Burger King Employee Reviews in Canada

fun place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 4, 2016
In my opinion its a fun place to work in a fast pace environment and I really enjoy a lot working there.Helpful and friendly staff
Horrible
Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 5, 2016
During training, I was taught to do things a certain way and then when the inspector came to look at the place, I was then told that everything they taught me wasn't what I was supposed to be doing.
Fun work environment
Cashier/Cook/Drive-Thru (Former Employee) –  Crossfield, ABJanuary 25, 2016
I loved working with people. This was a Great first job in high school. I gained customer service knowledge. As well as how to preform in stressful situations.
The job has furthered developed me as a manager and as a person.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, ManitobaMarch 20, 2013
Working as a sift manager, for this company, helped me further my knowledge and experience. It has honed my skills at best, as this industry requires a fast-paced environment with very strict attention to details. This industry deals with food and beverage, thus, making each and every product potentially hazardous to health if handled incorrectly.

Managing an average of 5-10 people on a daily basis, plus the total work required of a manager, has developed me into a new person. Additionally, the business has given me different certificates and seminars to further improve me as a manager.
Pros
seminars, certificates, good working environment, professional management
Cons
benefits package
Energetic co-workers and social manager
trainee (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 6, 2015
A very fun place to work in. Everybody works as a team during the rush hours. And everybody is friendly to everyone. I now know the meaning of responsibility and teamwork. The most hardest part of the is when were in the dinner time rush hour,
i had learn many things from this place
Sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONOctober 15, 2015
I am currently working as a crew member in the kitchen. the crew members are very good and fun loving as well. I am an opener as I open on sunday and monday and work a short shift on every saturday.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
management
Great environment to work in
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKAugust 6, 2015
A typical day at work would be to clean and cook the food in the back. I also worked up at the front where I was able to converse with customers. I really loved to be able to get to know the customers and welcome returning customers.
My coworkers were wonderful. They were always helpful with whatever need I had, and always had positive reinforcement.
One of the hardest parts of my job was how busy it would get, and how I would have to adjust to the fast paced situations. But I soon got used to how fast things were, and I adapted. This in turn made me able to work in stressful situations without letting my emotions get ahead of me.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my coworkers. They always had a way of making the shift a lot of fun.
Pros
Amazing and wonderful coworkers
Cons
Not enough hours.
It was a good starting job for young students joining the work force.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Dorothee, QCApril 27, 2013
It was a very routine job. There is a lot of preparation, cleaning, and maintaining. It involves a lot of multi-tasking, requiring speed and detail. The management was great for the first 2 years, but then there was a lot of shuffling in that department. My co-workers were for the most part great to be around - friendly. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the lack of communication among the management especially in the last 2 years, as well as salary cuts. The best part of the job was the friends that I made.
Pros
free lunches with every difficult food rush.
Cons
little structure and no stability.
Awesome environment to work in
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 12, 2015
working at Burger King taught me a lot .For example it taught me to always show up at work 15 minutes early so your not late , it also taught me how to speak confidently to all sorts customers I come upon and lastly it taught how to manage my time and how to prioritise my tasks . Everyone there was nice and respected each other ,we liked and enjoyed working there etc To sum up I would totally recommend my friends dto work at Burger King
Pros
Good environment to work in
Cons
we never never got that much customers
Fast-paced and friendly environment.
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 13, 2012
A typical day consists of making product and serving customers. I learned many essential transferable skills and have listed them in my resume. My manager did not give me the hours I requested so that was disappointing. He was how ever friendly and I learn a lot working with him. My co-workers quickly became my friends so it was very easy to work alongside them. The hardest part of this job was ignoring the poor sportsmanship of a few of my employees. The most enjoyable part was being praised by my supervisor for working fast and efficiently.
