Scope of Position
The incumbent will support the corporate HR budget submission and monitoring process, develop and maintain workforce metrics, complete analytical studies, identify reporting requirements and develop effective reporting methods. He/she will also plan and undertake the ongoing administration of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) to support short- and long-range Human Resources goals and implement improvements/ efficiency/automation of HR functions in the HRIS.
- Support the corporate HR budget annual submission and monitoring process including year- end estimates.
- Track the financial status of the HR budget by analyzing reports, completing monthly variance analyses, investigating variances from plan, identifying trends, and preparing summary findings.
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Monitor budget estimates for completeness, accuracy and conformance with procedures.
- Ensure deadlines are met and critical issues are raised in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain all workforce metrics and determine most effective reporting methods.
- Provide information to HR management by pro-actively assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Act as the technical lead with respect to HRIS functionality; oversee the specification, development and implementation of new or redesigned systems, reports and policies and procedures for internal use; manage relationships with software and hardware vendors, and ensure the development of proper training and documentation for system use and maintenance.
- Consult as required with other division or department management in developing company-wide use of HRIS planning and reporting functions.
- Establish data tables, structures, files, interface requirements and data integrity protocols for ongoing administration.
- Provide training to system users to ensure that the HRIS is effectively utilized.
- Review HR procedures to improve efficiency and look for opportunities to automate.
- Respond to a wide range of ad-hoc information requests.
- Assist with employee communications and provide support to other HR functions, as required.
Education & Experience
- University degree ideally in Business, Commerce, Finance, or Human Resources
- Finance or other related HR designation would be beneficial
- A minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience
- Excellent understanding of financial concepts and facility working with numbers
- Solid analytical expertise and problem solving skills combined with exceptional attention to detail
- Expert MS-Excel, spreadsheet and in-depth database and software skills
- Ability to organize, evaluate and assess data and make recommendations using advanced technical and reporting skills
- Proven ability to prepare complex management reports on a timely basis
- Ability to influence, negotiate and interact and establish relationships with all levels of professionals, work under pressure and be able to respond to operational and Human Resources issues
- Excellent project management, organization and follow-up skills, capability to manage several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills including excellent presentation and training skills
- Self-motivation, flexibility and ability to manage shifting priorities
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and database management systems.
- Knowledge of human resources practices, particularly compensation and payroll, a definite asset.