Burger King Employee Reviews

Good work environmebt but cultural differences affects the work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Steveston, BC28 October 2016
Equality with employee
Availabilty of time for emoloyee has to be given equally
Working with the rest of employee was fun
Management should deal with every employees needs.
Working at night on consecutive days were hard, should have given me a chance to work on day shift as well
fun workplace to work in
Crew (Former Employee) –  Westville, NS8 December 2016
That place was good working environment,they IS team work, managers assist on working station if it busy,working hours are good they give employees 2days off
Pros
free lunch meals
Cons
long hours when working night shift
it was overall fun and very good learning experince
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC4 January 2017
The work as well as responsibility was alright I enjoyed my co-worker and I like to wake up and think about work. didn't enjoy the management that much. Pay was ok the shift they gave me was also good.
productive
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 December 2016
the company provided an in-site of management as well as working as an employee, servicing customers can provide positive feed backs. Customers have an impact on other work experiences
Cons
some days seemed longer than others
Burger King
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 December 2016
Long hours, rude customers, fun co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job was engaging with customers and getting to know their order every time they came by.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Rude customers
Productive and disicplined with great co workers
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 January 2017
The work was difficult but we all worked as a team and i had no displeasure with management who went out of their way to help us especially during closing.
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
heat
Fast-paced, fun environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON20 January 2017
It's a fun job, sometimes challenging. Meeting people from all over the world that are coming for vacation is really interesting. Management was always helpful and welcoming.
Fast pace enviroment
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Management1 December 2016
The franchise works under a well trained management. Flexible schedules and rotating shifts are given to each employee on a bi weekly basis. Team work is excellent and workers coordination ranks it at the best of all.
A great atmosphere to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 February 2016
The co workers were awesome made the day go by fast I have learned a lot in my years of burger king. Management has been great we had some good ones that have come and go. The hardest part of the job is if your short staff and it is busy and if your not fast enough then costumers get mad at you even when it is not your fault. The one good thing about working there is they are flexible on the schedule if you need time off then you can get it.
Pros
free drinks and flexible on schedules
Cons
no raises
Easier then msot
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC7 January 2017
The work wasn't too hard. Tasks were easy to learn, and not much pressure was put onto servers' shoulders. Management was great, and the hours were flexible.
My first management job.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2017
It was my first management job. I learned how to interact, serve, and make life long customers of the people you meet for the first time in your life, very fast!
Pros
Cons
Fast food
Productive, Fast Pace, Fun and also Stressful
Cashier, Fry Cook, Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 June 2016
A typical day at work is like a circus, there are orders literally secounds after orders, you have to make sandwiches as fast and neat as possible while keeping your area clean and keeping up with the expected level of intensity of the environment.
The management are very strict, but they have to be to keep the place intact.
The hardest part of the job is the maintenance, filtering the oil, cleaning hood, filters, broiler, fry station and fryer.
The most enjoyable part of work is the staff.
The job at Burger King inside Square One shopping center was incredibly difficult at first but after a few months I was able to adapt to the intensity of the workplace.
Pros
Discount on Food
Cons
Maintenance
Not pleasant
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON24 November 2016
Management was not well trained, and not very respectful to their employees. I always dreaded going to work and facing management. Overall, worst job I've ever had
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Management, non-flexible hours
Constant change in supervisors
Drive-Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 May 2016
Loved the coworkers and job culture but disliked the way customers would often treat the employees. During my employment, four supervisors quit their jobs leading to a very unstable working environment. Would have been much more enjoyable with stable management employees could depend on.
Pros
Coworkers and job culture
Cons
Unstable management
Great Employer
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 November 2016
Loved it , was a professional setting the management team was very willing to teach me and work around my schedule for school. Upgraded my skills and abilities
Experience and knowledge starter.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 February 2016
At Burger King I started as a crew member and was a student graduating high school going into college. At first it was a job to make some extra money until I started working there and as the time went on I grew to enjoy the job. A typical day was an after school shift where I worked either drive thru, cash, or food preparation. Every day was a learning experience because I was just starting off and had to learn and understand the job. The management staff always changing because there were promotions, managers quiting, and being terminated but overrall they were good. My coworkers were amazing got to grow with them and we helped each other all the time. The hardest part about this job was that I was fresh and never had a job until Burger King. The most enjoyable part is the fact that i was able to join a company and grow with it, I was promoted and a supervisor for 5 years.
Pros
Where I built my experience
Cons
Didn't work out
Diety work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC9 December 2016
Better management would be needed, place is smelly and dirty.m anager don't take care of new workers. Nothing is explained.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No free lunches
Easy place to work at
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 October 2016
Burger King is an easy and fun place to work at. As long as you're nice to your Co workers and the management, it is guaranteed a great experience for you.
Pros
Dicounts on food
fun work place
Crew member & Kitchen cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 November 2016
pretty good work place with friendly coworkers and helpful management and senior leaders.working there was fun and not too much of stress we went through.
Face paced and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 February 2016
A typical work day at Burger King, consisted of dealing with customers through the shifts and taking orders, also a lot of cleaning was involved in this job (kitchen, bathrooms, dining rooms, trays).
I learned a lot from this job since it was my first real world job. I learned a lot of people skills and know how to deal with customers in sticky situations. I also learned how to properly use my time management skills.
My experience with the management here was alright, but I would have like to see certain issues around the work place resolved faster. My experience with the co-workers at Burger King was phenomenal, I loved everybody I had a chance to work with here. The hardest part of the job was getting orders to people in a certain amount of time, but we always managed with team work. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating strong relationships with my co-workers.
Pros
Met a lot of good people, learned a lot of new skills that could help me in the future

2.8