Burger King Employee Reviews

Family Owned
Crew (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCMarch 22, 2016
I showed up and did the work. it was ok. nothing bad ever happened while i was there.. things were a bit complicated, but i worked fast and hard and followed the steps and practicals.
Pros
close to home at the time
Cons
the hours and schedule didn't seem to include me much
A short Term Job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONMarch 22, 2016
It did not fit all the things that I wanted in a job therefore I did not stay too long. It was very fast paced which was fine for me however I found better employment somewhere else.
Hard-working job!
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 14, 2016
You're on your feet your whole shift (besides your break). Things can get uncomfortable because of the heat and the consistent burning oil. Management wasn't the best, but they were somewhat reasonable when I had certain needs (for ex. hours). Co-workers were friendly. I learned how to problem solve, become a leader, work with a team, be organized, and communicate in a professional way with customers. I would also have to maintain the cleanliness of the diner, the backroom, the kitchen, the kids play area, etc. I would have to take out the garbage when they were on the verge of being full. The hardest part of the job was when it was busy (especially on Whopper Wednesday). You never seem to get a break on that day. The most enjoyable part of the job was acquiring certain skills I've never had before, along with getting some job experience. Overall it was a fun experience, but I would personally not go into Food Services again.
Pros
Discounts on Meals
Cons
Inconvenient Hours
fantastic place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ONMarch 10, 2016
It requires a lots of skills to work here in Burger king like customer service,multi tasking,easily adapting,problem solving,diplomatic and time management.
Every day is different. I have to adapt to daily situation. My daily performance is based 60 percent on my team; where i have to work with a team of 5 to 10 different crew members.Their mood might not be the same every day. It is very necessary to read their mind at the beginning of their shift.
I find it easy to handle the customers.Even if in busy hours, effective communication can easily satisfy the customer needs
The more important thing that i am more focused in is to make sure that my customer leaves the door happily.
I dont mind in sacrificing my ego to keep a valuable customer
Fun to work with different people, every day as exciting day , managing shifts cos and team members.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 10, 2016
one day i was working and i had customer in very bad mood. He just started screaming at me without ordering anything. I try to call to him but he was keep screaming . Then i offer him water and drink . After drinking water, he got calm down and told me he wasn't mad at me . He had personal reasons. He had only $5 for food .He was upset because he was thinking he can't buy food in $5. Then i show him in menu what can he buy. He was very happy with service and at the end , he thank to me. I was happy i was able to make him happy and help him what he was looking for.
Pros
free meals
Cons
sometime overnight work
Not a place to stay forever
Manager/ Maintenance/ Drive-Through Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2016
A typical day at work was working l/n handling drive-thru duties, making orders, cleaning the restaurant, taking apart the broiler for cleaning, changing the oil in the fryers and scrubbing them clean, cleaning all the stations including Fry station, do the nightly cash outs, paper work, time sheets, etc. the management was fun to be around, good co-workers, the hardest part of the job was you and one person vs getting everything done, the most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
free food
Cons
poor wage
Fun work environment
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2016
This was my first job and I learned a lot. I was very comfortable working there because it was just 10 employees and it felt like a family. I was very nervous when I first started but the people there made me feel welcomed and it made it much easier.
great team
Evening prep leader (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 6, 2016
i loved working here it was m first job where i worked nights and i reall liked the change because at my last job i was a full time opener
This place was awful
Kitchen worker, Stock, Prep and Outdoor (Former Employee) –  Odessa, ONMarch 4, 2016
I hated working at Burger King. Due to its place (OnRoute) it was a hard place to travel to (which their guidelines only made it harder). They did not meet health and safety standards. They consistently change the schedule without any notice and with less than 24 hours before a shift. This was a brutal place to work and I would not recommend it.
fun place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 4, 2016
In my opinion its a fun place to work in a fast pace environment and I really enjoy a lot working there.Helpful and friendly staff
Great co-workers and managers.
Employee - Part time (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMarch 2, 2016
Nice co-workers with well trained managers. I learned how to construct hamburgers. Hardest part of the job was making everything fast while being sanitary and safe.
I have a growing passion to work with people.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 29, 2016
I am a strong believer in working hard and doing what it takes to always better myself. I enjoy working with people either collectively in a group or independently. I have strong verbal and communication skills, I am also a hard worker with good work ethics and a strong willingness to learn. A typical day at work would be greeting customers with a warm welcoming smile and how can I help you today as they place their order. I feel I have a lot to offer when it comes to customer service. Problem solving is a topic I find I do well in and I take initiative in all situations in order to do my best each and every day. Management has a big role to cover and at times I know things can get stressful, however I try to help in anyway possible be it delegating tasks or any additional tasks that will help them relax. The hardest part of the job would have to be ensuring everyone works together and doesn't get frustrated during peak rush times throughout the day. The most enjoyable and rewarding time of the day, is seeing your customers not only walk on with a smile after your transaction together but to build a lasting relationship with them so they come back to your particular business. It is key for your customers to leave satisfied and happy before they leave. I have learned that people are all different and we always, at work, want to make our internal and external customers happy but cannot always do so. Therefore, we find a way that works for them, we meet those people half way and compromise.
Pros
Free donuts and hot beverages
Cons
standing for long periods at a time
A workplace where one can polish his or her customer services skills and learn how to handle difficult situations.
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Multi-tasking, People skills, Management, Planning for and achieving target or goals.

