buy buy BABY

buy buy BABY Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place
Regional Fulfillment (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 9, 2016
Its a fun fast pace job with a lot to learn. In the past three years I've learned to handle several jobs t the same time along with dealing with the work load.
Productivity and life long lessons.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Easy job
Cons: Management
A typical day at work for me would have to be coming in contact with all the mothers who were expecting their first child and very nervous about it. There is nothing more beautiful than really getting to know your customer's and their "before" and "after" reactions. Knowing their experience while pregnant and their experience after having the baby is amazing.
What I learned: I'd have to say I learned a lot of things. I think I can sit here all day explaining to you what that is, but I won't. The one thing I learned was how to assemble a baby's crib.
Management was okay. They could have done better, and treated us fairly but that is why Buy Buy Baby in Downers Grove, IL has a whole new management team.
My co-workers were great to work with. They were understanding, helpful and all did their jobs correctly. That was most important I think, because when working with someone who does their job accurately, it makes things go quicker and smoothly. Rather than you doing your job, and some other employee doesn't do theirs. It tends to ruin the flow of things.
The hardest part of the job, I would have to say nothing. Nothing is hard to do once you are taught well.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all the newborns and feeling proud of myself for being able to help a customer out as best as I can.
Sharks in the water
Associate (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Fast paced
Cons: Cliquey, inconsistent standards, vindictive managers.
I was hired on to be part of the opening crew in the Aurora store. We were told it was temporary with option to hire PT when the store opened. I should have seen the warning signs when the orientation when an hour over schedule. The store did not start receiving its stock until a day after it was sceduled to so management immediately started pushing us to make up for it from the first day. The first day was a complete joke. They had no idea where half the people were, so workgroups were expected to do more, faster with less. Prior to my time with buy buy Baby I had worked in a children's retail store and in a busy airport where I observed a lot of the products we were processing first hand, which nobody else in my group had. To pass the time I would share my observations of the products and what I liked about them after using them myself on my child. This was a no-no. The lead assigned to our group immediately got an attitude and became belligerent. We were instructed to practice our greeting with the staff members when they would walk by, which after having the same staff member walk by our table literally every couple minutes, became tiresome and distracting for some of the people at the table which effected their attention to detail. It became obvious to me that the amount of time you spent greeting and making small talk with the staff was the only thing they cared about, and those that didn't do it every single time because they were trying to process the never ending line of pallets, were punished with another day on the pallets while the others got to spend time in other – more... departments. Needless to say I became very good at receiving and processing freight, averaging 8-10 pallets a day myself. I received constant complements from the department leads they assigned to handle the receiving tables, and was told I was their best worker and they would definitely be recommending me to be kept on. I kept up the intensity while many of my coworkers settled into cliques and shirked their responsibilities. At one point during the processing we had a large shipment of strictly clothes. While we were working to get them ready for the floor, the store manager took the opportunity to give her opinions on two brand in particular. One she raved about because it was organic and pricy, the other she repeatedly called cheap and tacky. I have purchased both brands and made the observation to my workgroup that the pricier brand was actually not very good quality, and the cheaper brand (which actually isn't cheap from a price standpoint) was great quality that held up really well. I also noted you can't really make comments like those made by the manager because that reflects your attitude about those who buy the product and you can't look down on the people who are buying your product. Obviously this didn't go over well with the management team and I steadily noticed more and more of the receiving crew being pulled for other assignments, while we were hounded about processing more quickly. I enjoyed processing the merchandise and was very good at it, so I didn't mind being continuously assigned to receiving until the day before the soft opening of the store. I was continuously assured by the 2 leads they had assigned to my steadily smaller group, that I was getting picked up and sometime during this shift I would be getting my official uniform. Somewhere around pallet 14 I was pulled aside by the manager in front of my work group and taken to the office and dismissed from the job without explanation of why I was not suitable. I was working both a full time job elsewhere and the required full time schedule to get the store stocked at buy buy Baby and outperforming my counterparts by leaps and bounds. Needless to say I did not appreciate not being picked up as an associate, especially after being assured by several of the leads that I would be, and after seeing those that were kept on, feel that hardwork was not the quality they were looking for. Maybe a store without predominately female management would be a better fit or prove to be more satisfactory, but this particular location was just too catty and rewarded those who feel inline with that. – less
Home felt job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: Great staff, Great Management
Cons: Advancement
I love working here. Everyone is like one big family, we all are on the same page of how to treat our customers. All of our customers love us and we make them feel loved with great Customer Service.
A wonderful working environment.
Customer Service Trainer (Current Employee), Temecula, CAJanuary 21, 2016
Management is Great, they are professional and follow through with what they need to do. They keep you motivated and you help if needed. The Team is always willing to help each other to accomplish the tasks, which in all creates an amazing customer experience. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help customers and people who are starting a new journey in life by becoming a parent, aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa, ect.
Great Team and management
Registry Lead (Former Employee), Encinitas, CAJanuary 13, 2016
I enjoyed working here because of the team and managers. Everyone is so friendly and helpful and you really feel like you're part of a family.
Average
sales associate / strollers (Current Employee), Garden City, NYJanuary 13, 2016
Working at this job helps prepare you with the utilities of parenthood. The knowledge that you gain about things that you would've never thought of buying/needing for a baby is definitely helpful. But patience is key to dealing with management and customers.
fun work place, fun employees.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: lunch breaks, overtime pay.
Cons: no health benefits.
