At Buy-Low our focus is providing local communities with low food prices on top quality produce, meat, national brand products along with our award winning private label “Western Classics and Western Family”. Our most important job is serving you the customer!
We are now hiring for our Athabasca, Alberta location!
We are currently hiring for a number of opportunities, including Head Cashier in Training!
Make a career choice in the grocery business with us!
As the Head Cashier in Training for Buy-Low Foods, you ensure solid execution of policies and procedures pertaining to the back office and front end of the store, while demonstrating the company standard of commitment to customer satisfaction.
You will be trained in how to successfully complete all of the following responsibilities:
- Able to perform all requirements of the Service Clerk-Cashier job description.
- Responsible for daily and weekly cash-up paperwork.
- Facilitate the completion of all weekly receiving paperwork.
- Responsible for preparing and communicating week ending paperwork.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate store price file, ad batches, and all required signage.
- Able to process payments, complete paperwork and report on all store level charge accounts.
- Facilitate and report on aisle price verification quarterly.
- Responsible for ordering, weekly inventory count and gross profit reporting for tobacco department.
- Responsible for bi-weekly ordering, and stocking of Candy and HABA sections.
- Responsible for filling magazines and preparing magazine returns and complete the accompanying paperwork.
- Responsible for ordering all office supplies, signage, name badges, and uniform garments.
- Create and monitor cashier weekly schedules and break schedules.
- Responsible for processing coin orders and maintaining a balanced safe count.
- Facilitate all cleaning and organization of the front end and back office areas.
- Participate in store Health and Safety committee meetings, weekly management team meetings and conference calls as required.
- Facilitate training for all cashiers, including lotto certification if required.
- Facilitate new employee orientation as required.
- Responsible for overall store management as required, including locking up the store a minimum of one night per week.
- 2 years cashier experience, ideally in a supermarket environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership and people skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Lotto certification and food safe an asset
- Ability to lift products weighing 15-30 lbs
- Ability to work variety of shifts, including evenings and weekend work
APPLY ONLINE TODAY @ http://buylowfoodsjobs.com/jobs/1862755-full-time-head-cashier-trainee-buy-low-foods-athabasca?bid=336