Burger King Employee Reviews

Horrifying experience, would not suggest to anyone
Food Runner/Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2016
Personally the job was just not for me, I did my best to stick it out thinking maybe the job would grow on me but unfortunately it did not, The staff were sometime-ish, they had their days that they were nice and respectful but majority of the time they were rude. Would not suggest working there.
in-experienced management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON3 November 2016
I enjoyed working for this company, although they were not very good at managing the store. Constantly running out of ingredients, Didnt have schedules done properly. And important documents were not handed out on time.. It was very unpredictable day to day.
Pros
Free Lunch sometimes
Cons
unpredictabe.
Productive / multi tasking
Cashier/Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 February 2016
This was one of the jobs I loved to stay in only because the team I worked with at the time were extremely friendly it was like a family in this company but the only con about working here was that they were always short staff and it was irritating to have to work long stressful hours because it was short staff, extra stress was put on to each team member but over all its a great work place environment to learn customer service skills and to master multitasking starting at the age of 16
Pros
FRIENDLY WORK ENVIRONMENT
Cons
SHORT STAFF, LONG HOURS
Interesting night shift for work
Cook/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON27 September 2016
It was steady work daily and enjoyable. Time was fair when working, tasks were manageable. Fast paced environment was something that i enjoyed during my time there and a hard working team was a good thing as well.
Pros
meals were half off
Cons
Cleaning after store closed took too long.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier and kitchen helper (Current Employee) –  Denman street .vancouver30 November 2016
I have learned so much about customer service. The owner is owning 14 franchisees and they ask employees sometimes to work on different location.I liked working with my co workers.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
have to handle dissatisfied customers
typical restaurant day job
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NL6 May 2016
Physically challenging.
Happy to work and deal with locals as they are so friendly
Learning to adjust as it is very different from where I came from in terms of culture and expectations at work.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
physically draining
The new management was not at all helpful
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC23 March 2016
Once the new management took over it all went down hill. I used to like to go to work there. I worked in the kitchen prepping food and flipping burgers. The new management picked on me and didn't explain what they wanted done. I liked my co-workers but they too didn't like the way things got run by the new management.
Pros
Good part time job as I went to school as well.
Cons
Poor management.
It was a good environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2016
Good work environment the managers were very nice and the coworkers I had were also very nice good amount of hours a week and it wasn't very far for me to get there
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
Got very busy at certain times
its fun but a hard job
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2016
most busy days we are short staff so everybody needs to do extra work than usual. the co workers are fun to work with they are friendly and hard working. The hardest part of the job is to deal with those stubborn customers.
Pros
free lunches paid breaks
Cons
short staff
Productive and Fun enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  King City, ON5 February 2016
I usually do cashier as soon as i start my shift. after break my supervisor will recruit me to the back where the items are refrigerated and kept frozen and from there i have date and organize all food items correspondingly.
my co workers are now my closest friends and have been very supportive ever since i have started the job.
the hardest part of my job is organizing the products during delivery days, where all food products will be delivered.

the most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co workers
Pros
free lunch, long hours
Cons
too much cleaning
working with friendly people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2016
I worked a kitchen staff preparing, cooking and making burgers for the customers. When working in a fast phase environment teamwork is very important. You can make things faster when two or more people are working. The hardest part of the job is when we hit by a rush and we don't have enough people or someone didn't showed up. The most enjoyable part is when you were able to serve all the orders in efficient way and you satisfied the customers
Pros
free meal after 5hrs shift
a fun place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 November 2016
didn't work there long but an enjoyable place to work overall. they have a pleasant staff who is very friendly and everyone is able to work together.I enjoyed working here for as long as i did.
typical fast foood joint
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON3 November 2016
It was good experience I learned the ins and outs of fast food always looking for people not picky on choice great first job if u can handle the travel.
Pros
free drinks, discounted meals, great people
Cons
travel
good place to work
customer focused
good food
Burger king
Part-Time Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC12 May 2016
I learned great customer service, alittle tough working in an fast paced enviroment, management was good:) very nice co-workers, i got alot of experince good and bad.
Was a good job for school
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB5 December 2016
They worked around my school schedule and gave me the hours I needed while respecting my busy schedule. Worked around the hours of my other job as well.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor job quality
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 September 2016
Time managing was hard, did not have the appropriate hours to work with, had many conflicts and did not have an option to choose my own schedule. Co-workers did not have any good communication with me.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Co-workers
It was a good job
Front Desk Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 September 2016
It was alright, as it was difficult in some way or the other. If you were new you were typically told to do all the cleaning by the older employees. I was normally left alone to manage the front cashier because everyone else always focused on the drive thru.
Great Work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 August 2016
I learned how to use the cash register machine in 3 days and was taking drive thru orders mainly. Also cleaned tables at times when told to do so. Hardest part of the job is when it gets busy. Most enjoyable part of the job is talking with customers when they come to the and have a talk with you.
Pros
Discount on food/Flexible hours
Fun Environment to work.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2016
- Opportunity to gain communication skills.
- Work with cash and to execute transactions.
- Work under deadlines.
- Work under fast paced environment.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours

2.8