Burger King Employee Reviews in Canada

productive and fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ONJanuary 21, 2016
while this company was in business it was an enjoyable company to be employed by. Every opportunity of advancement was provided to the employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
late hours
Teamwork
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Burger king allowed me to work as a team and interact with customers. This job also helped me build skills and work much faster and more efficient. My time management and organization skills also improved.
Pros
breaks
Cons
minimuim wage
Great hours i put in on this job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 14, 2016
Well at first I didn't mind the job putting in crazy hours filling in for others who wouldn't make it to work, Learning how to use a touch screen till, knowing how to meet and greet customers, Also knowing how to make burgers, fries, and other food they serve. Some workers were shy but as soon as we got to know one another we were okay working together. the hardest part was trying to get my full hours I worked and not getting them.
Pros
free pop
Cons
not giving all my hours i've worked
great place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 8, 2016
a typical work day consisted of dealing with cash and the customers.i learned how to take orders and what people wanted and how they wanted it to be.management was ok to work with and be around.co-workers were fun to work with and easy to talk to.hardest part of the job was working the right hours.the most enjoyable part was getting a discount for working there.
Pros
discounts
Cons
hours worked
Horrible
Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 5, 2016
During training, I was taught to do things a certain way and then when the inspector came to look at the place, I was then told that everything they taught me wasn't what I was supposed to be doing.
Fast pace environment that can be fun depending on the co-works on that shift
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Some nice co-workers, some not so nice. Working at a fast pace on drive thru. Management was sometimes very demanding. It was hard constantly being talked down to and not responding or reacting to the ill treatment at times. I enjoyed going to work otherwise.
Pros
Free lunch benefit
Cons
Sometime uncoordinated
Enjoyable wordplace with awesome co workers
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NLDecember 28, 2015
Customers are usually nice but you get a lot of people that can be hard to get along with, fortunately you learn quick how to deal with upset customers.
Management was wonderful, really easy to get along with as well as the co workers. Most enjoyable thing about the job was the people you worked with.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No break room
excellent workplace
assistant in the kitchen (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 26, 2015
I have worked at burger king, not for long but long enough to recognize the work environment and the management team. It was a friendly environment and my co-workers were incredibly kind and fun to work with. I enjoyed working there as a start up job, I liked the experience.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
cleaning the place up
Making food, serving customers, counting tills
Host (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 21, 2015
Not Great. Really only good if you want a fulltime job that doesn't require much. Management positions are to be avoided
amazing environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSDecember 13, 2015
if you are just starting out at a job this is perfect, the people are friendly and the management is understanding, great place to work
Pros
50% off food
great team atmosphere
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BCDecember 10, 2015
welcoming crew and friendly management.
keeps you moving fast. An extreme amount of pressurized situations are thrown at you. Overall new friends are made, while getting the job done!
Pros
50% off entire menu
Cons
some rude staff
fast paced
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  London, ONDecember 7, 2015
enjoyable place to work at great people and great customers. I really learned alot of valuable transferrable skills at burger king and reccomend it to another person
Energetic co-workers and social manager
trainee (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 6, 2015
A very fun place to work in. Everybody works as a team during the rush hours. And everybody is friendly to everyone. I now know the meaning of responsibility and teamwork. The most hardest part of the is when were in the dinner time rush hour,
good job
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCDecember 5, 2015
Work is too much but pay rate is too less but all the employees are nice and i just want too upgrade myself but i learn many things like Hard work,Customer satisfaction,Time management
NOT FLEXIBLE WITH CREWS SCHEDULE, UNORGANIZED, NO BENEFITS, NO RAISE
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MBDecember 2, 2015
I WORKED AT BK FOR 2 YEARS AS A SHIFT COORDINATOR. MY 1ST RGM NEVER ASKED ME OR ANY OF MY TEAM ABOUT OUR AVAILABILITY. WE FOLLOW THE SCHEDULE ACCORDING TO THE MANAGERS "WANTS". WE CANT ASK FOR DAY OFF UNLESS WE EXPLAIN WHY WE NEED IT AND IF ITS REALLY IMPORTANT. SOMETIMES THERE IS ONLY 3 PEOPLE ON THE FLOOR, 1 MAIN BOARD, 1 DT, AND 1 FRONT COUNTER. DURING LUNCH RUSH ITS CHAOS! FOR 2 YEARS OF WORKING THEY ONLY GAVE US 1 RAISE. THE RGM TOLD US IF WE DO NOT LIKE THE WAY HE HANDLE THE RESTAURANT WE CAN LOOK FOR OTHER JOB BECAUSE HE SAID "ITS MY WAY OR HI-WAY" SO MOST OF US LEFT.
Pros
HALF PRICE WHOPPER??
Cons
EVERYTHING
Good place to work for highschool/college students
Restaurant Worker (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONNovember 25, 2015
The Burger King I presently work at has a high turn-over rate and the majority are part time highschool students. I've been working at Burger King for a year and half and it's serviced me and my wallet well but i need a change of scenery and need to start finding a job in my specified field. I work hard and take pride in my work even if it is just flipping burgers and taking the person's money, but I feel like sometimes i'm one of the only ones truly working there.
Co-Workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 20, 2015
This restaurant was great to be an employee. I really wish I could have stayed but I moved back to Ontario.

Everyone got along well, the management team was very helpful with training and anything else that needed to be addressed.
Pros
Discounted lunches/dinners
Cons
Minimum wage
hard working job
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 18, 2015
I do not mind this job I'm just looking for another one. The coworkers are great and it can be fun. It can get annoying when things get crazy and busy but it is not too bad of a job. It is great experience and I don't regret working here.
Pros
free whoppers
Cons
many long hour shifts
Productive, friendly environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, ManitboaNovember 16, 2015
Great place to begin working experience. Learned a lot about customer service and the work force. Management was good. Everyone was cooperative and helpful towards one another.
good co-workers
kitchen (Current Employee) –  Lundy's Lane, ONNovember 16, 2015
Usually it's really busy with customer and it increased my accuracy at multi tasking, analyzing skills, coordination with co-workers and i learned you can accomplish any task if you have great team.
Pros
friends
Cons
work load