Burger King

Burger King Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and interesting
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 2, 2013
Pros: fun, meeting new people everday
Cons: poor wages
It was a fun and interesting workplace to work. Also i have learned so many things about how to manage business and employees in a diversity environment.
A starter job
Cashier / Drive Thru attendant / Sandwich artist (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, OntarioApril 25, 2013
Pros: discounted prices on food
Cons: stressful, not ideal for growth
At Burger King I took care of the drive thru and front cash, taking and filling orders to customers' specifications. Also I was working in the kitchen where I prepared the orders displayed on the screen. I also did a variety of cleaning. Management was not at all ideal or organized (not accurately taking employees' availability into consideration when – more... scheduling, almost forcing us to work shifts that we really were not available to work). – less
a good eperience
Cashier & food Handler (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 23, 2013
Buger King, like all fast food resturant is challenging and can be complicated. My experience with Buger King was a good one... i worked weekends on night shifts because i was still in school, but i enjoyed the experience.
Fast pace environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 13, 2013
Pros: opportunity to learn
Cons: short staffed some times
Made sure food quality met required standards, as well as meeting with company service times (drive-thru). On-going learning with new products, equipment, and procedures.
Good place, good people
Night Manager (Former Employee), Tillsonburg, ONApril 9, 2013
This place had a good working atmosphere. Everyone got along and worked together really well. Took little managing from to get the jobs done. Everyone knew what needed to be done and did there parts.
Very friendly work environment.
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 8, 2013
This was a great place to work at, I enjoyed it very much and was very sad to leave.
It was good experience working
Customer assistant (Current Employee), London, ONApril 3, 2013
- It was fast pace job
- you need to be quick with your when it came down to making food
Fast paced and long days
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 3, 2013
Pros: free lunch, fast paced
Cons: long days, working holidays, not getting to see my son
A typical day at work is busy and fast paced. I have learned great customer service skills. The management put a lot of stress on their staff and expect them to put work before family. In the past year I have not had much time with my son. I work long days and stat days and I do not get paid extra for them. Right now I am owned 4 stat days that I have – more... worked and did not get extra time off that I am owed. I also work from home every day to every other day doing schedules for the crew. – less
Energetic and positive atmosphere,
Cashier (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONMarch 28, 2013
A typical work day would include working and maintaining the front counter, constantly restocking items and keeping up with great customer relations. I learned many valuable qualities on how to deal with tough customers, as well as keeping friendly relations with the regulars and my co-workers. Management was very disorganized, being my main reason – more... for wanting to vacate my position. The hardest part of the job was closing every night, but once I found a routine I was able to do the job very efficiently. The most enjoyable part of working at BK was the interactions with customers and my co-workers. – less
Energetic and positive atmosphere,
Cashier (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONMarch 28, 2013
Cashier/Food Service (Former Employee), Barrire OntarioMarch 21, 2013
Took care of the dinning room,helped out the drive thur and the kitchen also did kitchen and drive thru close
The job has furthered developed me as a manager and as a person.
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaMarch 20, 2013
Pros: seminars, certificates, good working environment, professional management
Cons: benefits package
Working as a sift manager, for this company, helped me further my knowledge and experience. It has honed my skills at best, as this industry requires a fast-paced environment with very strict attention to details. This industry deals with food and beverage, thus, making each and every product potentially hazardous to health if handled incorrectly.

Managing – more... an average of 5-10 people on a daily basis, plus the total work required of a manager, has developed me into a new person. Additionally, the business has given me different certificates and seminars to further improve me as a manager. – less
Always A Different Experience Everyday
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 19, 2013
Pros: learning experiences
Cons: demanding work
I have learned from fifteen years of customer service in quick service restaurant and retail environments, that serving customers is not a right, it a privilege. To enjoy your job requirements you need to have good relationships with your clients and customers. This type of work is not for everyone, as it could be low paying and you could be working – more... harder than most other industries. However your day goes, there is always periods of the day that are so busy you don't realize how fast the day goes, and you can always guarantee to have a great team of co-workers.

As for a managerial role, this is a fantastic learning experience for short and long term managers to gain valuable experience. You will learn to multi-task, make last minute decisions that will affect the rest of your day and develop interpersonal skills because you will be working and communicating with others of different ages, ethnic backgrounds and experience.

I highly recommend a career in hospitality or customer service to anyone looking for a career change. – less
No schedule for work
Cashier & Kitchen (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 18, 2013
Meeting with new peoples . Take orders & cooking.Cleaning,
great people fun to work with
Cashier (Current Employee), Welland, ONMarch 11, 2013
a typical day at work is usually the same. I would either be on cash or drive thru and i would take orders and hand them out. The people are amazing and were very welcoming when I started there.
burger king review
Cook (Current Employee), Maple Ridge, BCMarch 6, 2013
Pros: great people, free lunches
Cons: hours are bad, needs new managment
a typical day at burger king is fast, you are always on the move,it feels like your doing a million things at once.The management is okay, Any problems you have they may or may not deal with it,The managers do have there favorite employees which I don't agree with I think every employee should get treated the same,but that's not the case i also dont – more... agree with the hours they give us, they hire new people everyday and cut back everyone's hours so that the new people have hours and how is someone supposed to live off 2 days a week? My co-workers are great.friendly and outgoing people,they are always willing to give you a hand when you need it,they are great people to work with.The hardest part about my job was the dishes,there would be piles and piles of dishes and it was very hard to find the time to do them.The most enjoyable part of my job is making the burgers,i love to work with my hands and i find it fun to make the burgers, i have learned working here that you must communicate with others,have a great attitude and when faced with a problem ask for help. – less
Good experience
Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 6, 2013
Pros: wonderful people
Cons: long hours
met great new friends and really showed me my true strength. hardest part of my job was dealing with unhappy customers but i always stayed strong and made it through the day.
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto,OnFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: great location
Cons: short hours
I would welcome customers and take their orders.
I learned that even when you have a rude customer,always stay calm and try your best to help them out.
The mangers were nice and helped out when needed.
My co-workers were all respectable people and we looked out for each other.
The hardest part of the job would be not getting the amount of hours I wanted.
The – more... most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new people everyday when working on the cash register. – less
Fun Job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 19, 2013
Not always serious. Time to relax but when we were busy the whole time acted together and always got the work done with no problem.
a great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 18, 2013
great team work and advancement oppurtunties . free meal on your shift and a great place to work

About Burger King

The BURGER KING® system operates more than 11,000 restaurants in all 50 states and in more than 60 countries and territories – Read more