Burger King Employee Reviews

Of Burger King
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON27 May 2016
Burger king provided me with sufficient hours of work each week. The managers were very understanding and willing to help when needed. The hardest part of the job was coming out of the comfort zone with some tasks, such as frequently multitasking with kitchen duties and cashier duties. My co-workers were very easy to get along with, they were almost like a second family. I learned how to put more important priorities first and also how to work along side my co-workers to provide the best service for our costumers.
Pros
sufficient hours
Cons
My personal time management
Poorly managed and trained
Drive-Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 April 2016
- poorly trained and managed were the biggest setbacks to working at Burger King
- workers did not know what they were doing
- some workers got special treatment
- overall got along with my co-workers, but some members of management were not approachable
Pros
discount meals
Cons
long hours, poor training
fun work place
Crew member & Kitchen cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 November 2016
pretty good work place with friendly coworkers and helpful management and senior leaders.working there was fun and not too much of stress we went through.
Fast pace enviroment
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Management1 December 2016
The franchise works under a well trained management. Flexible schedules and rotating shifts are given to each employee on a bi weekly basis. Team work is excellent and workers coordination ranks it at the best of all.
Poor/Unorganized Management
Crew (Current Employee) –  401 Eastbound Woodstock12 May 2016
Overall, working at Burger King has been a somewhat decent experience. It seems like every day I am there it just starts to blend together. Doing the same things over and over again. Coming off of being a Golf Professional I decided to return back to school and the this was a decent income while I was in school. We have gone through some management changes lately and it seems to be very unorganized and coming from a past management position it seems very unprofessional and unorganized the route they are taking.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Pay for Meals
Not pleasant
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON24 November 2016
Management was not well trained, and not very respectful to their employees. I always dreaded going to work and facing management. Overall, worst job I've ever had
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Management, non-flexible hours
Great Employer
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 November 2016
Loved it , was a professional setting the management team was very willing to teach me and work around my schedule for school. Upgraded my skills and abilities
Easy place to work at
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 October 2016
Burger King is an easy and fun place to work at. As long as you're nice to your Co workers and the management, it is guaranteed a great experience for you.
Pros
Dicounts on food
Productive and Friendly workers
Kitchen Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2016
After working at Burger King i learned to work as a team more effectively. A typical day at work there is made up of me preparing different meals in the kitchen and some days I work as a cashier. My co-workers are very friendly and always help me out if i did not know something. The hardest part of the job is during lunch hours when they are a lot of people. This is the most busiest time of the day. The most enjoyable part is when you meet nice customers who appreciate your work. Sometimes customers would acknowledge quality customer services and say stuff like keep up the good work.
Pros
50% off for employeesó
Cons
Very fast pace environment
Fun but hard work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2016
schedules are not managed well
lacking of crew every afternoon shifts
I enjoy working but it makes me sad that they don't manage our schedules properly and if someone call and sick they don't find someone to replace for the sick crew.
Pros
Friendly Workmates
Cons
Lack of management
An unforgettable experience
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 April 2016
A typical day at burger king as a shift coordinator is as you come in is to check the schedule and make sure everyone is there and make sure you position them in their right position. Then you count the safe and using new cashes. Then you take the temperatures of the products in the kitchen. While doing all these tasks you still make sure the customer service provided is excellent. The hardest part of the job is when someone doesn't show up and you need to fill up their space. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you provide an excellent job while having fun with the team.
Pros
Management experience
Cons
Late night shifts
Productive and fun place
Counter Crew (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 September 2016
I work part time in here in the afternoon. It's a fast paced, learned to communicate well with other persons, great management
fast paced environment
cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2016
a fast paced environment with nice co-worker, worked all around from cashier to cleaning, I've leaned that working is not easy and and managing time from school to work is difficult but with hard work and persistent working can be fun. My co-workers are good at working together they were able to teach me how to work neatly in a fast pace for only a short period of time. the hardest park of work is time because i have a YMCA exchange program at the time i was working . The most enjoyable part of the job is being independent for the first time and learning adulthood
Pros
experience
Cons
workplace
Good first job, nothing otherwise.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 June 2016
Management was lazy, and very unprofessional as well as unproductive. Most employees were treated poorly, or ignored. I learned a lot from this work environment. Due to the conditions around me I was forced to work at a fast consistent pace by myself, or with very few co-workers while the majority went out back for smoke breaks.
Pros
Half off lunch, Working with peers
Cons
Behavior from staff
fantastic place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 March 2016
It requires a lots of skills to work here in Burger king like customer service,multi tasking,easily adapting,problem solving,diplomatic and time management.
Every day is different. I have to adapt to daily situation. My daily performance is based 60 percent on my team; where i have to work with a team of 5 to 10 different crew members.Their mood might not be the same every day. It is very necessary to read their mind at the beginning of their shift.
I find it easy to handle the customers.Even if in busy hours, effective communication can easily satisfy the customer needs
The more important thing that i am more focused in is to make sure that my customer leaves the door happily.
I dont mind in sacrificing my ego to keep a valuable customer
Fast paced environment with friendly customers and strong customer service
Up front and back staff, opener, closer (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON11 June 2016
A typical day at work I would be put wherever needed and be able to do the job efficiently and with a positive attitude whether up front, in the kitchen, dishes or cleaning. I learn to stay positive and not let customers who are grumpy or unpleasent not ruin my attitude, as well as be able to learn new skills and help provide customer satisfaction. I enjoyed many of my co-workers as well as the majority of the management team, however, on multiple occasions the management team was unorganized and did not follow some important HR procedures and requirements. The hardest part of the job was probably either being able to balance the tasks at hand and not get stressed in such a fast paced and demanding environment, or being able to handle several customer complaints per shift and correcting them, especially when a customer may not be particularly pleasant or cooperative. I enjoyed many aspects of the job despite this, including the team I work with, interacting with customers, helping customers and being in a fast paced and positive environment.
Pros
25% discount, interchangeable shifts and flexible hours.
Cons
Lack of hours during slow season, sometimes unreasonable management, bad scheduling
Fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 August 2016
Fun workplace. Co-workers are great. It gets monotonous but I like working there.

Typical day is you prep the ingredients and make sandwiches, grill burgers, stack the products and wash dishes.
Pros
free lunches
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS9 August 2016
Coworkers were fun and friendly to work with, not many problems with customer service or production efficiency; so long as everyone is doing their job correctly.
Pros
Paid breaks
Hard-working job!
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 March 2016
You're on your feet your whole shift (besides your break). Things can get uncomfortable because of the heat and the consistent burning oil. Management wasn't the best, but they were somewhat reasonable when I had certain needs (for ex. hours). Co-workers were friendly. I learned how to problem solve, become a leader, work with a team, be organized, and communicate in a professional way with customers. I would also have to maintain the cleanliness of the diner, the backroom, the kitchen, the kids play area, etc. I would have to take out the garbage when they were on the verge of being full. The hardest part of the job was when it was busy (especially on Whopper Wednesday). You never seem to get a break on that day. The most enjoyable part of the job was acquiring certain skills I've never had before, along with getting some job experience. Overall it was a fun experience, but I would personally not go into Food Services again.
Pros
Discounts on Meals
Cons
Inconvenient Hours
Fast paced, friendly environment.
Kitchen Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Confederation Park, SK9 August 2016
It was always fun going to work, knowing i had a job. Burger king was my first job that turned out to be long term because i really enjoyed the employees and management at the time.

2.8