Burger King Employee Reviews

good place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  2919 Queen St E, Brampton, ON L6V 4K224 January 2018
Good workplace culture, friendly employees. Fast paced but not extremely difficult. Good managers, clean work environment. Decent pay and decent hours.
hard work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC24 January 2018
there is no good management in our restaurant and we do not have any general manager yet. Staff is not friendly and there is no good bus service on this side
Pros
free meel
Cons
hard work
productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 January 2018
I worked in the back of the house, making burgers and sandwiches, I learned in this Job how to work in a fast pace environment and how to be familiarized with different kinds of people. i have no problem with the management. the hardest part of the job is when the people ask for too much even though you already gave your 100 percent in your workplace. but I enjoy working in this company a lot.
Pros
free food, great people
Fun Workplace
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON21 January 2018
A typical day at work was fast & you need to know what your doing
Always be prepared to learn new things.
Great crew members, enjoyed being part of a team
Administrative Functions
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 January 2018
The company is very supportive and the there is a lot of chance for growth and advancement. The only reason why I am writing this post is because of the possibility of the store will shut down soon (business owner's decision). So, it's for my family and personal security reason.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Long Hours
Great environment to work in
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Victoria park and danforth19 January 2018
Had a good time working and understanding the industry of Burger King. Also the manager and my co workers mad it fun to work with. them but all in all it was a great experience.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Less hours
Burgerking
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 January 2018
It was an okay work environment. Some people didn't get along. But overall the job was a great one and I had a lot of fun working there. Great job and nice people
Great Work Environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 January 2018
A typical day at work for a crew member at Burger King included many different responsibilities. Such as money handling, providing customer service, and cleaning. As my first fast food job I learned many things over the past two years when I worked there. I learned how to deal with customers and employees professionally in a high intensity environment. As for the management there all I can say is that it was excellent, including with the workplace culture. Everyone was very friendly and fun to be around, our 'BK family" would have holiday potlucks/ work get together's. Throughout the two years I worked there the hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers but I quickly learned how to appropriately handle those situations, and was no longer difficult . The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have the power to change someone's day by being extra nice while on the job to customers.
At the start work was good.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Redcliff, AB17 January 2018
I started off fantastic. then slowly everything fell apart. I started losing hours, they stopped calling me, lying to me about not being able to afford works but each time I went into the restaurant, there was new people. So I just quit
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Lies and No shifts
making the bugers and making friends
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 January 2018
I had fun they the people and the boss were great and love the people because they always made it fun and they it easy because they always help when I ask
It’s kinda okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC14 January 2018
Burger king in prince george doesn’t have any applicating forms and they don’t clean their dishes properly. They just give it a quick scrub and rinse.
Overall pretty horrid.
Cashier, Drive-thru (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS11 January 2018
Management is biased and terrible. Customers openly harass you consistently and nothing will be done about it. Problematic workers do not get fired or cut hours whereas honest mistakes for diligent employees can make you lose up to 16 hours weekly for a consistent time period despite working there for years due to favoritism. If you do good, you're expected to be worked like a dog. Only good thing was the friends I've made during my time there, which is different for everyone but isn't really a legitimate positive as a whole for the company. It's the only good thing I've got for it, however.
Pros
Fantastic coworkers.
Cons
No job advancement, management is horrendous and biased, terrible hours with very little opportunity to get more.
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dixie, ON11 January 2018
I loved working here. people are great. job is time consuming. I didn't want to leave because of all this but I moved so therefore my reason for leaving. recommended for anyone. HOWEVER it gets extremely hot during the summer and extremely cold during the winter, if working through drive thru
Great People
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS9 January 2018
I was greatly liked and treated very well at this job. I did a lot of leading and worked a lot of hours because of how well I performed.

A typical day at work would have been me taking drive-thru orders and getting them to the customers within time limits of around 2 minutes. It was a lot of multi-tasking and working fastly but carefully.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Unpaid breaks
Not much to say
Customer Service Representative / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 January 2018
There is too much to say about Burger KIng it was cool to work there and just sometimes hang out when it wasn't so busy but it was just so boring there and going that far to work didn't seem practical
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
annoying customers
great job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Crémazie, QC2 January 2018
great job to have very nice manager, learned a lot about customer service. everyone is super friendly, a very hard working environment but still very enjoyable.
Fun
Crew (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB2 January 2018
Honestly was a great place to work! I never had a issue with any of my co workers or the management. The manager was really understanding when I had to take time off to deal with family matters.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Its ok to make friends but horrible to work at
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2018
I enjoyed my time at burger king and made some good friends but to be honest the work was unnecessarily stressful and complicated at times and management is absolutely horrible. I had a funeral to go to and my manager made me feel bad and basically fired me for saying i need to mourn which is why i quit. The people i met there are great and made the job bearable but at the same time i wouldn't recommend anyone stay there longer than it takes to make and pay for a burger. Also you still have to pay for food so nah wouldnt recommend
Fast pace
Cashier/Food Prepare/ Packager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 January 2018
fast-paced, good communication, good customer experience, good teamwork skills, strong ability to understand and follow instructions in a hectic working environment.
Pros
Good lunches
Cons
Great place to gain work experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON27 December 2017
The staff was very unreasonable and as not fair to an outside work life. It was a great experience to gain customer service and learning what its like in the workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

56.4K