Burger King Employee Reviews

working with friendly people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 13, 2016
I worked a kitchen staff preparing, cooking and making burgers for the customers. When working in a fast phase environment teamwork is very important. You can make things faster when two or more people are working. The hardest part of the job is when we hit by a rush and we don't have enough people or someone didn't showed up. The most enjoyable part is when you were able to serve all the orders in efficient way and you satisfied the customers
Pros
free meal after 5hrs shift
Poor/Unorganized Management
Crew (Current Employee) –  401 Eastbound WoodstockMay 12, 2016
Overall, working at Burger King has been a somewhat decent experience. It seems like every day I am there it just starts to blend together. Doing the same things over and over again. Coming off of being a Golf Professional I decided to return back to school and the this was a decent income while I was in school. We have gone through some management changes lately and it seems to be very unorganized and coming from a past management position it seems very unprofessional and unorganized the route they are taking.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Pay for Meals
Not a place to stay forever
Manager/ Maintenance/ Drive-Through Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2016
A typical day at work was working l/n handling drive-thru duties, making orders, cleaning the restaurant, taking apart the broiler for cleaning, changing the oil in the fryers and scrubbing them clean, cleaning all the stations including Fry station, do the nightly cash outs, paper work, time sheets, etc. the management was fun to be around, good co-workers, the hardest part of the job was you and one person vs getting everything done, the most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
free food
Cons
poor wage
An unforgettable experience
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 10, 2016
A typical day at burger king as a shift coordinator is as you come in is to check the schedule and make sure everyone is there and make sure you position them in their right position. Then you count the safe and using new cashes. Then you take the temperatures of the products in the kitchen. While doing all these tasks you still make sure the customer service provided is excellent. The hardest part of the job is when someone doesn't show up and you need to fill up their space. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you provide an excellent job while having fun with the team.
Pros
Management experience
Cons
Late night shifts
Horrifying experience, would not suggest to anyone
Food Runner/Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 13, 2016
Personally the job was just not for me, I did my best to stick it out thinking maybe the job would grow on me but unfortunately it did not, The staff were sometime-ish, they had their days that they were nice and respectful but majority of the time they were rude. Would not suggest working there.
pretty good
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 29, 2016
cant complain
how to make a whopper with my eyes closed
pretty good
awesome
not really any hard part too the job
going home.
Pros
free food sometimes
Cons
Fun to work with different people, every day as exciting day , managing shifts cos and team members.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 10, 2016
one day i was working and i had customer in very bad mood. He just started screaming at me without ordering anything. I try to call to him but he was keep screaming . Then i offer him water and drink . After drinking water, he got calm down and told me he wasn't mad at me . He had personal reasons. He had only $5 for food .He was upset because he was thinking he can't buy food in $5. Then i show him in menu what can he buy. He was very happy with service and at the end , he thank to me. I was happy i was able to make him happy and help him what he was looking for.
Pros
free meals
Cons
sometime overnight work
Good first job, nothing otherwise.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 3, 2016
Management was lazy, and very unprofessional as well as unproductive. Most employees were treated poorly, or ignored. I learned a lot from this work environment. Due to the conditions around me I was forced to work at a fast consistent pace by myself, or with very few co-workers while the majority went out back for smoke breaks.
Pros
Half off lunch, Working with peers
Cons
Behavior from staff
Great Work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 2, 2016
I learned how to use the cash register machine in 3 days and was taking drive thru orders mainly. Also cleaned tables at times when told to do so. Hardest part of the job is when it gets busy. Most enjoyable part of the job is talking with customers when they come to the and have a talk with you.
Pros
Discount on food/Flexible hours
Cons
The new management was not at all helpful
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCMarch 23, 2016
Once the new management took over it all went down hill. I used to like to go to work there. I worked in the kitchen prepping food and flipping burgers. The new management picked on me and didn't explain what they wanted done. I liked my co-workers but they too didn't like the way things got run by the new management.
Pros
Good part time job as I went to school as well.
Cons
Poor management.
Fast paced environment with friendly customers and strong customer service
Up front and back staff, opener, closer (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONJune 11, 2016
A typical day at work I would be put wherever needed and be able to do the job efficiently and with a positive attitude whether up front, in the kitchen, dishes or cleaning. I learn to stay positive and not let customers who are grumpy or unpleasent not ruin my attitude, as well as be able to learn new skills and help provide customer satisfaction. I enjoyed many of my co-workers as well as the majority of the management team, however, on multiple occasions the management team was unorganized and did not follow some important HR procedures and requirements. The hardest part of the job was probably either being able to balance the tasks at hand and not get stressed in such a fast paced and demanding environment, or being able to handle several customer complaints per shift and correcting them, especially when a customer may not be particularly pleasant or cooperative. I enjoyed many aspects of the job despite this, including the team I work with, interacting with customers, helping customers and being in a fast paced and positive environment.
Pros
25% discount, interchangeable shifts and flexible hours.
Cons
Lack of hours during slow season, sometimes unreasonable management, bad scheduling
my favourite job
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ONJuly 19, 2015
if you're willing to work, this job is so much fun. the owner really cares about his staff, and the people are great. raises are given to people who deserve it. the hardest part is probably the fact that you're on your feet for your whole shift, however a shift could last 3 hours or 10 hours.
Cons
its super warm, and you also have to deal with a lot of angry drunks
energetic and friendly work places
Cashier (workplace) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 25, 2016
hard working person
the most enjoyable part of the job is to help the customer if needed and being friendly to the customer.
the hardest part of the job was to stand up all day and in a rush hour.
friendly, helping, and kind co workers
Pros
free lunches
Cons
A very adequate beginner job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mcdonough, GAAugust 31, 2015
This was not a difficult job to learn, and would be great for anybody starting out in the workforce. The salary was not great, and there were virtually no benefits. There was a variety in the co-workers that I had, good and bad. It was a good starter job overall.
Fun but hard work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2016
schedules are not managed well
lacking of crew every afternoon shifts
I enjoy working but it makes me sad that they don't manage our schedules properly and if someone call and sick they don't find someone to replace for the sick crew.
Pros
Friendly Workmates
Cons
Lack of management
its fun but a hard job
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2016
most busy days we are short staff so everybody needs to do extra work than usual. the co workers are fun to work with they are friendly and hard working. The hardest part of the job is to deal with those stubborn customers.
Pros
free lunches paid breaks
Cons
short staff
It was a good job
Front Desk Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 7, 2016
It was alright, as it was difficult in some way or the other. If you were new you were typically told to do all the cleaning by the older employees. I was normally left alone to manage the front cashier because everyone else always focused on the drive thru.
Constant change in supervisors
Drive-Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 16, 2016
Loved the coworkers and job culture but disliked the way customers would often treat the employees. During my employment, four supervisors quit their jobs leading to a very unstable working environment. Would have been much more enjoyable with stable management employees could depend on.
Pros
Coworkers and job culture
Cons
Unstable management
Prodcutive workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 8, 2016
I enjoyed and got along with all the people I worked with. Very easy going environment. I liked going to work. The work was simple and easy to pick up on and my coworkers were very helpful and supportive.
Pros
Made friends, easy work, discounted food, good hours
Cons
Rude customers, occasional drama
good employment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 23, 2016
learned customer service skills and good coomunication skills. Preform multiple task and duties including greet customers, take orders and fulfil orders. As well as keeping workplace clean and disinfected.
Pros
great environment, fun employer
Cons
employee are unreliable, hours are long

2.8