Buy-Low Foods Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 January 2018
It's a great place to work! A lot to learn and help to polish your communication and time management skills. Get enough training to work efficiently. Friendly atmosphere
Good company to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2017
i have not been an employee at buy-low for a few years now, but while i was an employee i had a wonderful experience. fun work environment, flexible hours and great management.
Bakery
BAKERY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, BC26 November 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company because the environment was pleasant and friendly. The people were easy to get along with, easy to talk to and very welcoming. Shifts were always filled with hard work and lots of laugh and good memories.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, flexible shifts
Cons
Expensive prices
So so
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC2 November 2017
We had to wear black pants and shoes. As a deli worker, you'd constantly be working with bleach and other products that ruined your shoes and pants. That became a problem. Unsanitary in reality even when expectations are met.
Pros
average pay, constant hours
Cons
unfriendly and dirty
Deli
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alberta9 July 2017
It was a good company to work for. With fair management and easy hours No complaints about it . Would work there again, and would recommend to others.
productive and fun work place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 March 2017
productive and fun work place
very helpful staff,
friendly and approachable with help and advice always available.
easy access to location and easy parking
Very poor management
Part Time, On Call (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 February 2017
As a produce stock person and receiver, I could barely hold the job there due to unstable and messed around security for jobs. But I did learn to work with food and other perishable items.
Cons
Friendly, fun workplace with nice people.
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 January 2017
Working at Buy-Low is fun. It is very fast-paced and requires a lot of speed which helps time go by fast. I learned how to be more open and engaging towards people and to be more socialized and extroverted. The management is good. Not too hard on the workers. Hardest part of the job was trying to please angry customers. Best part of the job is meeting new people in a lively environment.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
low salary
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC24 October 2016
The environment was well organized and all the workers were friendly. It provided good hours and treated everyone with respect. I learned to develop my social skills. Most enjoyable was getting to know the other co-workers. Time management was not difficult because I am involved with sports and throughout my years I have gotten better and better.
Pros
safe environment
Buy-Low Family
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lillooet, BC29 July 2016
Working at Buy-Low I was happy to be a part of the Buy-Low family.I had a great team of management and staff. I have learned most of my management skills while working there.
The most enjoyable part of my job was my Buy-Low family and seeing the customers everyday
Productive and Friendly Environment to learn about Customer Service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC6 June 2016
Working at Buy-low Foods provided me with a lot of customer service experience, mainly because I was in high school at the time the only shift i could work during the week was at 3:45 to closing. Which meant that i stayed at the customer service till with the Lottery and Cigarettes; often doing customer refunds and collecting the customers recyclables. My co-workers varied in age, but we were mainly students and management understood that we needed some weekends off so we'd monthly get one weekend off, especially after working a stat-holiday or many hours the week before. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with the community, since it was a small and everyone was a regular.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Couldn't get Sundays off
Horrible working hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oliver, BC1 June 2016
A typical day was going into the office to count a till to make sure that it had the correct amount of cash in it, or if it was missing any bills. Once finished, I found an open cash register to use. Anytime I was not tending to a customer I was facing shelves or making sure my area was clean and tidy. It was good except I would get put onto a shift without telling me, on what was supposed to be my day off.
Pros
Know all the deals for food going on in store.
Cons
Not long enough hours
Buy Low Foods
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langdon, AB31 May 2016
A typical day at work included signing in to a register and during the day running groceries through the till. I was also available to help stock and face shelves. Through this job my customer service experience increased. Through my year at Buy Low Foods the management were polite and good leaders. My co-workers were good to work with. The hardest part of the job would be having to deal with unhappy customers but in any bad situation that I couldn't handle myself I would ask for help. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment and the people I worked with.
Pros
Friendly sociable environment
Cons
several changes in management
Amazing workplace.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oliver, BC18 May 2016
The management at Buy Low Foods cares about their staff to the highest degree. They are all friendly and treat definitely make it a point to make everyone (staff & customers) feel comfortable, happy, and at home.
Awesome starting point in anyone's career
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 March 2016
The Buy Low Foods store that i work at on Fraser St is a small store and it's a very community oriented and a typical day at work consists of working with cash and packing people's groceries for them, and when it's not busy housekeeping is a regular part of my duties. Management at buy low foods is very good and all the supervisors and managers are all really friendly and go out of their way to help you if you have any concerns. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with disagreeable customers but the most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the customers.
I just did this
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC11 September 2015
My review stands the same as the last one I did for buylow. Nothing has changed about it. It was still a great job to work at. The day was the same as before and im trying to click the next button because ive already filled one out for buylow foods.
It is a heinous company to work for whose management does not have any regard for its employees.
Backup Produce Manager/Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 July 2015
I worked at Buy Low Foods for over a year and the only lesson that I learned was the kind of company I would never want to work for ever again in my life.
Great coworkers with flexible hours
Grocery & Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 May 2015
Work at buy low foods is quite easy and the workers there are very friendly which makes it a good work experience. The work does become quite repetitive over time. But its nothing too strenuous. A typical day at work consists of stocking the shelves and helping customers locate certain products. I have also worked in the meat department and the produce department as well. I have experience in wrapping meat and cutting and prepping vegetables also. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with good coworkers. It makes the job a lot better at the end of the day
Pros
good coworkers, flexible hours
Cons
not the best paid job, repetitive work
amazing experience
safe work place
friendly environment
Appreciations for good work
participation in charity
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no discounts for staff
Great First Job
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC18 November 2014
Great First job, coworkers are some of the nicest people i know, learn new things everyday, customers are nice. A typical day is stocking shelves, helping cashiers, customer service
Pros
great staff, good hours, flexible schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buy-Low Foods. Our community is ready to answer.