Burger King Employee Reviews

It was a good job
Front Desk Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 September 2016
It was alright, as it was difficult in some way or the other. If you were new you were typically told to do all the cleaning by the older employees. I was normally left alone to manage the front cashier because everyone else always focused on the drive thru.
Very fast paced environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 September 2016
Burger King is a very fast paced working environment. I had a good working experience. The management is just fine and I had some good co-workers as well.
Pros
Great discounted meals
Cons
it was productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 August 2016
working there was fun i liked it alot. the workers was nice and friendly. my manager is every good to worker with. Customers was always friendly overall it was was a good working enviroment.
fast paced environment
cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2016
a fast paced environment with nice co-worker, worked all around from cashier to cleaning, I've leaned that working is not easy and and managing time from school to work is difficult but with hard work and persistent working can be fun. My co-workers are good at working together they were able to teach me how to work neatly in a fast pace for only a short period of time. the hardest park of work is time because i have a YMCA exchange program at the time i was working . The most enjoyable part of the job is being independent for the first time and learning adulthood
Pros
experience
Cons
workplace
energetic and friendly work places
Cashier (workplace) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 August 2016
hard working person
the most enjoyable part of the job is to help the customer if needed and being friendly to the customer.
the hardest part of the job was to stand up all day and in a rush hour.
friendly, helping, and kind co workers
Pros
free lunches
Productive and Friendly workers
Kitchen Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2016
After working at Burger King i learned to work as a team more effectively. A typical day at work there is made up of me preparing different meals in the kitchen and some days I work as a cashier. My co-workers are very friendly and always help me out if i did not know something. The hardest part of the job is during lunch hours when they are a lot of people. This is the most busiest time of the day. The most enjoyable part is when you meet nice customers who appreciate your work. Sometimes customers would acknowledge quality customer services and say stuff like keep up the good work.
Pros
50% off for employeesó
Cons
Very fast pace environment
fun place to work at
Team member (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON19 August 2016
typical day at work would be clocking in stalk up on meats go on my dessignated spot and doing what im suppose to do, manger and other employee are great overall a good place to work
Pros
dicount lunch
Cons
counting tils
its fun but a hard job
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2016
most busy days we are short staff so everybody needs to do extra work than usual. the co workers are fun to work with they are friendly and hard working. The hardest part of the job is to deal with those stubborn customers.
Pros
free lunches paid breaks
Cons
short staff
Easy going workplace
Burger King cashier (training only) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 August 2016
Although I was only a trainee at Burger King very briefly, I still got to experience how the average day around the workplace would be. I was taught how to use a cash register for the first time, how to prepare simple orders, and how to expedite quickly and efficiently. I believe it prepared me very well for new job opportunities. I did not always agree with how the management treated their customers, although i felt it was not my place to say anything. Despite the fact that I did not always agree with the management, I tried my very best, and exceeded at staying professional. The hardest part of the job was learning that general mistakes will occur all of the time- especially when it is a very first work experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was the general experience and feeling of being helpful, appreciated, and a part of a team.
Pros
gaining knowledge, communication with and meeting new people
Cons
Working with family, wanting to feel more independant
Easy to get comfortable
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 August 2016
High stress, no opportunities for advancement unless you get fortunate timing and have a pre-existing relationship with your boss
Fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 August 2016
Fun workplace. Co-workers are great. It gets monotonous but I like working there.

Typical day is you prep the ingredients and make sandwiches, grill burgers, stack the products and wash dishes.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Fun people and a good experience
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 August 2016
I would clock into work and then my mangers will tell me what cash register i will work on. I begin to take the customers orders while refilling the condiments, the napkins, wiping trays and getting the food to the customer once it was prepared.I would also clean the washrooms and sweep the floor as well as changing the garbage or taking it out to the compactor. Furthermore, I would talk to my employees casually at times but also about anything the customer might need. I learned how to interact with customers and make sure that they had everything they required. Management were strict at times but i understood it was to make sure that no one slacked off and that the work speed did not slow down. My co-workers were the most enjoyable part of my job because i got to talk to them and have fun as well as working. The hardest part was getting used to the procedures there but once i got used to it i overcame the problems that i had.
Pros
Discount on purchases
Cons
Long hours sometimes
good co-workers but stressful days/shifts.
Cashier/customer service clerk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB11 August 2016
a good place to work for first time job holders but can become overly stressful due to lack of training in certain positions as well as lack of communication.
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS9 August 2016
Coworkers were fun and friendly to work with, not many problems with customer service or production efficiency; so long as everyone is doing their job correctly.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Fast paced, friendly environment.
Kitchen Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Confederation Park, SK9 August 2016
It was always fun going to work, knowing i had a job. Burger king was my first job that turned out to be long term because i really enjoyed the employees and management at the time.
good
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 August 2016
Very busy work day and great people.It is always a challenge to ensure every guest is happy ever time they visit but customers service is number ONE. I get along great with others and all customers
Fun but hard work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2016
schedules are not managed well
lacking of crew every afternoon shifts
I enjoy working but it makes me sad that they don't manage our schedules properly and if someone call and sick they don't find someone to replace for the sick crew.
Pros
Friendly Workmates
Cons
Lack of management
Great Work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 August 2016
I learned how to use the cash register machine in 3 days and was taking drive thru orders mainly. Also cleaned tables at times when told to do so. Hardest part of the job is when it gets busy. Most enjoyable part of the job is talking with customers when they come to the and have a talk with you.
Pros
Discount on food/Flexible hours
Cons
Good place to work to gain experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 August 2016
A typical day at work would be constantly smiling and greetng the customers. Trying to get everything so quickly but properly. Always on the go. The great part about it was that the management was always approachable. If anyone ever felt too stressed or had personal problems, the management was there to help. Co-workers were fun and respectful. The hardest part of this job was learning to separate yourself from the job. In the sense of not taking any comment or action done by a client personal. Because sometimes there were some pretty rude people. The best part abut the job was the people I worked with. They were very team like and we all worked together to make the day go as smoothly as possible.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working drive thru was cold in the winter
poor management
FRONT CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2016
burger king is a fun place to work on, you learned a lot things and you work with nice people. However, i am not pleased when the management started to cut hours which we, crews, suffered especially on busy days.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
cutting hours

2.8