Burger King Employee Reviews

NOT FLEXIBLE WITH CREWS SCHEDULE, UNORGANIZED, NO BENEFITS, NO RAISE
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB2 December 2015
I WORKED AT BK FOR 2 YEARS AS A SHIFT COORDINATOR. MY 1ST RGM NEVER ASKED ME OR ANY OF MY TEAM ABOUT OUR AVAILABILITY. WE FOLLOW THE SCHEDULE ACCORDING TO THE MANAGERS "WANTS". WE CANT ASK FOR DAY OFF UNLESS WE EXPLAIN WHY WE NEED IT AND IF ITS REALLY IMPORTANT. SOMETIMES THERE IS ONLY 3 PEOPLE ON THE FLOOR, 1 MAIN BOARD, 1 DT, AND 1 FRONT COUNTER. DURING LUNCH RUSH ITS CHAOS! FOR 2 YEARS OF WORKING THEY ONLY GAVE US 1 RAISE. THE RGM TOLD US IF WE DO NOT LIKE THE WAY HE HANDLE THE RESTAURANT WE CAN LOOK FOR OTHER JOB BECAUSE HE SAID "ITS MY WAY OR HI-WAY" SO MOST OF US LEFT.
Pros
HALF PRICE WHOPPER??
Cons
EVERYTHING
fun workplace to work in
Crew (Former Employee) –  Westville, NS8 December 2016
That place was good working environment,they IS team work, managers assist on working station if it busy,working hours are good they give employees 2days off
Pros
free lunch meals
Cons
long hours when working night shift
Good work environmebt but cultural differences affects the work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Steveston, BC28 October 2016
Equality with employee
Availabilty of time for emoloyee has to be given equally
Working with the rest of employee was fun
Management should deal with every employees needs.
Working at night on consecutive days were hard, should have given me a chance to work on day shift as well
Burger King
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 December 2016
Long hours, rude customers, fun co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job was engaging with customers and getting to know their order every time they came by.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Rude customers
They do not know how to run a business. The managment is terriable and it goes through staff like no tomorrow.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 January 2017
It sucks....I lovedmy job but didn't like who was running it at the time so I quit. I would go back there in a minute. But the management sucks. I miss my fellow employees but again they have to do something with the management.
Good Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON21 November 2016
I have started out as a employee, then up to management with in 4 months. I have had previous experience with them and Mcdonalds in the states. they like the rep that I got and then asked me if I wanted to become an assistant manager.
Productive and Friendly workers
Kitchen Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2016
After working at Burger King i learned to work as a team more effectively. A typical day at work there is made up of me preparing different meals in the kitchen and some days I work as a cashier. My co-workers are very friendly and always help me out if i did not know something. The hardest part of the job is during lunch hours when they are a lot of people. This is the most busiest time of the day. The most enjoyable part is when you meet nice customers who appreciate your work. Sometimes customers would acknowledge quality customer services and say stuff like keep up the good work.
Pros
50% off for employeesó
Cons
Very fast pace environment
Productive, Fast Pace, Fun and also Stressful
Cashier, Fry Cook, Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 June 2016
A typical day at work is like a circus, there are orders literally secounds after orders, you have to make sandwiches as fast and neat as possible while keeping your area clean and keeping up with the expected level of intensity of the environment.
The management are very strict, but they have to be to keep the place intact.
The hardest part of the job is the maintenance, filtering the oil, cleaning hood, filters, broiler, fry station and fryer.
The most enjoyable part of work is the staff.
The job at Burger King inside Square One shopping center was incredibly difficult at first but after a few months I was able to adapt to the intensity of the workplace.
Pros
Discount on Food
Cons
Maintenance
energetic and friendly work places
Cashier (workplace) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 August 2016
hard working person
the most enjoyable part of the job is to help the customer if needed and being friendly to the customer.
the hardest part of the job was to stand up all day and in a rush hour.
friendly, helping, and kind co workers
Pros
free lunches
fast paced environment
cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2016
a fast paced environment with nice co-worker, worked all around from cashier to cleaning, I've leaned that working is not easy and and managing time from school to work is difficult but with hard work and persistent working can be fun. My co-workers are good at working together they were able to teach me how to work neatly in a fast pace for only a short period of time. the hardest park of work is time because i have a YMCA exchange program at the time i was working . The most enjoyable part of the job is being independent for the first time and learning adulthood
Pros
experience
Cons
workplace
Enjoyable workplace, working 15 years at this chain
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2016
Our store is the busiest store in Scarborough. There is a great team here and our food service is gold standard. I have been training new employees from the YMCA recently. I have improved my teamwork and customer service skills. I do not find anything very hard/difficult at his job, I love working here. My favourite, most enjoyable part of the job is making sandwiches and preparing orders for our customers.
Pros
50% discount for employees
productive
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 December 2016
the company provided an in-site of management as well as working as an employee, servicing customers can provide positive feed backs. Customers have an impact on other work experiences
Cons
some days seemed longer than others
it was overall fun and very good learning experince
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC4 January 2017
The work as well as responsibility was alright I enjoyed my co-worker and I like to wake up and think about work. didn't enjoy the management that much. Pay was ok the shift they gave me was also good.
Fast pace enviroment
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Management1 December 2016
The franchise works under a well trained management. Flexible schedules and rotating shifts are given to each employee on a bi weekly basis. Team work is excellent and workers coordination ranks it at the best of all.
Not pleasant
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON24 November 2016
Management was not well trained, and not very respectful to their employees. I always dreaded going to work and facing management. Overall, worst job I've ever had
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Management, non-flexible hours
Good job for students
food handler (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 October 2016
Good job if your a full time student. Flexible hours and good crew. The operaturnities are there if you're eager. I learned everything I could learn about Burger King and I did my responsibilities and that's why I was given operatunities to move up.
Pros
potential to move up in the company.
Cons
you may be asked to work more or less then your scheduled shift.
It was difficult to work here, they dont give you enough training
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hartland, NB24 November 2016
They dont give you enough hours that they guarentee you, not only that they expect you to be as certain level in your training but dont take the time to train you. while working here i was designated to do dishes and thats it. Some co workers were very pleasant to work with but others not so much, they had favorites and cliques.
My first management job.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2017
It was my first management job. I learned how to interact, serve, and make life long customers of the people you meet for the first time in your life, very fast!
Pros
Cons
Fast food
Easier then msot
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC7 January 2017
The work wasn't too hard. Tasks were easy to learn, and not much pressure was put onto servers' shoulders. Management was great, and the hours were flexible.
Easy place to work at
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 October 2016
Burger King is an easy and fun place to work at. As long as you're nice to your Co workers and the management, it is guaranteed a great experience for you.
Pros
Dicounts on food

2.8