Buy-Low Foods Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC24 October 2016
The environment was well organized and all the workers were friendly. It provided good hours and treated everyone with respect. I learned to develop my social skills. Most enjoyable was getting to know the other co-workers. Time management was not difficult because I am involved with sports and throughout my years I have gotten better and better.
Pros
safe environment
Productive and Friendly Environment to learn about Customer Service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC6 June 2016
Working at Buy-low Foods provided me with a lot of customer service experience, mainly because I was in high school at the time the only shift i could work during the week was at 3:45 to closing. Which meant that i stayed at the customer service till with the Lottery and Cigarettes; often doing customer refunds and collecting the customers recyclables. My co-workers varied in age, but we were mainly students and management understood that we needed some weekends off so we'd monthly get one weekend off, especially after working a stat-holiday or many hours the week before. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with the community, since it was a small and everyone was a regular.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Couldn't get Sundays off
Amazing workplace.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oliver, BC18 May 2016
The management at Buy Low Foods cares about their staff to the highest degree. They are all friendly and treat definitely make it a point to make everyone (staff & customers) feel comfortable, happy, and at home.
Awesome starting point in anyone's career
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 March 2016
The Buy Low Foods store that i work at on Fraser St is a small store and it's a very community oriented and a typical day at work consists of working with cash and packing people's groceries for them, and when it's not busy housekeeping is a regular part of my duties. Management at buy low foods is very good and all the supervisors and managers are all really friendly and go out of their way to help you if you have any concerns. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with disagreeable customers but the most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the customers.
I just did this
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC11 September 2015
My review stands the same as the last one I did for buylow. Nothing has changed about it. It was still a great job to work at. The day was the same as before and im trying to click the next button because ive already filled one out for buylow foods.
Great First Job
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC18 November 2014
Great First job, coworkers are some of the nicest people i know, learn new things everyday, customers are nice. A typical day is stocking shelves, helping cashiers, customer service
Pros
great staff, good hours, flexible schedule
Very busy work environment.
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 July 2014
A very busy work environment. Wasn't a lot of work life balance.
A decent place!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Athabasca, AB22 January 2013
- Buy-low Foods was a decent place to work in, a typical day was fast paced, always busy until the later hours of the evening.
- I learned how to properly count out a float, put away cigarette inventory, how to use lotto and improve my people skills.
- Management was quite great, very flexible with hours considering all the sports and school.
- Most co-workers were great, friendly and well others weren't so friendly.
- The hardest part was keeping a smile on your face after a crazy day.
- The best part was my co-workers, most were so kind and such a pleasure to work with.
I worked with very fun and good hearted people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2012
I was part time, but always took on extra shifts when possible. I worked with a lot of young teenagers and they would want to switch shifts I never had a problem with it. When we were slow I cleaned fridges or and stocked shelves etc. My manager was great we got along great and I use to make him laugh when sometimes he was kind of down.
Clicky. lots of drama with all staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC24 July 2012
it was just a job for me. I wanted moore. also.. I was 6 months preganent and they gave me the night shift, (because i was the new girl) I had to walk for about an hour to get to work.. Then, they told me to watch out their was a offender down the street from the building... I was shocked to hear that they would let the only girl who didnt have a car at the time ( who was also 6 months pregnent ) to do that shift.
im sure buy-low is a great place to work
but the one in port alberni was not my cup of tea..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buy-Low Foods. Our community is ready to answer.