I loved working at Buy Buy Baby, such a fun environment to be around with helping mothers-to-be on their registry and helping them find the right items for their babies. On a daily basis i would replenish items that need to be stocked up on, unload loads in receiving. Inventory on everything in the store was to be done yearly. Co-Workers were fun to be around and made the work place even better.
happy and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: friendly workers
Cons: short break, stand all day
happy and fun place to work good coworkers who get along well with each other. clean and or organize help each other with any problem
Cute little store with a nice atmosphere
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 5, 2016
An average day was spent helping expectant parents and those shopping for showers find what they needed. The store is always clean and a nice place to come to work. Because I am not a mother, I learned of the many things expectant families would need for their babies. The job did allow for one to train in different areas and switch positions. The hardest part of the job was giving the perfect advice when so many women will have different birth and home experiences. The most enjoyable part about the job was helping customers get the items off their registries quickly so they could be in an out. In addition, it was nice to see an old customer come back again to shop when her after her child is born. Management was on top of customer service. Most of the managers were friendly,
a summary of a regular day at work
stroller department team leader (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: 30 mins break, comfortable and confident to work
Cons: some disagreements between employees
the most enjoyable part of my job is assisting all my customers and giving them the best experience that they will have in a retail store, the best thing that i learn in my company is the passion that every single employee has every day to work our management in that store is one of the best one including me, we know how to manage our employees and giving them the right amount of task that they can fulfill before the shift ends
for first time job
Department Leader (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJDecember 31, 2015
always changing management team.
all regular hourly employees work as a good team, but the management can not be a team themselves, it made employees very difficult to finish projects.
Good work enviornment.
Floor Salesman (Former Employee), Amherst, NYDecember 23, 2015
The work atmosphere was steady and the co-workers were often helpful. While employed i gained great communication and organization skills.
Sink or swim
Gear Lead (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 22, 2015
Pros: Easy
Cons: Babysitting adults
This particular branch was quite frustrating to work for as they provided very little training and encouragement to their employees. I believe the company as a whole to be wonderful.
got to meet a lot of people
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Whitehall Township, PADecember 10, 2015
As a delivery driver, I got to meet a lot of people who were about to welcome new additions to their families into the world. Being able to set up the furniture for people's nurseries was a great feeling. The only part of the job I disliked was the driving.
Work with wonderful people - we are a team and a family. Always have to be on your toes, greet every customer.
Associate (Current Employee), Nashua, NHDecember 8, 2015
buybuy Baby is an enjoyable place to work. Management is nice as well as co-workers. we become a family. Hardest part - not always enough associates on at busy times. Pay ok, but not alot of room for advancement or full time.
Productive work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 24, 2015
Pros: discount on lunches.
Cons: short breaks
I would assist with packaging food and preparing it, also do cashier.
Co workers were always helpful and friendly. The enjoyable part was being able to keep customers happy with their food.
Not what I expected
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pleasant Hill, CANovember 3, 2015
Pros: Employee discount, wage, nice break room
Cons: Short breaks, disorganized, outdated computer system, lack of communication, short handed
From the interview through training I had the impression this place was organized and that I would have an ideal workplace but after basic training, I was finally assigned a department to work in but I had no training so no idea really what I needed to do and instead of the department lead training me which they always schedule me right after the department lead is already gone for the day so I had to rely on bugging managers and coworkers to get some type of direction but still not really fully trained and the department is too big to have one person assigned to it but yet I'm alone no help and I have a lot of work that needs two or more people to do otherwise it's dangerous for me to do alone but I'm expected to do it anyways. Also closing is so disorganized and not all but a few people hardly do any cleaning or actual work during closing. I went from eager and excited to dread my shift knowing what lies ahead. To me it seems unprofessional to not fully train employees and to stick people in a place with no help but the smaller departments have more than at least two people assigned. Doesn't Make sense and I wouldn't recommend anyone to apply here sad but true. No job is perfect but this is just not right
Hardworking, fast-paced and fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILNovember 2, 2015
This job was a very fun and fast paced job, where everyday was a challenge and an opportunity to learn something new not only with the company but with myself as well, while being pushed to my full potential every single day.
These people pull rules out of their hats as if they're bored, because most rules hold no value, management doesn't practice what they preach!
Associate (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Discount, lots of info on the website and jda
Cons: No 15min even if you work a 6 hr shift, you get schedule 15 mins before your availability
So when I first started working here I thought it was the best thing ever, well structured, everyone had clearly defined roles, and "training" was a big component of their strategy. A few days in many associates told me how shady the store manager was, how she doesn't accommodate people's availability or rto and how the only people who get any recognition were the "leads". I didn't believe it because she was all kind and passionate about her work. Then it all unfolded. The morning starts out with a huddle where everyone acts fake and pretends everything is all well. We go over important stuff, but mostly what associates are doing wrong and what managers are doing right to increases sales and deter theft. any round of applause or thank you goes to the leads, her three minions. She then ends with the question, "is there any feedback". my favorite. Being new I didn't know that that was a booby trap, soon after I found out that no one gives feedback because when they do they are reprimanded for it. All of the associates are extremely knowledgeable and insanely polite to customers yet there's always a negative remark about something being done incorrectly, ALWAYS, DAILY so many rules SAFETY, CLOSE THE LATTER BEFORE YOU WALK AWAY, STOP TALKING TO CUSTOMERS IMMEDIATELY WHEN CALLED TO REGISTER, CALL OUT ON YOUR WALKY "OMW" WHEN CALLED TO REGISTER, DO NOT WRITE NOTES ON THE COUPON REGISTER FORMS THOSE COST .20/unit, crazy! No managers follow any of these! Also, these leads and their manager are constantly racially profiling both customers and employees. Anyone who doesn't look, behave, – more... speak, dress suburban gets followed, and scrutinized, don't forget the code in this predominantly white store for possible theft is "gloria lopez." This lady is crazy, I couldn't last another day GOOD LUCK! O and no tattos, facial piercings, or colored hair, no individuality, and on holidays no holiday spirit because IT'S UNSAFE said the crazy lady! – less
Headquarters