Client Service Representative - FBC, Canada's Small Business Tax Specialist- Alberta Regions
For over 60 years, Farm Business Consultants has been using its specialized tax knowledge to help small businesses minimize their taxes year after year. With over 50,000 members from Ontario to BC, FBC has developed a highly customized proprietary product TaxGuard™ to help in the processes of tax preparation, planning, business consulting, and audit protection. Since its establishment in 1952, FBC has remained as a family-owned business, and the FBC membership base consists of a variety of Canadian entrepreneurs and small business owners.
We are currently recruiting Client Service Representatives for several territories including: Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat and Cranbrook. If you live in or near any of these areas, please do not hesitate to apply. We are looking for candidates with a passion for relationship building, as they will be meeting face-to-face with our Members to collect relevant and important tax information. Individuals looking for new challenges and a rewarding career should apply. No experience is necessary as we provide comprehensive training and career development- you do not have to be a tax expert to succeed in this role!
As a Client Service Representative you will be responsible to do the following:
- Meeting current clients and building long-term relationships in your designated territory
- Traveling to FBC clients place of business (home or office) where you will use state-of-the-art computer equipment and company-designed software to collect tax and other financial data
- Ensure complete and accurate input of this data onto our tax database, from which it will be retrieved and worked on by our tax specialists located in various branch offices
- Seeking opportunities to grow our client base through referrals
- Communicate with clients regarding FBC membership benefits
To ensure your success in this role, we require the following:
- Ability to travel throughout the region, with some overnight stays required (a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are essential)
- Strong interest in and aptitude for learning technical tax information and computer software
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- The professionalism to represent FBC in the community within the designated territory
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
In return for your dedication and hard work we provide the following:
- Superior remuneration structure that rewards for performance with a base salary plus commissions and bonus
- Career advancement opportunities- FBC has a promote from within focus
- Flexible work schedule - control over your working hours
- Full company benefits including Medical, Dental, Life, and Long Term Disability coverage
- Intensive training program plus ongoing follow-up training
- Regular staff social events
- A charitable donation matching program for all staff
If you would enjoy helping FBC Members achieve their business goals while working towards and meeting your own personal goals, then this could be the right role for you. FBC commits to providing a comprehensive orientation, training and development process to the right candidate. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Kathryn Maynard, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you indicate the role and region you are applying for in the title of the email.