Burger King Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun to work with different people, every day as exciting day , managing shifts cos and team members.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 10, 2016
one day i was working and i had customer in very bad mood. He just started screaming at me without ordering anything. I try to call to him but he was keep screaming . Then i offer him water and drink . After drinking water, he got calm down and told me he wasn't mad at me . He had personal reasons. He had only $5 for food .He was upset because he was thinking he can't buy food in $5. Then i show him in menu what can he buy. He was very happy with service and at the end , he thank to me. I was happy i was able to make him happy and help him what he was looking for.
Pros
free meals
Cons
sometime overnight work
Of Burger King
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 27, 2016
Burger king provided me with sufficient hours of work each week. The managers were very understanding and willing to help when needed. The hardest part of the job was coming out of the comfort zone with some tasks, such as frequently multitasking with kitchen duties and cashier duties. My co-workers were very easy to get along with, they were almost like a second family. I learned how to put more important priorities first and also how to work along side my co-workers to provide the best service for our costumers.
Pros
sufficient hours
Cons
My personal time management
pretty good
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 29, 2016
cant complain
how to make a whopper with my eyes closed
pretty good
awesome
not really any hard part too the job
going home.
Pros
free food sometimes
Cons
Front Cashier/ Floor worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NLFebruary 25, 2016
Very fair place to work. Great Team work and product of food is satisfactory.Hours of work is well timed out every shift. management is good and shift supervisors did a awesome job
Pros
discount on food
Cons
favortism
Poor/Unorganized Management
Crew (Current Employee) –  401 Eastbound WoodstockMay 12, 2016
Overall, working at Burger King has been a somewhat decent experience. It seems like every day I am there it just starts to blend together. Doing the same things over and over again. Coming off of being a Golf Professional I decided to return back to school and the this was a decent income while I was in school. We have gone through some management changes lately and it seems to be very unorganized and coming from a past management position it seems very unprofessional and unorganized the route they are taking.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Pay for Meals
A workplace where one can polish his or her customer services skills and learn how to handle difficult situations.
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Multi-tasking, People skills, Management, Planning for and achieving target or goals.

Adept customer skills, Very understanding co-workers.
Good place to work for highschool/college students
Restaurant Worker (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONNovember 25, 2015
The Burger King I presently work at has a high turn-over rate and the majority are part time highschool students. I've been working at Burger King for a year and half and it's serviced me and my wallet well but i need a change of scenery and need to start finding a job in my specified field. I work hard and take pride in my work even if it is just flipping burgers and taking the person's money, but I feel like sometimes i'm one of the only ones truly working there.
Cheap Cheap Cheap
Shift co (Former Employee) –  WinnipegOctober 25, 2015
Redberry are CHEAP. No benefits. No raises. Don't pay their bills. Treat managers & staff poorly. Can't pay / won't pay their bills. Don't pay promised bonus.
Pros
NONE! Time for a union
Cons
Cheap. Have no idea how important it is to have happy employees
Enjoyable wordplace with awesome co workers
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NLDecember 28, 2015
Customers are usually nice but you get a lot of people that can be hard to get along with, fortunately you learn quick how to deal with upset customers.
Management was wonderful, really easy to get along with as well as the co workers. Most enjoyable thing about the job was the people you worked with.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No break room
Fast pace environment that can be fun depending on the co-works on that shift
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Some nice co-workers, some not so nice. Working at a fast pace on drive thru. Management was sometimes very demanding. It was hard constantly being talked down to and not responding or reacting to the ill treatment at times. I enjoyed going to work otherwise.