Adept customer skills, Very understanding co-workers.
Great workplace
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I have worked with many people and had no problems with co-workers and management.
We had busy days and slow days but in the end it's still a great workplace.
Being Cashier was easy but making burgers wasn't that easy. more training needs there.
I enjoyed working with everyone.
Pros
got 50% for lunch/diner
Cons
slow days some days
Front Cashier/ Floor worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NLFebruary 25, 2016
Very fair place to work. Great Team work and product of food is satisfactory.Hours of work is well timed out every shift. management is good and shift supervisors did a awesome job
Pros
discount on food
Cons
favortism
Productive and Fun Work Place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Management is supportive and helpful. Working there I have learned how to provide excellent customer service. The customer's needs are your priority.
Productive / multi tasking
Cashier/Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 18, 2016
This was one of the jobs I loved to stay in only because the team I worked with at the time were extremely friendly it was like a family in this company but the only con about working here was that they were always short staff and it was irritating to have to work long stressful hours because it was short staff, extra stress was put on to each team member but over all its a great work place environment to learn customer service skills and to master multitasking starting at the age of 16
Pros
FRIENDLY WORK ENVIRONMENT
Cons
SHORT STAFF, LONG HOURS
Part time cashier
Cashier, Drive (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 17, 2016
it was a great place to work. Everyone was very friendly and worked together great. The hours where good. They have benefits for fulltime staff.
Experience and knowledge starter.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 17, 2016
At Burger King I started as a crew member and was a student graduating high school going into college. At first it was a job to make some extra money until I started working there and as the time went on I grew to enjoy the job. A typical day was an after school shift where I worked either drive thru, cash, or food preparation. Every day was a learning experience because I was just starting off and had to learn and understand the job. The management staff always changing because there were promotions, managers quiting, and being terminated but overrall they were good. My coworkers were amazing got to grow with them and we helped each other all the time. The hardest part about this job was that I was fresh and never had a job until Burger King. The most enjoyable part is the fact that i was able to join a company and grow with it, I was promoted and a supervisor for 5 years.
Pros
Where I built my experience
Cons
Didn't work out
Nice place with lots of learning
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ONFebruary 13, 2016
I found this place pretty good with nice crew. I work as a part time employee and its good to meet new customers every day. However, situation becomes complex in terms of delivering orders on time, no matter how fast you are!

2.8