Buy-Low Foods Employee Reviews in Canada

Awesome starting point in anyone's career
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 20, 2016
The Buy Low Foods store that i work at on Fraser St is a small store and it's a very community oriented and a typical day at work consists of working with cash and packing people's groceries for them, and when it's not busy housekeeping is a regular part of my duties. Management at buy low foods is very good and all the supervisors and managers are all really friendly and go out of their way to help you if you have any concerns. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with disagreeable customers but the most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the customers.
Amazing workplace.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oliver, BCMay 18, 2016
The management at Buy Low Foods cares about their staff to the highest degree. They are all friendly and treat definitely make it a point to make everyone (staff & customers) feel comfortable, happy, and at home.
I just did this
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BCSeptember 11, 2015
My review stands the same as the last one I did for buylow. Nothing has changed about it. It was still a great job to work at. The day was the same as before and im trying to click the next button because ive already filled one out for buylow foods.
Clicky. lots of drama with all staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BCJuly 24, 2012
it was just a job for me. I wanted moore. also.. I was 6 months preganent and they gave me the night shift, (because i was the new girl) I had to walk for about an hour to get to work.. Then, they told me to watch out their was a offender down the street from the building... I was shocked to hear that they would let the only girl who didnt have a car at the time ( who was also 6 months pregnent ) to do that shift.
im sure buy-low is a great place to work
but the one in port alberni was not my cup of tea..
A decent place!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Athabasca, ABJanuary 22, 2013
- Buy-low Foods was a decent place to work in, a typical day was fast paced, always busy until the later hours of the evening.
- I learned how to properly count out a float, put away cigarette inventory, how to use lotto and improve my people skills.
- Management was quite great, very flexible with hours considering all the sports and school.
- Most co-workers were great, friendly and well others weren't so friendly.
- The hardest part was keeping a smile on your face after a crazy day.
- The best part was my co-workers, most were so kind and such a pleasure to work with.
I worked with very fun and good hearted people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 13, 2012
I was part time, but always took on extra shifts when possible. I worked with a lot of young teenagers and they would want to switch shifts I never had a problem with it. When we were slow I cleaned fridges or and stocked shelves etc. My manager was great we got along great and I use to make him laugh when sometimes he was kind of down.
Great First Job
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BCNovember 18, 2014
Great First job, coworkers are some of the nicest people i know, learn new things everyday, customers are nice. A typical day is stocking shelves, helping cashiers, customer service
Pros
great staff, good hours, flexible schedule
Very busy work environment.
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 23, 2014
A very busy work environment. Wasn't a lot of work life balance.