Pros
Free lunch benefit
Cons
Sometime uncoordinated
My Work Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 15, 2016
My experience working at Burger King was fun and easy going. I've learnt that my co-workers are very friendly and easy to work with. If I needed to cover my shift, I was able to ask a co-worker to work for me. The hardest part of the job was the co-workers always spoke in their other language after having a customer who gave them a hard time. But overall I enjoyed working at Burger King serving the customers, meeting new customers everyday and working with my co-workers as a team to get the job done.
working with friendly people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 13, 2016
I worked a kitchen staff preparing, cooking and making burgers for the customers. When working in a fast phase environment teamwork is very important. You can make things faster when two or more people are working. The hardest part of the job is when we hit by a rush and we don't have enough people or someone didn't showed up. The most enjoyable part is when you were able to serve all the orders in efficient way and you satisfied the customers
Pros
free meal after 5hrs shift
Productive and Fun Work Place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Management is supportive and helpful. Working there I have learned how to provide excellent customer service. The customer's needs are your priority.
Part time cashier
Cashier, Drive (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 17, 2016
it was a great place to work. Everyone was very friendly and worked together great. The hours where good. They have benefits for fulltime staff.
Teamwork
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Burger king allowed me to work as a team and interact with customers. This job also helped me build skills and work much faster and more efficient. My time management and organization skills also improved.
Pros
breaks
Cons
minimuim wage
excellent workplace
assistant in the kitchen (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 26, 2015
I have worked at burger king, not for long but long enough to recognize the work environment and the management team. It was a friendly environment and my co-workers were incredibly kind and fun to work with. I enjoyed working there as a start up job, I liked the experience.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
cleaning the place up
productive and fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ONJanuary 21, 2016
while this company was in business it was an enjoyable company to be employed by. Every opportunity of advancement was provided to the employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
late hours
I have a growing passion to work with people.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 29, 2016
I am a strong believer in working hard and doing what it takes to always better myself. I enjoy working with people either collectively in a group or independently. I have strong verbal and communication skills, I am also a hard worker with good work ethics and a strong willingness to learn. A typical day at work would be greeting customers with a warm welcoming smile and how can I help you today as they place their order. I feel I have a lot to offer when it comes to customer service. Problem solving is a topic I find I do well in and I take initiative in all situations in order to do my best each and every day. Management has a big role to cover and at times I know things can get stressful, however I try to help in anyway possible be it delegating tasks or any additional tasks that will help them relax. The hardest part of the job would have to be ensuring everyone works together and doesn't get frustrated during peak rush times throughout the day. The most enjoyable and rewarding time of the day, is seeing your customers not only walk on with a smile after your transaction together but to build a lasting relationship with them so they come back to your particular business. It is key for your customers to leave satisfied and happy before they leave. I have learned that people are all different and we always, at work, want to make our internal and external customers happy but cannot always do so. Therefore, we find a way that works for them, we meet those people half way and compromise.
Pros
Free donuts and hot beverages
Cons
standing for long periods at a time
Good first job, nothing otherwise.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 3, 2016
Management was lazy, and very unprofessional as well as unproductive. Most employees were treated poorly, or ignored. I learned a lot from this work environment. Due to the conditions around me I was forced to work at a fast consistent pace by myself, or with very few co-workers while the majority went out back for smoke breaks.
Pros
Half off lunch, Working with peers
Cons
Behavior from staff
Fast paced environment with friendly customers and strong customer service
Up front and back staff, opener, closer (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONJune 11, 2016
A typical day at work I would be put wherever needed and be able to do the job efficiently and with a positive attitude whether up front, in the kitchen, dishes or cleaning. I learn to stay positive and not let customers who are grumpy or unpleasent not ruin my attitude, as well as be able to learn new skills and help provide customer satisfaction. I enjoyed many of my co-workers as well as the majority of the management team, however, on multiple occasions the management team was unorganized and did not follow some important HR procedures and requirements. The hardest part of the job was probably either being able to balance the tasks at hand and not get stressed in such a fast paced and demanding environment, or being able to handle several customer complaints per shift and correcting them, especially when a customer may not be particularly pleasant or cooperative. I enjoyed many aspects of the job despite this, including the team I work with, interacting with customers, helping customers and being in a fast paced and positive environment.
Pros
25% discount, interchangeable shifts and flexible hours.
Cons
Lack of hours during slow season, sometimes unreasonable management, bad scheduling