Local Business Advisor - FBC, Canada's Small Business Tax Specialist
FBC, as a progressive organization that prides itself on delivering creative solutions to challenging business needs, is looking for an individual who is an innovative problem solver to join our team as a Local Business Advisor. This role is an exciting mix of Business Development, Tax, Customer Service, Accounting, Bookkeeping and Sales. FBC is committed to the success of the Local Business Advisor and has implemented an exhaustive training and mentoring plan for all employees in this role.
The Local Business Advisor will be assigned a designated territory to work in and must be comfortable with travel. This role is perfect for an entrepreneurial person who loves building relationships and does not like a 9 to 5 standard desk job!
We are hiring for several territories in Ontario including: Hanover, Walkerton, Barrie and Orillia Vaughan, Orangeville and Newmarket.
Within this position, you would be responsible to do the following:
- Build strong relationships with current Members in designated territory
- Represent FBC in the community within the designated territory
- Meet with Members and perform Member related services to FBC standards
- Renew Memberships to achieve agreed to retention goals
- Develop a thorough understanding of services and processes to effectively aid the Members
- Conduct prospecting activities to meet with and sign up new Members
- Development of strong lead generation and sales skills
- Participate in and pass designated training courses (provided by FBC)
- Open communication with Team Leader to review successes and upcoming goals
To ensure your success in this role you would require the following:
- The ability to travel throughout the territory, with some overnight stays required (a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are essential)
- Demonstrated technical and practical skills in tax, accounting and bookkeeping
- The ability to build and maintain long term relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to develop a strong network
- The aptitude to learn to generate leads through networking, referrals and sales activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to lifelong learning and development
- Must have the ability to think logically and understand big picture technical concepts
Education and experience that would assist you in achieving success in this role:
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or associated fields (equivalent work experience may be considered)
- Experience and a record of success building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of personal/corporate taxation preparation and planning would be an asset
- Experience in Business Development or Sales of an intangible an asset
The benefits of working with FBC:
- Competitive compensation with a focus on rewarding performance
- Mentorship from senior employees to ensure success
- Medical/Dental/Life/Disability coverage
- On-going and extensive Employee Training
- Opportunities for advancement with a promote from within focus
- Regular staff social events
- Relocation assistance
If you would enjoy helping FBC Members achieve their business goals while working towards and meeting your own personal goals, then this could be the right role for you. FBC commits to providing a comprehensive orientation, training and development process to the right candidate.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Kathryn Maynard, Recruitment Specialist, please ensure you indicate the role you are applying for in the title of the email.