Burger King
6,717 reviews

Burger King Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very busy fastfood chain ever i work on.
Team Member (Former Employee), andalous, kuwaitOctober 20, 2013
preparing all the condiments starting my day at burger king, it seems like your playing basketball, you have to familiarize all of your team member to have a good service.
good part time
Cook/Assembly/Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 17, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: bad pay
get there after school usually do the same thing every day. learned how to multi task. most of the management was good some were high strung. hardest part was doing many thing fast and correct all at the same time. enjoyable part was working with my brother.
cashier
Cashier/other (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 16, 2013
Pros: 5% discount
Cons: management will move your time around
average day would have to be working on cash and then when the store is empty mop the floors clean the bathroom
Meeting different people will thrill you
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 9, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
You will not know what time will you finish your shifts. You will not know when are your off days. You will end up making Whoppers 24/7 sometimes. Forget about your personal and family life if you work for this company. Upper managers do not care about employee development, assessment. No employee review or salary increase.
Productive and Fun place to work
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee), MontrealOctober 8, 2013
It is a great place to work if you are in high school or college.
Not much to say
Prep worker (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 25, 2013
This was a short lived job.

My day consisted of preparing burgers, cutting tomatoes etc. Sweeping and mopping floors.

Learned how to make burgers

management was ok

co-workers were friendly

Keeping up with the orders especially on a busy day

Wasn't there long enough to enjoy anything
Play place was a good thing
Team Leader (Former Employee), North Bay, ONSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: able to give flexible work areas
Cons: work/life balance was tough to maintain since hours were not transit friendly.
I would often work alone in some busy areas, late at night. Taking orders via drive-thru or at the till, make the order, and then package the order. I would clean the work areas as well.
Not Great not Poor
Cook/Fryer (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: 7 min break if u you under 8 hours only.
Most staff wonderful love working with them.

Training methods were very poor, felt because id dint speak their language i was outcasted and blamed for why i had confusion on certain positions.
I learnt a lot and and build confidence
Cashier (Current Employee), dixie and burnhamthropeSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: stress level is high
Cons: team work, get to meet different people and fast working environment
A typical day at work would be Rush and fast environment
I learned or well trained for Customer service, work well in team, follow the policies and management
Handing employees and following the food safety procedures
Hardest part of the job is to leave on time because it might get busy and we end up staying and help them out
The most enjoyable part – more... where we get to work in team and to get the targeted drive thru time – less
Easy money, easy work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: as much time off as needed
Cons: boring
It was a great job to have while I was in school, and keeping up with school activities and outside activities. Basic order taking, and cleaning up. The hardest part is dealing with customers, while the best was meeting new people to work with.
not friendly
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 26, 2013
-didnt like it
-wasnt the best
-not much hours
-schedule was never followed
Manager (Former Employee), Pembroke, OntarioAugust 23, 2013
I moved up very quick with in the company and became a closing manager with in a 2 week time frame
It was fun to work with a productive team
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2013
Burger King was the first job in Canada. I thought no one is going to hire me because I was new in Canada and I do not have work experience related to this job.
I have been thankful for this company because I have learned so many things from the workplace. For the past 4 years I still remember their menu, wrapping their burgers and what comes on the – more... sandwiches.
The management and my co-workers were really wonderful and a we were working together as a team just to make our customers happy.
I did not encounter the hardest job at Burger King because the team were solid.
The most enjoyable while working there was to make our customer happy with their orders. – less
Productive and easy working.
Cashier, Expidter and Lobby Check (Current Employee), Nanaimo BCAugust 12, 2013
Pros: free muffins and coffee
Cons: dealing with dirty dish water
My review would be this resertuant was an easy and fast passed one to work at. Wokring there for a short time i didnt really gt to know the employee's very well.
n/a
Front cashier and Drive thru attendant (Former Employee), Guelph, ONAugust 9, 2013
It was a temporary position that i was doing. I enjoyed my job and serving customers.
good team work
Team member (Former Employee), woodbine, burger kingAugust 7, 2013
it taught me many things, handling many tasks, be responsible, teamwork
fast paced environment, with good hard working empolyees
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 6, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: stressful atmosphere
Always moving around, very faced paced environment, with always something to do. Because of the location the the store i have had to deal with many inebriated customers. I have learned patience, leadership multitasking and learning to to think quick on your feet. How to delegate tasks and work quickly and efficiently. learned diplomacy and about the – more... importance of a team. My crew and the staff are the part of the job and the hectic and sometimes stressful atmosphere is the hardest thing about the job. – less
Eh
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONAugust 6, 2013
Hours were to short
Managers didn't really care
Bosses favoured employees
Awesome with a little down side
Cashier (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 2, 2013
Pros: discounts!!
Cons: some rude people
I loved working at Burger King! There were a couple managers that I didn't care for but every type of job has that.
Customer Service /Kitchen duties
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Leamington, ONJuly 30, 2013
I am responsible for customer service duties including cash handling, operating a cash register, taking orders, food preparation and cleaning of restaurant. This job experience has been a positive one allowing me to work in a team setting and allowing me to gain knowledge and experience in a fast-food restaurant setting. I have learned to work under – more... pressure in a fast paced environment. The hardest part of working for Burger King is when the restaurant is busy and we have to meet times that are set. Sometimes customers are not happy with their orders and this job has taught me to handle situations like this in a positive manner. Management at Burger King guides their employees well with all areas. The most enjoyable part is I have made some friends working here and this has been a good experience for me. – less

About Burger King

The BURGER KING® system operates more than 11,000 restaurants in all 50 states and in more than 60 countries and territories – Read more