Burger King Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
hard working job
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 18, 2015
Pros: free whoppers
Cons: many long hour shifts
I do not mind this job I'm just looking for another one. The coworkers are great and it can be fun. It can get annoying when things get crazy and busy but it is not too bad of a job. It is great experience and I don't regret working here.
sale staff
SERVICE STAFF (Former Employee), kuwait burger king quadisiyaNovember 10, 2015
to work without assistance on all stationexisting in our operation and maintain gold standard at all times,to prepare food serve the custumerand carry out task nessesary for efficient running in the restaurant including the maintenace of or high standard of cleenlliness
fast paced
Crew Member (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 7, 2015
enjoyable place to work at great people and great customers. I really learned alot of valuable transferrable skills at burger king and reccomend it to another person
Great environment and great people who help
cook (Former Employee), Saskatoon SaskatchewanJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Money, learned new things
Cons: fired for not attening and missed calls
I liked working at burger king because they help out every step of the way, they also taught me how to do cashier.
the hardest part was making it because i was busy with family stuff
i mostly liked the company that was there and the help they gave
productive, happy people
CREW/CASHIER (Former Employee), KUWAITJuly 25, 2013
Pros: free one meal in your duty
Cons: long hours
In burger king the typical day at work was so long.but most of the time we are also busy. This is my first time in fast food so i learned a lot start in delivery, weighing the grams hat you needed in your shift, how to cook beef patty, fries how to clean broiler, ice cream machine and so many things. the management of burger king was not really good because they cannot give the sometimes the benefits of their employee. my co worker are all good i enjoy being with them were are so happy if we see each other so time will past very easy. the hardest part of my job if sometimes we are lack of manpower so we need to sacrifice to be able to fill the time even we stay long hrs in the restaurant. The most enjoyable part of my work if we receive bonus and if we have party in the restaurant.
ok place to work
Front Cashier/ Floor worker (Former Employee), Grand Falls - Windsor, NLOctober 16, 2015
Pros: free beverage when needed
Cons: treated like a slave
Burger King was an interesting place to work at first, but when the new manager came aboard, us team members got treated like bad. the manager at the time was not nice. which means he took others ideas and used them as his own, as he basically came up with it for himself.
boss isnt respecful, cheap doesnt care about employees
cashier, customer service, delivery, prep (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 24, 2015
don't work at burger king boss doesn't pay properly and everything he does is illegal. I think working here would be a bad idea for a lot of people doing there first jobs so don't apply at burger king.
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee), Burlington, ONNovember 8, 2015
Pros: The people
Cons: Physically demanding
This can be a very physically demanding job, but still a great place to work. And the work days go by very quickly as it's a very busy store.
I enjoy working in Burger King but I am looking for a permanent job in medical field.
fantastic restaurant ,clean and peaceful.
kitchen staff (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: the work place is like a big family always happy to work.
really good atmosphere to work and nice restaurant with really good and supportive co workers. fun place to work and really enjoyable work .
fun
Cashier (Former Employee), hamiltonAugust 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
work was fun very nice customers very nice employees and supervisors very nice environment very nive very very nice i ran out of things to say so im just dragging on
manger
Manager/ Customer Service/Food Prep (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONNovember 4, 2015
i was a manager it was okay the first day i became a manager i closed and that is at 1AM and the next day i opened the store with is 6 AM i left their because i got harssed by the Manager higher then me .
Friendly enviroment
Crew (Former Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCNovember 9, 2015
Pros: Discount food
Cons: Greasy, hot, and unexpected rushes, managers are known to not care about employees
Make burgers and fries everyday. Gives the fundamentals of cleanliness, and teamwork. Clean burger machine and fryers every evening.
good co-workers
kitchen (Current Employee), Lundy's Lane, ONNovember 16, 2015
Pros: friends
Cons: work load
Usually it's really busy with customer and it increased my accuracy at multi tasking, analyzing skills, coordination with co-workers and i learned you can accomplish any task if you have great team.
Good fast paced job
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Ingleside, ONNovember 15, 2015
This job is ideal for someone who likes a fast paced enviroment. The only recommendation would be for the manager to take everyones life into consideration when making the schedules.
Great
Sandwich Maker/Order Taker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 6, 2015
Pros: half price luch
Cons: Good food lol
i loved working at Burger King a very nice place great people. If they had a better pay rate i would go back for sure. I worked there for a long time but i needed to move on.
Friendly Environment
Manager (Former Employee), Regina, SKApril 1, 2015
I learned at Burger King how to handle pressure situation easily, management is very good. Operational management: organizing stock and equipment, ordering supplies and overseeing building maintenance, cleanliness and security.Financial management: planning and working to budgets, maximizing profits and achieving sales targets set by head office, controlling takings in the restaurant, administering payrolls, etc.
Working to ensure standards of hygiene are maintained and that the restaurant complies with health and safety regulations
a typical day at work
Cashier (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 18, 2015
Basically assisting customers, cleaning and serving . the general work expected from manger. The environment wasn't was expected but overall serving was the best part and making sure my task was completed.
Fair place to work at
cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: nice coworkers
Cons: fast-paced environment
I worked at the Burger King on Queen Street located at the 410. I was there for about 7 months. The pay was minimum wage, with rasies (of about $0.10 every six months if you have been doing good work.) I must say that the management lacked friendliness at times, though they were always fair. The hours were a bit crazy, as it is a fast food place and it is open 24/7. The work was hard, and not an ideal long-term job for me, so I quit, but overall it wasn't a terrible place to work.
best 3 years at a work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), niagara fallsOctober 7, 2015
Pros: free lunch, hours i need.
went from crew member to manager in under 2 years.
the owners were amazing.
the crew members i managed where amazing!
one of the best jobs ive worked in a long time.
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Moose jaw, SkSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: equality
Cons: Very busy some times
Team oriented Workplace
Fast Pace Workplace
Dealing with different kind of customers
Customers are very agressive sometimes but we use to have trick to cool them out by giving extra sweet pie or something they like.
Working at burger king was really enjoyable.
Headquarters