Burger King Employee Reviews

great management.
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 September 2017
• Greet each customer in a positive manner
• Readiness to assume responsibility for decision making
• Assist in other areas of the store; clean up, shelf-stocking
• Identifies the problem and the boundaries to be respected in the solution
• Interview and hire new employees

The hardest part:
when you have to deal with customers knowing that they're wrong at times but then you have to be considerate with their complaints. Also, when employees do not show up or if they call in sick whilst no one is able to take their shifts.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
busy hours are tiring
Its an okay place
Title Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2017
At the beginning i enjoyed working there , but after a few months they started leaving me alone at the register with the long being very long and although there were two registers they would tell the costumers only one worked.
Pros
the discount
Busy working environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 September 2017
In a typical working day, as you come in for your shift, you immediately join the your co-workers and start preparing foods. Because of high demand for meals during specific times i.e breakfast and lunch times, the pace is very fast. The hardest part of the job was my inability to understand what my co workers were saying because most of them were Indians and their english wasn't as sound as mine. Though, I could adjust and working with them was fun nonetheless. Also, my shifts weren't fixed and so, they kept clashing with my schedules. The management was not bad, but could be better. Overall, the workplace culture was responsible
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Shifts clashing with my school schedule
very bad place to work. managers didn't care about crew.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON25 September 2017
very bad place to work. managers didn't care about crew. made us work in terrible conditions. no a/c and fryer hood was broken and it was 30 degrees outside.
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON24 September 2017
Duties include front cash, expedited orders, drive thru, pre-close and closing duties, cleaning of restaurant, and customer service. very fun environment to work and would enjoy working somewhere like this again
Burger King
Cook and opened store (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 September 2017
I worked at a Burger King for almost two years. At the start of my employment thing were not to bad, friendly staff. My last year sucked we were always unemployed.
Pros
food safety, emloyees
assistant manager
Assistant Manager/ Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS22 September 2017
I was responsible for inventory, staff and folling Burger King procedures. Very fast pased environment with a high turn over rate. Depostis as well as updating infprmation in the computer programs
Productive,Fun,Reliability,Leadership skills improved team work and my social skills.
Cashier/Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2017
A depending on the days of the week lets say Sunday afternoon would be really slow passed Monday to Tuesday would be really slow as well in the afternoon but Wednesdays,Fridays and Saturdays would be where we hit our peek and then we try again the next week to do even better I do not work on Thursdays due to my air cadet program.I have learned how to work the cashier system , handled food to the elderly.Expedited.Worked in the kitchen cleaned the Dinning and freezers helped move shipments to freezers.At our location at Young & Dundas square we were a very mutuality culture place every one was very positive in there own way witch made me comfortable.The hardest part of the job was when people are expediting and where at are where really busy I would have to work faster to help someone out our the ice fountain drink mechanic would be empty people would deepened on me to fill it because I would be the only male.But I still get the job done and in a neat way and without complaints or anyone to ask me to get it done or like refilling the ice cream mechanic as well.Working there at burger king was a very enjoyable time the crew were very nice and respectful even during the hardest of times.
Pros
Crew were very a nice.
Cons
No free food.
intresting to do work there,,,friendly environment,,,,best manager
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Denman Island, BC18 September 2017
Friendly environment love to do work their,,,,good team members.,,,,good manger its far from my place n there is no hope to increase in wages over all its good experience
Pros
flexibility in shifts
Cons
no increase in wages
They stop giving me shifts because I was White
Front cash and customer service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 September 2017
Worked there for over 7 years and got a new Filipino district manager that doesn't like white people he literally told me we don't hire white people when me and my sister tried to give someone a job recommendation
Needed help
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 September 2017
Needed Lots of love from the owner to get the place looking clean, but there was no care at all for the restaurant. hard to keep good employees. customers were nasty and rude
Productive and fun memorable
Service Crew (PRODUCT CONTROLER) (Former Employee) –  Philippines14 September 2017
Always carrying of your job. As well as u can. That is the best way is to prove in your work. To what are you being a good worker. And also to share what are you abilities you have.
Pros
Free 30 minutes break
Cons
Fun Environment and friendly team members
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 September 2017
Working at Burger King was such an amazing experience. It was a first job that I had and I learned so much life lesson that are practical and necessary. The people I worked with are very friendly and helpful. They made sure that I get all the training and information I needed for the job.
production okay, staff enjoy.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 September 2017
a typical day being a crew is giving satisfaction to the customers and provide them happy environment. Having fun while working make the work easy and the goal of the day is met. Our assistant store manager is a challenge for me while I'm working at Burger King. Everyday before going in I'm thinking how to satisfy the assistant manager and the result is just being honest to her and the work that has been given is beyond the expectation result.
Productive and fun work environment.
HMS Host (Former Employee) –  Tilbury, ON1 September 2017
As my first job, Burger King was a great way to start into working as it helped build my base skills on time management and multitasking and allowed me to apply myself more.
Awesome place have lots of good memories
Cook (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ON31 August 2017
Overall good place to work for a first job had lots of fun and made lots of new friends.
If you want to stay busy and get decent hours this is the place to be.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Busy
Co-Manager and Team Members has fun to be with
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  TriNoma Mall30 August 2017
Good Store, great work balance and there is a lot of work opportunity advancement. Nice place to work most especially our store was inside the mall. Peak store and more guest every day.
Pros
Lot of room for advancement
Cons
Long Hours
Good Company
flexible hours
responsible coworkers
Good working environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 August 2017
It is a positive working environment with friendly co-workers and management. Easy to learn and everyone is helpful. allows me to use my food handler certification skills
Excellent employer.
Shift Manager and Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON22 August 2017
Management is understanding and reasonable. Workplace is safe, clean and organized. Room for advancement from crew member to shift manager. Duties are fair and assigned on a daily basis. Customer service skills are a must.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8