Burger King Employee Reviews

Fun and safe environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 August 2017
Working there was a great experience, great for a first job! I learned so much and everyone was so nice to me and didn't mind taking time to explain things
Pros
Discount
Cons
Getting burned
heavily understaffed, next to none managerial supervision/ management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 August 2017
Over worked staff at minimum pay due to awful understaffing. Store managers are couldn't care less. Job safety is non existent due to manager's lack of enthusiasm towards crew members. Those who work hard will pick up cover for those who slack, which is 80% of the staff and shift coordinators do nothing, they are usually part of said percentage.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Will drain the energy out of you for a pay that isn't worth it
Terrible job with poor culture
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 August 2017
Where to start...
Dirty, greasy, the smell invades all clothing.
Salary as a restaurant manager is fair on the lower side.
Upper management will threaten your job daily. Expectations are unrealistic and unattainable, especially considering most sandwiches are customized. They will call you at all hours of the day and night

Customers were insane.

This is a job you take because you have to...until something better comes along.
Pros
Free (disgusting) food
Cons
Job culture, working environment, customers, upper management, etc.
Good workplace and training
Shift Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Manitoba4 August 2017
Enjoyable work environmrnt, knowing regular customers, and good staff. Learned about managing staff, dealing with customers. The management was good, and helpfull. Found the hours the most difficult part while i enjoyed the working with the staff and loved working in food preparation.
Pros
Free meals, good job environmrnt
Cons
Shift work
Basically
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 August 2017
The environment was fine, but I felt that not everyone would cooperate so it made things alot harder to finish. People would choose favorites which made working unpleasant. .
Fast food
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2017
As a any fast food restaurant yo have to work fast. It is a great place to work in. Builds your character and the fellow employees are nothing less than fun.
Pros
Employee discount.
Former Employee
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fairview, ON3 August 2017
- it was good but coworkers are not so nice.
- they give you all the work and never helped
- the customers are so nice
- job was pretty easy especially when its not so busy
- very busy during Wednesday but fun.
Pros
friendly customers
Cons
poor management, co-workers
Great way to build personal skills as well as enjoying a friendly environment
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 August 2017
Working at Burger King is a great opportunity to help build my time management, organizational and communication skills. Time management is key to working in this type of environment, were all staff would need to cooperate to meet customers needs in a certain amount of time. Working in the food industry, a lot of cleaning is needed to be done for better working conditions as well as health and safety purposes. Lastly, communication with other colleagues is important to not only work diligently but as a team to meet team goals.
The staff and employees are all great and fun to work with making work more enjoyable and easier for everyone.
The hardest part of the job is maintaining a certain time to serve a customer, especially in Drive-Thru during busy hours. We all make sure every customer is satisfied with their food and not having to wait several minutes to receive an order.
fun place to work, many great people, worked around my school schedule
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 August 2017
i really enjoyed working at burger king it was a very happy place to be in everyone from the day i started were very nice and welcoming. I learned alot there. the management was okay not the best we were always out of everything but other than that they were very nice. the most enjoyable part of the job was when everyone would work together and get it done. also the very happy customers that you didnt mind having a conversation with.
Pros
50 percent off
RUN far far away
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC31 July 2017
Before it was sold it was good, and it's still good elsewhere. But in town, the manager treats his staff like garbage, argues with customers when BK was wrong (Missing a patty on a burger or hair in the food) Calls the same customers liars and idiots, and has no idea how to run a business. BK itself is fine, but with the current management, not worth it.
good place good food
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB25 July 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the regular customers and their likes and dislikes on how they wanted their meals cooked. making friends with some of my co-workers
Pros
employee discount
Fun and lively
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 July 2017
I love working at Burger King because it is full of different daily activities. Yes, there may be a routine to abide by, but having different customers everyday and creating a bond with them makes working there a bit more interesting. I enjoy working as a Shift Coordinator here because it reassures me that this place has room to grow and move up in. It motivates me.
Pros
Free manager meal
Cons
long hours, low pay
The Worst
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 July 2017
The place gave terrible hours, would threaten people with firing nearly everyday. Would ignore safety complaints from crew member, not to mention fail to comply with food safety standards.
Cons
Hateful place to work.
Amazing Place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 July 2017
I thrive in any environment I am placed in and while it did get quite difficult during some shifts, I overcame these difficulties in a positive manner to ensure a welcoming experience for customers.
productive and fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON19 July 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job was the team that I worked with, we all did a great job regardless of the day we were having, we made it work! The hardest part of the job was when other employees would either call in sick or not show up for their shift.
Pros
great staff
Cons
short staffed
Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 July 2017
Typical day at BK for me was always busy and understaffed. I felt like being understaffed pushed me to achieve and challenge obstacles I didn't think I could with minimal team effort from other employees.
Pros
Free Pop
Cons
Underpayed
work
Food Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK17 July 2017
havent worked here in a long time, but the job was good at the time not sure how it is going to this day.its been 4 years since i worked so things may have gotten better or worse all depending on who runs the place now
Not good
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 July 2017
Dont recommend working here, unless you're looking for long hours, with a minimum pay, and the possibility of outraged customers because the cook prep cannot do his job.
good place to work
Restaurant General Manager and Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 July 2017
good place to work
ownership not hands on and left younger staff in charge till I arrive
promoted to area manager and looked after both Kingston restaurants.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
Business ownership got out of the business
Bad management, shift coordinators only care about their own shifts. Always short staffed, does not call people in. No benefits, do not give raises.
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC13 July 2017
-was given no formal training for job
-does not hire despite being short staffed
-company puts out coupons but does not staff for influx of customers
Pros
Some good staff members/supervisors
Cons
gossipy environment, unprofessional management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8