Burger King Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee), Regina, SKMarch 4, 2016
In my opinion its a fun place to work in a fast pace environment and I really enjoy a lot working there.Helpful and friendly staff
Great co-workers and managers.
Employee - Part time (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMarch 2, 2016
Nice co-workers with well trained managers. I learned how to construct hamburgers. Hardest part of the job was making everything fast while being sanitary and safe.
I have a growing passion to work with people.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: Free donuts and hot beverages
Cons: standing for long periods at a time
I am a strong believer in working hard and doing what it takes to always better myself. I enjoy working with people either collectively in a group or independently. I have strong verbal and communication skills, I am also a hard worker with good work ethics and a strong willingness to learn. A typical day at work would be greeting customers with a warm welcoming smile and how can I help you today as they place their order. I feel I have a lot to offer when it comes to customer service. Problem solving is a topic I find I do well in and I take initiative in all situations in order to do my best each and every day. Management has a big role to cover and at times I know things can get stressful, however I try to help in anyway possible be it delegating tasks or any additional tasks that will help them relax. The hardest part of the job would have to be ensuring everyone works together and doesn't get frustrated during peak rush times throughout the day. The most enjoyable and rewarding time of the day, is seeing your customers not only walk on with a smile after your transaction together but to build a lasting relationship with them so they come back to your particular business. It is key for your customers to leave satisfied and happy before they leave. I have learned that people are all different and we always, at work, want to make our internal and external customers happy but cannot always do so. Therefore, we find a way that works for them, we meet those people half way and compromise.
A workplace where one can polish his or her customer services skills and learn how to handle difficult situations.
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Multi-tasking, People skills, Management, Planning for and achieving target or goals.

Adept customer skills, Very understanding co-workers.
Great workplace
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 27, 2016
Pros: got 50% for lunch/diner
Cons: slow days some days
I have worked with many people and had no problems with co-workers and management.
We had busy days and slow days but in the end it's still a great workplace.
Being Cashier was easy but making burgers wasn't that easy. more training needs there.
I enjoyed working with everyone.
Front Cashier/ Floor worker (Former Employee), Grand Falls-Windsor, NLFebruary 25, 2016
Pros: discount on food
Cons: favortism
Very fair place to work. Great Team work and product of food is satisfactory.Hours of work is well timed out every shift. management is good and shift supervisors did a awesome job
Productive and Fun Work Place
Cashier (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Management is supportive and helpful. Working there I have learned how to provide excellent customer service. The customer's needs are your priority.
Productive / multi tasking
Cashier/Kitchen (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Pros: FRIENDLY WORK ENVIRONMENT
Cons: SHORT STAFF, LONG HOURS
This was one of the jobs I loved to stay in only because the team I worked with at the time were extremely friendly it was like a family in this company but the only con about working here was that they were always short staff and it was irritating to have to work long stressful hours because it was short staff, extra stress was put on to each team member but over all its a great work place environment to learn customer service skills and to master multitasking starting at the age of 16
Part time cashier
Cashier, Drive (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 17, 2016
it was a great place to work. Everyone was very friendly and worked together great. The hours where good. They have benefits for fulltime staff.
Experience and knowledge starter.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Pros: Where I built my experience
Cons: Didn't work out
At Burger King I started as a crew member and was a student graduating high school going into college. At first it was a job to make some extra money until I started working there and as the time went on I grew to enjoy the job. A typical day was an after school shift where I worked either drive thru, cash, or food preparation. Every day was a learning experience because I was just starting off and had to learn and understand the job. The management staff always changing because there were promotions, managers quiting, and being terminated but overrall they were good. My coworkers were amazing got to grow with them and we helped each other all the time. The hardest part about this job was that I was fresh and never had a job until Burger King. The most enjoyable part is the fact that i was able to join a company and grow with it, I was promoted and a supervisor for 5 years.
Nice place with lots of learning
Crew Member (Current Employee), Kanata, ONFebruary 13, 2016
I found this place pretty good with nice crew. I work as a part time employee and its good to meet new customers every day. However, situation becomes complex in terms of delivering orders on time, no matter how fast you are!
very hard work but very rewarding
Employee (Former Employee), Tillsonburg, ONFebruary 13, 2016
when it came to this it was long hard hours of work but you meet new people and challenge yourself everyday to do better.If you dont like to get a little dirty this isnt the job for you.
A great atmosphere to work.
Cashier (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 13, 2016
Pros: free drinks and flexible on schedules
Cons: no raises
The co workers were awesome made the day go by fast I have learned a lot in my years of burger king. Management has been great we had some good ones that have come and go. The hardest part of the job is if your short staff and it is busy and if your not fast enough then costumers get mad at you even when it is not your fault. The one good thing about working there is they are flexible on the schedule if you need time off then you can get it.
Productive and Fun enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), King City, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: free lunch, long hours
Cons: too much cleaning
I usually do cashier as soon as i start my shift. after break my supervisor will recruit me to the back where the items are refrigerated and kept frozen and from there i have date and organize all food items correspondingly.
my co workers are now my closest friends and have been very supportive ever since i have started the job.
the hardest part of my job is organizing the products during delivery days, where all food products will be delivered.

the most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co workers
Face paced and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Met a lot of good people, learned a lot of new skills that could help me in the future
Cons: Long hours
A typical work day at Burger King, consisted of dealing with customers through the shifts and taking orders, also a lot of cleaning was involved in this job (kitchen, bathrooms, dining rooms, trays).
I learned a lot from this job since it was my first real world job. I learned a lot of people skills and know how to deal with customers in sticky situations. I also learned how to properly use my time management skills.
My experience with the management here was alright, but I would have like to see certain issues around the work place resolved faster. My experience with the co-workers at Burger King was phenomenal, I loved everybody I had a chance to work with here. The hardest part of the job was getting orders to people in a certain amount of time, but we always managed with team work. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating strong relationships with my co-workers.
good place to work at
Laborer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: good environment to work at
Cons: transportaion wasnt good dont drive
fun place to work at good people to work with managers were great staff was easy to get along with hours were good just hard to get there
not a very clean work place
ON­ Full­time closer­ Sandwich maker­August (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 31, 2016
there was mold in this place in the basement were the workers get changed and they also tought us to reset the expiry times on things rather than discard the expired product.
Productive and enjoyable place to work- Burger king
Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Discounts on food purchases
Cons: Long hours, fast paced environment
a typical day at work be the usual, working at the back making the orders, i have learnt to make the items on the burger king menu. Such as the Whopper, Big king, Double Stacker, Chicken Nuggets, etc. My co-workers at this work place were very supporting when I first started off and were very helpful till the very end. The hardest part of the job was at the beginning when I first started off, since it was a fast-food franchise, the work done needed to be fast-paced/
The most enjoyable part of this work was that when I worked at the front as a cashier, i got to meet new people, serve them, and get most new experience out of it.
working in burger king is great
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: free manager meal
Cons: lees hours in winter time
It is fun and good to work in BurgerKing. I learned how to manage people etc., people/ crew are warm and energetic. the hardest part of my job is when we are busy and your crew is not coming to work or late. The rest i like to everything in burgerking.
Fun work environment
Cashier/Cook/Drive-Thru (Former Employee), Crossfield, ABJanuary 25, 2016
I loved working with people. This was a Great first job in high school. I gained customer service knowledge. As well as how to preform in stressful situations.
Headquarters