Burger King

Burger King Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Meh
Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONApril 4, 2015
Pros: half priced food on breaks
Cons: dirty grease everywhere.
This job isn't the greatest. It'll work to get you by, but its just dirty and gross. Very easy job. Not much more else i can say about it.
Friendly Environment
Manager (Former Employee), Regina, SKApril 1, 2015
I learned at Burger King how to handle pressure situation easily, management is very good. Operational management: organizing stock and equipment, ordering supplies and overseeing building maintenance, cleanliness and security.Financial management: planning and working to budgets, maximizing profits and achieving sales targets set by head office, controlling takings in the restaurant, administering payrolls, etc.
Working to ensure standards of hygiene are maintained and that the restaurant complies with health and safety regulations
I had a good experience
cooker (Former Employee), coquitlamMarch 27, 2015
I like the cooking place , I had a good manager and I learned a lot at this position.I learned a how to solve customer problems.
Hostile, oppressive and very rushed.
after hours custodian (Former Employee), Brockville, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: oppressive environment, some times hazardous, very difficult to communicate, even after hours.
Management and workers were quite hostile, making it very hard to effectively work, though the work is so simple that i could do it well, but in twice the time it should have taken.
Fine for first time job
Cashier/Cook/Cleaner (Former Employee), Stouffville, ONMarch 11, 2015
It was a job that is fine for a younger person. I had to do a lot of different thing like cash, cook clean. Not just one job area.
worst job experience ever
Front of House (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 10, 2015
The management are really strict on you and are very rude. They make you do so much work and they dont give you the amount of our you as for.
Busy, fun work place.
Cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 5, 2015
Working at Burger King as a cashier was a learning experience for me. I learned that working in fast-paced business can be hard, busy work, but also a fun experience. I got to learn new things such as properly handling cash, working a cash register, communicating with customers, and dealing with problems. The management was very kind, which I enjoyed, it made work much more fun. A typical day at work was like every other day. The part I enjoyed the most was successfully doing my job, with no supervision.
Good place to start
Manager (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Typical day at work is busy, lots of cleaning, dealing with customers, the management is great and coworkers are very easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job would be learning everything and the best part would be making customers happy.
Poor Management
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: inconsistent management
Helped to train new employees by teaching them how to prepare the various foods as well as educate them about customer service, restaurant policy, and health safety procedures. I learned that training can be a lot of work depending on the experience a new person has. The management at this particular Burger King was poor, the owner often reversed many decisions that other managers had mentioned. Co-workers were the only thing keeping me at this job as the rest of it was not that great.
Good for first job, not a career option
Crew member (Former Employee), Whitby, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: food discounts
Cons: long awkward hours
- hard, laborious work lacking enough employees to work efficiently
- learned to persevere and deal with a lack of management when needed
- relied on employees to get all work done, including managerial duties
- rarely followed rules set out by head office
- long awkward hours
- fun and working with others of same mindset and age
Horrible Company
Team Member (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Management had absolutely no idea what was going on. Monkeys could do better. I was constantly understaffed and expected to do three peoples jobs "because I'm a competent worker". Which is completely unfair. Constantly solving problems managers couldn't including feuds with customers (who were always screaming in my calm face). They messed up on pay day more then once as well. I want to give this company 0 stars.
Environment is good. Learn new things . Also helps to improve communication skill
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free dinner
Cons: less hours
I appreciate Burger king service. Working environment is also good. Staff is helpful. I enjoyed dealing with customers.It is far away from my location.so, difficult to travel a long distance; time consuming.
fun and productive workplace
Crew member/ Cashier (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: discount lunches
Cons: hours always being cut
The friendships that you make with other team members and customers is what i look forward too, to walk into work and customers great with a smile or tell your manger how great you are and that you are the reason why they come back is something that always makes your day better.
Burger King
Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: not long enough hours
Overall Burger King was an interesting place to be. Shift planning was never very well planned and we were always over staffed during the day and under staffed at night. For several months i had worked the day shifts.First day on the job i was left alone to do cash, even tho they only taught me how to operate the cash register for 15 min. Often being on my own causing me to learn a bit faster than most other people. Although i managed to learn most of stuff alone i had great co workers to help me along the way. I eventually left to burger to find new challenges and to gain more experience in a different environment.
Team Leader
Team Leader (Former Employee), Toronto,ONFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: location of work
When I was working at Burger King a couple of summers ago, it was a far commute from Richmond Hill to Dundas including the fact I would work when I didn't have school. I would prepare the specialty burgers and combos for customers as well as taking on roles as cashier from time to time. The staff and management were friendly and hard working individuals. It was a great job but the commute was dreadful considering I have no vehicle and would have to depend on two modes of public transportation to reach work.
Fast-paced results driven and friendly workplace
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free drinks on days you worked
A typical day at work involved coming in and getting ready to go before my shift so that I could start right on time without any delays. I managed customer orders, complaints/compliments, training of new staff for face-to-face interactions and preparation as well as presentation of all consumables. Here I learned how to manage my time efficiently to the customers benefit and the value of having a good instructor. The environment was very friendly I got along very well with all my coworkers and managers. The hardest part of my job was handling customer orders while teaching new staff to handle the orders but I heartily worked my way through without conflict. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching happy customers depart with their orders satisfied and new trainees working smoothly through new orders.
Its a fun place to work with all the team and enjoy what i love to do.
Assistant Manager (Acting RGM) (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: the health benefit
Cons: long hours.
The hours not always 8 hours/day as a Manager our responsibility is to make sure job gets done and up to Burger King standard. We deal with the diffrent challenges every single day, it makes us more understand about the business itself. It always fun to meet new people all the customer that came to our store we treat them like a family.
Very busy
Expediter (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: good work
Cons: decent benefits
Continuous work but great experience overall.
30% off food, the benefit is alright.
Never stop working and sometimes customers are very rude and disgusting.
Fun and Colourful Workplace
Customer Services (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: close to shopping center
Cons: low pay
I found it quite busy and sometimes felt that it was underemployed at time. But the coworkers were civil and the manager was helpful in more than one situation. The hardest part was maintaining orders on busy days. But overall it was fairly simple and enjoyable.
Productive work in fast food enviroment.
Prep Cook/ Dishwasher (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: having a place to go and work.
Cons: long hours.
My day at work would be showing up 15 minutes early to ensure I am prompt and on time and ready to start my work day.
Everyday is a busy day, work as fast as you can to get things done in a fast paced environment.
The hardest part of the job is handling customer complaints.
The most enjoyable part of my job is just being a at work and being productive. keeping everyone happy.
What I learned was developing more people skills.
Headquarters