Business Instincts Group is a Venture Creation firm that builds and finances startups. We’re high on leadership and low on management, which means that each of us takes charge of our project roles and runs with it. We value the ability to: step outside of comfort zones; accept what’s right, not who’s right; and harbor an appreciation for diversity. We’re committed to living healthy lifestyles, and we do what it takes to deliver good work in a big way.
We’re looking for a talented individual who fits these qualities to be a Web Designer & Developer here at Business Instincts Group.
Your responsibilities will boil down to a 50/50 split between development and design, as follows:
- The essentials: HTML5, CSS3/LESS, jQuery, PHP, SQL, git, Wordpress, working on a LAMP stack
- Preference given to those with experience with:
- - Kohana / MVC PHP frameworks
- - Angular / MV* JS frameworks
- - Terminal, Node, Joomla, eclectic taste in music
- Building anything from company one-pagers, to full-featured web applications, to custom admin backends / tools, to tactical tasks like exporting signups, managing databases, etc.
- Email marketing: template design, coding and testing, list management
- The essentials: strong visual and technical design skills across the entire Adobe Creative Suite (on OS X)
- Conceptualizing ideas and conveying them to a team
- Designing and styling websites from start to finish
- Experience with mobile and tablet spaces, and undaunted whether facing print, web, or interactive design
- Crafting brands and comprehensive identity guidelines
- Creating sitemaps, wireframes, mockups, and detailed design specifications to describe the user interface and experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an innate talent for solving tough problems—and yearn to do so, as much
- Have a deep connection and passion for design and the role it plays in society
- Enjoy navigating and adapting to our rapidly evolving projects
- Be eager to learn new things, along with keeping on top of trends in design and technology
- Enjoy working collaboratively as part of a close-knit team
Preference will be given to:
- Individuals whose design strengths match their dev abilities
- Individuals with a degree or diploma in a related field
- Individuals with 3+ years of professional experience
If this describes the kind of team you want to be a part of and the kind of person that you are, please send us your résumé.
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard