Burger King Employee Reviews

Good for starting off, not so much for a long-term job.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 March 2017
For a starting job, this is the way to go. The pay is fine, and the environment is perfect for those wanting to get into the fast-food business. But for anyone with ambition to become a Chef, I don't recommend it. Any kind of fast-food establishment will give you general, if not basic kitchen experience.
Pros
Discounted meals, Experience in the kitchen environment, Experience all around in sanitation.
Cons
Long hours, May have to deal with 'interesting' customers.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON29 March 2017
staff is awesome, very fun to work with. management is great! besides the fact that they pay minimum wage its a great place to work, especially for a first job!
Fun place
Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oregon29 March 2017
Working there a greatplace good people nice working down pressure is fun some schedule days working like a cook some day cook. I would like to work over there
Good Place To work
Halifax - Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia29 March 2017
Overall great place to work. Supportive team environment. Lots of learning opportunities, fast paced, and a great challenge. A mix of sales, management, service, etc.
Fun and fast workplace
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 March 2017
Always had a great time going to work. The days always went by fast and fun. Always looked forward to going to work the next day and seing the regular customers come in.
horrible
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC28 March 2017
The manager was probably the worst I've ever had. This was my first job and made me not ever want to work. Training was bad and would never recommend working here.
Pros
discount
Cons
everything
okay job, shouldn't work there for more than 1 year though
Cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 March 2017
Most important thing I learned was probably how to operate under stress.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with people (both customers and co workers)
Cons
Should have free lunches
Fast Food
Prep Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 March 2017
had a very good experince with this company seen people come and go but for the good had proper training in all areas and uniform was included mangers were great on all shifts and was always there to lend a helping hand when needed
It's okay
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 March 2017
Working at Burger King was a good first time experience with working. Burger King provided me with a glimpse of reality of fast food. I learned how to work fast and in a busy environment. However, there are times when I am given tasks that are out of my responsibility or I have no qualifications to perform, like nightly maintenance. And the management team is disorganized.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Busy, lack of cohesiveness
work experience
cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 March 2017
my burger king experience is really good i improve my customer service skill. i have lots customer like as friends. over all i learn lots new things. its really good to gain my self confidence.
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 March 2017
Management does not care about employees and never encourage them to do a better job. Management is not reasonable. Working conditions are not good. Management does not have proper solution for problems instead employees are asked to fix the problem. Most of the equipment have problems so its hard to work. During peak sale hours staff is always short and its very overwhelming environment. Sick calls are accepted if only replacement is found if employee doesnt show up even after sick call in next weeks schedule employee doesnt get enough hours
Horrible and Disorganised
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB20 March 2017
Burger king was horrible and disorganized because they did not have there stuff together before they opened. They never had things prepared , workers never showed up , customers constantly unhappy .
fun loving workplace with amazing co workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 March 2017
good working conditions
proper facilities are provided
amazing co-workers
managers helps a lot
managers motivates a lot
all the co workers are helpful
fun co workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 March 2017
not reccomended working here specially in surrey central city mall branch because no benefits only have vacation pay . no increase hour rate for 6 months. after 3 years they increase your hour rate for only .60 cents.
Pros
free foods
Cons
the hour rate is only 10.25 and after 3 yrs working here they increase only .60 cents
productive workplace, awsome staff
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 March 2017
I was a shift coordinator at burger king for 2 years. The staff i worked with were very friendly and hard working. The manahement team was there for us all the rime to answer questions and help solve any problems that may of arose.
Pros
free lunches, good salary
Cons
none really
overall good learning experience for the young
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 March 2017
they treated me fairly and promoted me from within the lower ranks. gave me a job immediately when i was out of work and just starting from the beginning. as a young person at the time they enabled me to live and learn and be a positive influence on the community.
nice place
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 March 2017
making sure everything ran smooth everyday.
learned management skills.
friendly management team.
hardest thing keeping staff busy.
most enjoyable part of job was making customers happy and getting compliments
Pros
great hours
Cons
place to small
demanding
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2017
Management is very disorganized. Employees need to be independent and ready for long shifts as well as unusual shifts. Trained in everything therefore you become very versatile. Helps develop quick learning and customer service skills. Team members are welcoming.
Its a good place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 March 2017
It's really easy job and fun. You get to meet good customers . I love working there. People who works there are good too. I got best experience of dealing with customers from there .
Pros
If a customer is mad we give free fries or something as an apology
Cons
Good hohrs
customer service
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON12 March 2017
I learned the importance of speed of service. Which means getting the food out to the guests in a quick and timely manner. I learned how to do inventory, knowing what is in the store and what we needed so the store does not run out.
Pros
free lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8