Pros
discount on lunch.
Cons
didn't get enough hours.
discounts
Short order cook, cleaner, cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONOctober 20, 2015
Burger King was always really busy. I wasn't properly trained so it made the job hard for me and it was my first fast food job. it also made it hard because the schedule was never up in time, I had to call in to see when my next shift was. Other than that the job was fun, I met a lot of nice people that I still talk to on occasion.
Pros
discounts
Cons
I wasnt properly trained.
Taking and Completing customer orders
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCJuly 10, 2015
Typical day would be either assigned to cashier or to the back in the kitchen and make the orders.
If I am cashier then I would take orders from customers let them know if we have any promotions and complete their order.
If I am working in the kitchen I would complete their order with the way the customers ask for.
Overall the work environment was very fun and everyone working made it enjoyable to work with, the only hardest part of the job was in the summer when it would get really hot with the ovens on.
hard working job
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 18, 2015
I do not mind this job I'm just looking for another one. The coworkers are great and it can be fun. It can get annoying when things get crazy and busy but it is not too bad of a job. It is great experience and I don't regret working here.
Pros
free whoppers
Cons
many long hour shifts
Producative, fun workplace
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 5, 2013
Burger king is a kind of busy place. Day starts with less customers and its peak time is between 11 am to 1 pm. Its a fun place. I started here as a cashier and than promoted to shift coordinator. In my 2 years of experience here, I have learned how to manage the shifts including openings and closing, handling cash, dealing with customer care and their issues and complaints related to food, maintaining food hygiene, teaching and assisting staff in preparing and serving food.
I donot count anything as a hardest part of the job as by practice and learning I can maintain my speed of work but at the end of the day after completing 8 hours shift I usually get tired and the most enjoyable part is working in the drive thru. I usually have lots of fun at the that with co-workers.
Pros
yes i have a free meal there, bonus benefits
Cons
long shifts
Fun Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  12001 ON-400, Vaughan, ON L6A 1S1October 1, 2015
Fun workplace with cooperative and polite management. The best part was working with really funny and helpful people, whom i learned a lot from. It got very busy and hard-working at times but it was quite manageable.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Slow hours
Awful
cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 29, 2015
Redberry is an awful place to work, they do not care about their restaurants and when things break they do not care to fix them. I learned a lot from working there but upon getting a different job in food service I learned that it is not normal to work an 8 hour shift with only 2 other people with you on a busy day.
Pros
Loved my coworkers
Cons
everything else.
sale staff
SERVICE STAFF (Former Employee) –  kuwait burger king quadisiyaNovember 10, 2015
to work without assistance on all stationexisting in our operation and maintain gold standard at all times,to prepare food serve the custumerand carry out task nessesary for efficient running in the restaurant including the maintenace of or high standard of cleenlliness
Take orders, make food, serve customers, and clean restaurant
Cashier (Current Employee) –  torbramMay 29, 2013
A normal day at work would be that I would take orders either on drive thru or front cash, sometimes im in the kitchen so i cook the food and make the orders, and i help out a lot with expediting the orders to the customers and making sure we meet their expectations and give very good and polite service. I clean the dinning room and do other tasks like sweeping, washing dishes, helping others, making food preparations, mopping and emptying out the garbage.

I have learned a lot. From the first day i started i was very slow, but throught out that time all i knew was how to take orders, in my training i was never taught how to make food, which i learned on my own and now i am very fast at taking orders and making food. I can multitask many task at once and provide customers fast good service.
Pros
50 percent on food, friendly environment, good long shifts
Cons
salary, teamwork, staff was slightly lazy and dependent
fast paced
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  London, ONDecember 7, 2015
enjoyable place to work at great people and great customers. I really learned alot of valuable transferrable skills at burger king and reccomend it to another person
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONNovember 8, 2015
This can be a very physically demanding job, but still a great place to work. And the work days go by very quickly as it's a very busy store.
I enjoy working in Burger King but I am looking for a permanent job in medical field.
Pros
The people
Cons
Physically demanding