Sales Representative - FBC, Canada's Small Business Tax Specialist – Ontario
For over 60 years, Farm Business Consultants has been using its specialized tax knowledge to help small businesses minimize their taxes year after year. With over 50,000 members from Ontario to BC, FBC has developed a highly customized proprietary product TaxGuard™ to help in the processes of tax preparation, planning, business consulting, and audit protection. Since its establishment in 1952, FBC has remained as a family-owned business, and the FBC membership base consists of a variety of Canadian entrepreneurs and small business owners.
FBC is seeking highly motivated, success oriented individuals to work in Ontario as key members of the Business Development/Outside Sales Team. We are hiring in the Kingston, Smiths Falls and Ottawa territories. Applicants located in these regions or surrounding areas are encouraged to apply.
The Sales Representative is responsible for selling new Memberships to local entrepreneurs and small business owners. An extensive and ongoing training program is offered, you do not need to be a tax specialist to succeed in this role. The Sales Representative will reach their business targets through effective management of designated territories and physical visits to customer sites.
As a Sales Representative you will be part of a dynamic team. Your responsibilities would include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring the successful presentation and sale of key products and services related to tax preparation and financial/tax planning for agricultural and small businesses
- Adjust content of sales presentations by studying the business needs of prospective customers
- Maximizing market penetration by seeking out and developing new business opportunities
- Establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on/visit existing or potential customers
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth
Desired Skills and Experience
As a Sales Representative role you should:
- Have the ability to travel throughout the territory (a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are essential)
- Demonstrate a track record of consistently meeting corporate sales goals (preferably intangibles)
- Have impeccable presentation and communication skills
- Established ability to convert prospects and close deals
- Have the skill to generate leads through networking and referrals
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment
The benefits of working with FBC:
FBC provides a generous remuneration package comprised of a base salary plus commissions and bonus. Many Sales Representatives are making 6 figures by their second year of employment. In addition, members of the Sales/Business Development Team are eligible to participate in an incentive trip for top performers. Previous trips have been to Hawaii, Costa Rica, Portugal and the Dominican Republic!
In return for your dedication and hard work we provide the following:
- Superior remuneration structure that rewards for performance
- Career advancement opportunities- FBC has a promote from within focus
- Flexible work schedule - control over your working hours
- Full company benefits including Medical, Dental, Life, and Long Term Disability coverage
- Intensive training program plus ongoing follow-up training
- Regular staff social events
- A charitable donation matching program for all staff
Please forward your cover letter and resume to Kathryn Maynard, Recruitment Specialist. Be sure you indicate the role and region you are applying for in the cover letter.