9,200 reviews

Burger King Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrible Company
Team Member (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Management had absolutely no idea what was going on. Monkeys could do better. I was constantly understaffed and expected to do three peoples jobs "because I'm a competent worker". Which is completely unfair. Constantly solving problems managers couldn't including feuds with customers (who were always screaming in my calm face). They messed up on pay day more then once as well. I want to give this company 0 stars.
Environment is good. Learn new things . Also helps to improve communication skill
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free dinner
Cons: less hours
I appreciate Burger king service. Working environment is also good. Staff is helpful. I enjoyed dealing with customers.It is far away from my location.so, difficult to travel a long distance; time consuming.
fun and productive workplace
Crew member/ Cashier (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: discount lunches
Cons: hours always being cut
The friendships that you make with other team members and customers is what i look forward too, to walk into work and customers great with a smile or tell your manger how great you are and that you are the reason why they come back is something that always makes your day better.
Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: not long enough hours
Overall Burger King was an interesting place to be. Shift planning was never very well planned and we were always over staffed during the day and under staffed at night. For several months i had worked the day shifts.First day on the job i was left alone to do cash, even tho they only taught me how to operate the cash register for 15 min. Often being on my own causing me to learn a bit faster than most other people. Although i managed to learn most of stuff alone i had great co workers to help me along the way. I eventually left to burger to find new challenges and to gain more experience in a different environment.
Team Leader
Team Leader (Former Employee), Toronto,ONFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: location of work
When I was working at Burger King a couple of summers ago, it was a far commute from Richmond Hill to Dundas including the fact I would work when I didn't have school. I would prepare the specialty burgers and combos for customers as well as taking on roles as cashier from time to time. The staff and management were friendly and hard working individuals. It was a great job but the commute was dreadful considering I have no vehicle and would have to depend on two modes of public transportation to reach work.
Fast-paced results driven and friendly workplace
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free drinks on days you worked
A typical day at work involved coming in and getting ready to go before my shift so that I could start right on time without any delays. I managed customer orders, complaints/compliments, training of new staff for face-to-face interactions and preparation as well as presentation of all consumables. Here I learned how to manage my time efficiently to the customers benefit and the value of having a good – more... instructor. The environment was very friendly I got along very well with all my coworkers and managers. The hardest part of my job was handling customer orders while teaching new staff to handle the orders but I heartily worked my way through without conflict. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching happy customers depart with their orders satisfied and new trainees working smoothly through new orders. – less
Its a fun place to work with all the team and enjoy what i love to do.
Assistant Manager (Acting RGM) (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: the health benefit
Cons: long hours.
The hours not always 8 hours/day as a Manager our responsibility is to make sure job gets done and up to Burger King standard. We deal with the diffrent challenges every single day, it makes us more understand about the business itself. It always fun to meet new people all the customer that came to our store we treat them like a family.
Very busy
Expediter (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: good work
Cons: decent benefits
Continuous work but great experience overall.
30% off food, the benefit is alright.
Never stop working and sometimes customers are very rude and disgusting.
Fun and Colourful Workplace
Customer Services (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: close to shopping center
Cons: low pay
I found it quite busy and sometimes felt that it was underemployed at time. But the coworkers were civil and the manager was helpful in more than one situation. The hardest part was maintaining orders on busy days. But overall it was fairly simple and enjoyable.
Productive work in fast food enviroment.
Prep Cook/ Dishwasher (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: having a place to go and work.
Cons: long hours.
My day at work would be showing up 15 minutes early to ensure I am prompt and on time and ready to start my work day.
Everyday is a busy day, work as fast as you can to get things done in a fast paced environment.
The hardest part of the job is handling customer complaints.
The most enjoyable part of my job is just being a at work and being productive. keeping everyone happy.
What I learned was developing more people skills.
Fun workplace, though it lacks Organization
Cashier / Cook (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: good experience, nice people
Cons: no organization, employees not reliable.
I liked this job and it could have been great, but it lacked Organization. The hours were good and employees/customers were nice. But when it came to teaching things, it was all over the place. They put me in a station and taught me it, and that was all fine, but when they started to get me doing other things, like overnight shift, food prep (salads, macaroni), and doing Drive-thru or Front Cash, they – more... just assumed I already knew it and wouldn't teach me how to do it or what to do unless i kept bugging them about it. It seemed like once they had me doing some work, they forgot about me and stopped treating me like I was new and didn't know what I was doing.
After finally learning all the stations the job got easier, but a lot of the employees weren't very reliable. Anywhere from constantly calling in sick (usually right before a shift) to not even showing up, I was able to pick up more hours because I was one of the few people always willing to cover a persons shift. – less
Cashier
Cashier/Food Preparation (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2015
cashing out the clients on what they have bought in the store.cashing out the clients on what they have bought in the store.cashing out the clients on what they have bought in the store.cashing out the clients on what they have bought in the store.cashing out the clients on what they have bought in the store.
My experience at Burger King
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCJanuary 5, 2015
- been here at Burger King from last four years. - I have gained a lot of customer service experience.
- Also have build Conflict resolution skills.
-Have knowledge of answering and making phone calls to customer regarding any information they need.
- Making decision whatever to Hiring new employees or let go old employees
great place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Leamington, OntarioDecember 31, 2014
Burger King is a good place to start out as a new job. It always different every day.
Chef (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 24, 2014
Prepped food, Cooked food cleaned and sanitized cooking utensils, cleaned and sanitized oven
Productive workplace
Crew (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 16, 2014
very nice place very nice coworkers and management
I have learned how to deal with different customers with a wide variety of fast foods
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the hosts and guests and being able to plan menus and then of course demonstrating the products.
Fast paced, good place to interact with people
Restaurant manager (Former Employee), Fort McMurray,AlbertaDecember 16, 2014
Fast paced workplace,
Less opportunities to advancement,
Less skills required,
enjoyable part of the job is to meet different types of customers,
hardest part is less committed employees
Fast pace environment
Cleaner (Former Employee), MississaugaDecember 3, 2014
Good management and team of employees. I gained a lot of skills and experiences there.
Great Learning Expierence
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 30, 2014
Pros: half priced meals
Cons: working stat holidays
Prep and Cook food for customers
learnt to work in a fast pace/ hot enviorment and strive for success by creating short term goals.
Great Co-workers
Hardest part of the job would be to helping find seating for disabled individuals.
Most enjoyable part of the job; a paycheck.
nice place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Surrey, BCNovember 12, 2014
fun place.nice coworkers.enjoyable because u meet different people

About Burger King

The BURGER KING® system operates more than 11,000 restaurants in all 50 states and in more than 60 countries and territories – Read more