. She lost a phenomenal manager who grew tired of the childish behavior. Furniture manager never did her job. She would have cashiers building the items she was supposed to herself. Customers complained all the time about the bad craftsmanship and broken furniture, she would always pass the blame to the poor employees.

There is no room for growth there. The general manager promoted someone immature like herself (who used the baby voice with her) over a hard working, dedicated, professional employee who had been there for years and was the most deserving candidate imo. Expect long hours, short breaks, little pay, no appreciation, and expensive health insurance. I quickly found a better job.
Fast paced evironment
Store Manager (Current Employee), USAMay 8, 2015
Favorite part of the job is the freedom to merchandise and watch items sell. Opportunity to communicate directly with corporate office for product and processes. Good job security and leader in the market place. Most all of the employees and customers are great. Good training, but also have to think for yourself.
Only part of job that is bad is that in the end it is retail. Customers do not respect your personal hours, even if you are walking out the door. The job is never done and weekends are required.
dont get comfortable
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 23, 2015
Pros: the co workers
Cons: unorganized staff and management miss treating employees.
i was grateful for the job, however management did not appreciate thier employees. and the pay was not worth it.

every thing was always unorganized when it came to some tasks.
Experience in sales for beginners
Sales associate (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCApril 21, 2015
I worked at Buy Buy Baby for the Summer of 2014. The company has a very detailed training program and is a great retail position for those looking for experience in sales. The managers were very organized and each division of the store worked well as a team. Many of the managers as well as the leaders on duty has began as a sales associate and it was clear that there was room for advancement in the company. Some down sides of the company, are although it is a great company to work for and I had a very positive experience there, they had a very high turn over rate. Sometimes we were understaffed and it caused stress on the employees as well as the customers. I hope in the future that Buy Buy Baby is able to gain more dedicated employees. While I was employed, it was a little confusing because they switched management and our training took longer than usual. But all in all I this this company is a good entry level sales position to gain some great experience and potentially grow with the company since they are still expanding and a relatively new company that started back in 1993.
Unorganized workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Batavia, ILApril 18, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Cashiering and stocking.
I enjoyed helping customer with their babies needs
Management was ok but went through a few different ones
Daily routines
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Milford, CTApril 14, 2015
My daily routines would be to check tasks that are sent by corporate, over see the sales floor and verify that our receiving department is processing all incoming items correctly. I make sure that all reports are sent out to our district and corporate staff, payroll and scheduling is updated and that the associates are constantly being trained on new products.
Loved working with expctant mothers and making sure everything was ready for baby.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Worth TexasApril 1, 2015
Pros: Lesrning, Building the relationship, and knwoing you did great.
Cons: Not enough stuff.
Came in with a positive attitude and worked to make sure all customers left happy and assisted. I learned that having a baby can be stressful at times but with the right help I could make shopping for baby a great and fun experience. managers always had huddles and were always there to lend a helping hand, and answer any questions. Hardest part of my job was wanting to spend as much time as I could with the customers to build that relationship but unfortunately I couldn't since I wanted to assist all. The most enjoyable part of the job was to know mom dad and baby were all set. specially when moms would hug you and tell you how much you helped and would come back to show baby.
Fun place to work
customer service, problem solving (Former Employee), Hurst,TxMarch 31, 2015
I enjoyed working there.. My managers and co workers were very easy to get along with.I never had retail experience and was lucky to work for a great company that was willing to train me. I learned a lot and I believe working there made makes me a great person to work at any company.
Fun workplace
Salesman (Former Employee), Independence, MOMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Happy work place
Cons: Was a long drive from my house.
Great place to work. I learned so much about all the baby products, such as bottles all the different types and differences in them, the different brands of car seats and strollers, binkies, clothing, cribs, etc. I was able to meet new or becoming mothers and I was able to teach them all I know about the merchandise, and for them to tell me I helped them in so many ways really made me happy at the end of the day. The staff was fantastic and the work environment was amazing.
meeting great people
Sales/Customer service associate (Current Employee), njMarch 20, 2015
Pros: working in baby regisrty
Cons: management no benefits for part time hard to advance
fun place to work, getting to do registry walks helping expectant parents register for baby items. BBB offers the best customer service, awesome coworkers management is awful, all about favoritism, hours up and down despite their company policy its very hard to advance,
Fun Work place
Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee), PortchesterMarch 18, 2015
Enjoyed working with couples the needed knowledge on being parents for the first time. Helping with telling them what is good for their new baby and adjusting our products into their lifestyle. Great co-workers it was always a total team effort.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate in the Furniture Department (Current Employee), Mason, OHMarch 13, 2015
Work responsibilities:
• Greeting customers and assisting them to find and select products
• Providing customers with information about products, discounts and terms of sale
• Selling furniture, including both providing options and closing the sale
• Managing details of furniture orders and customer information in electronic systems
• Assisting customers with online and over the phone orders
• Managing furniture deliveries and customer pick-up orders
• Creating marketing signs for products
• Keeping the department clean and organized
• Stocking product
• Supporting other departments including storefront cash register check out
Fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Deptford, NJMarch 8, 2015
This was my favorite place to work, i loved my co workers the management and customers were great as well. The stores culture is so different and not in a bad way. I loved helping and getting to know the customers by first name basis.
Buy Buy Buy
Senior Merchandising Manager - Furniture (Current Employee), Princeton, NJMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great culture
Cons: no work/life balence
A fun company with a great culture. A sister to Bed bath an established concept . A few bad eggs are spoiling the batch. The District support is not supportive , and they have a bullying mentality.
Great part time job.
Furniture Sales Associate (Former Employee), GeorgiaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: mature co-workers, hours
Cons: working with emotional pregnant women
OK job. A good job to have while in school but nothing to make a living off of. You learn a lot of the need the materials you need when having a baby.
Very nice place to work, people are great and very friendly.
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Newark, DEFebruary 15, 2015
I love working for Buy Buy Baby. It is a very nice company to work for. All employees are very kind and always willing to help
Top Notch Work Place
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Best job yet. I would highly recommend working here to anyone. I was hired being pregnant and I loved that about this place.
Good retail position
CSR, Front End Lead, and Special Orders Associate (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: always busy, days go by quickly and enjoyably
Cons: long hours, weekend and evening shifts required
Company was good to work for. Typical retail position centered around providing excellent customer service and following company procedures.
fun place good people
Department Manager (strollers) (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 4, 2015
great place worked there for 2 years now parties every month and every holiday great employee discounts very flexible with time

1 2 3 4 5

About buy buy BABY

Think like a shopper and act like an owner! Grow as we grow! There are no limits to a career with buybuyBABY, a Part of the – Read more