Burger King Employee Reviews

nice people to work for
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB6 March 2017
Worked here when I was 15 and it was a great part time job for me.The people were great to work for and to work with.The hours were great as I am a student as well.My manager was a very pleasant person and easy to deal with.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
easy work but terrible work enviroment
Cashier (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON5 March 2017
My first manager was awesome, but after he left the workplace was really terrible. Everyone at the workplace was unfriendly and formed clicks and i was isolated in a way. They all spoke a language that i did not and refused to speak English at the workplace so i was left in the dark on most matters. Workplace hygiene was also terrible.
Pros
free fries
Cons
a lot of cons
Fast Paced Fun to work with
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON4 March 2017
I worked at Onroute location very fast and busy location , my typical day when 6 buses stopped full of passengers and the day I was short handed on staff, My management always come and help out,caring and friendly management,learned to interact with people of different cultures and age group,
wish i could say good things
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON4 March 2017
wouldnt recommend to anyone
staff was kinda great the owners not so well and they seemed like they didnt know what they where doing and they need a new accounting
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC3 March 2017
Burger King was my first job and I learned many things from it. I was very young when I first started and it was the perfect first job. I became a lot more confident when I started to work there. I enjoyed the fast paced environment,
Pros
Free lunches
productive work place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 March 2017
everyone gets along as well as efficiently, friendly and quickly serving customers.
I've learnt about food preparation and customer service (both Burger King and Tim Horton's)
Overview
Sales Representative & food handling (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 March 2017
Great restaurant owner
Great Teamwork
Fun place to work
Lots of opportunities such as cashier, sales rep & many more
Good way to start working
Very diverse
not a good work invoirment
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Hartland, NB2 March 2017
working here I got hours cut and dumb hours, they were not understanding, when my brother passed away I was not able to take any time off to recover. when I was sick at work I was not aloud to leave even when they had someone to cover for me. I would not recommend working here. they don't have a good work environment, there is a lot of attitude.
Not as good as i thought
Canadian tire (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 February 2017
i didnt like the older company only because im 18 and i found the people there very boring , they dont look happy working the job they do. id rather work in a envirment with younger people with lots of engry.
Awesome
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK23 February 2017
It was good, had to be very fast and able to work in a fast paced environment. Very fun getting to know the workers and knowing the place in the kitchen which most suited me.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very hot
Was fun and get more experience
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2017
I use to work there for a they actually train me for a week and I'm allow to have my lunch after 5 hours. I do everything example:cashier, the back, and the front
Pros
Free lunch after 5 hours
Cons
Short hours
Difficult work environment
Shift coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 February 2017
I have overcome working at Burger King for six years, working under pressure. I preform the tasks required plus the jobs of my workmates. I ensure that my job is preformed properly and would also be a helping hand to my co-workers who need help.
Work like a family
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
We have party with most employees not hold by the company. We help each other when we have personal problems. The manager teach us anything when we ask for.
First Job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 February 2017
Burger King was my first job and overall a great experience as a first job. I worked with great people, gained alot of customer service experience, and got great training.
work experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 February 2017
I learned the value of the positive attitude, focused attention to the job at hands and skilful customer service. Using my proficient leadership skills and attentiveness for customer inquiries and arrange the stocks, I efficiently delegate work to my fellow crew members with hard work. I have been eager, able and reliable person in my life, and I am ready to bring those same qualities to your company.
Hated every minute of the 15 years I worked there
Manager (Former Employee) –  Various17 February 2017
I was a manager for 15 years at BK - both for a franchisee and in corporately owned stores. I hated every minute of it. I would be scheduled 11:00 am to 8:00 pm and then be expected to count the tills after 8:00. The only good thing I can say is that I got all the free food I could eat.
Pros
All the free food I could eat (& I ate alot!)
Cons
Just a lousy place to work
Day at the food place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON12 February 2017
I usually worked on weekends.
I learned how to work in a teamwork environment.
The hardest part of the job was to breathe oil from the frying station.
The most enjoyable was to serve customers.
Overall Awesome
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 February 2017
The people I worked with were friendly to customer and Employee alike, whether new or regulars. The food was always prepared to customer specifications.
productive and fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC4 February 2017
This Job increased my patience level and i have learned more how to deal with customers. Slow Time is the hardest part and busy time is the fun loving part.
Its your first job what can you expect?
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2017
Thankfully the old stereotype of "flipping burgers" have come to an end--they now have a machine that grills them to the right consistency.

At my workplace there were 3 stations of which handled a part of the menu, you would move from station to station depending on what order came up on the screen. The rest was simple assembly.

I learned to be humble, it was an eye-opening experience for a teenager.

Management was questionable(I remembered our supervisor was deported back to the Philippines due to a violation in work permits), the ones that were legal often transferred about so you would get a new management every couple of months.

The workplace culture consisted mostly of teenagers and one or two adults to supervise and manage, maybe one or two seniors that worked casually.

The hardest part of the job is the job itself, the kitchen was hot and wearing latex gloves made your hands sweat--luckily I was never subjected to cleaning the lavatories.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to eat for free(well to an extent, as long as the cost equaled that of a whopper combo--perks vary per location and management)
Pros
earning money as a teenager
Cons
the work was very labor intensive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8