Burger King Employee Reviews

production okay, staff enjoy.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 September 2017
a typical day being a crew is giving satisfaction to the customers and provide them happy environment. Having fun while working make the work easy and the goal of the day is met. Our assistant store manager is a challenge for me while I'm working at Burger King. Everyday before going in I'm thinking how to satisfy the assistant manager and the result is just being honest to her and the work that has been given is beyond the expectation result.
Productive and fun work environment.
HMS Host (Former Employee) –  Tilbury, ON1 September 2017
As my first job, Burger King was a great way to start into working as it helped build my base skills on time management and multitasking and allowed me to apply myself more.
Awesome place have lots of good memories
Cook (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ON31 August 2017
Overall good place to work for a first job had lots of fun and made lots of new friends.
If you want to stay busy and get decent hours this is the place to be.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Busy
Co-Manager and Team Members has fun to be with
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  TriNoma Mall30 August 2017
Good Store, great work balance and there is a lot of work opportunity advancement. Nice place to work most especially our store was inside the mall. Peak store and more guest every day.
Pros
Lot of room for advancement
Cons
Long Hours
Good Company
flexible hours
responsible coworkers
Good working environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 August 2017
It is a positive working environment with friendly co-workers and management. Easy to learn and everyone is helpful. allows me to use my food handler certification skills
Excellent employer.
Shift Manager and Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON22 August 2017
Management is understanding and reasonable. Workplace is safe, clean and organized. Room for advancement from crew member to shift manager. Duties are fair and assigned on a daily basis. Customer service skills are a must.
Great learning experience
Crew Worker/General Labour (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 August 2017
General labour was an eye opener as to how things really work in the background. Positive team approach and everyone supports each other. Can be physical work at times.
Productive and fun workplace
cook/server and cleaner and cashier (Current Employee) –  North Battleford, SK20 August 2017
Well i start at 8 am and i start clening the parking lot and change garbage outside then come in and stock shelves and take customers orders and clean up after guests and end my shift at 4 pm. Well i learned how to work quickly and as a team player and how to work effectivelyand customer service.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough money
Great people to work with super friendly
Cashier/Boards (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON19 August 2017
Very sanitary very hard work cleaning and the cashier line in the kitchen floor hallway floor bathroom dishwasher area I would definitely go back if I could but I decided to move so now I'm looking for new work
great environment
AREA COACH/AREA MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia17 August 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job is to learn my mistake ,because for me Mistake is my income and great result is my revenue.
Working in Burger king Canada is a very great environment, staff are treated as family no matter who you are and where you from. when I hired people I always hired people who are smarter than me because his motivate me as well to challenge my self and I ensure that people I hired will contribute in the business as we grow.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not a good place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth16 August 2017
They dont even care about the employee. No progressive environment, No development opportunity. they wil never listen to you. work ethic is ver bad. managers treat people like nothing i can describe
As long as yo'rer not closing the job is good.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON15 August 2017
Although the location i worked at recently closed. The management was great and understanding. So long as you werent closing your only real job was to make the food which was actually pretty fun. Closing was another story though. That was a nightmare honestly. I could never get to go home on time. Not to mention so much dirty work, and dishes that you'd get sick from being wet after. Overall though it was actually a pretty rewarding highschool job.
Pros
50% off food.
Cons
Closing
Team environment for work and interacting with people daily
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 August 2017
A typical day at work involved interacting with team members and customers. You had to sometimes prepare the food in the kitchen. It also included taking payments from customers and serving customers with their orders.
typical work day
Cashier/Prep (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 August 2017
Work is very stressful. management is very poor, they dont know how to talk to people properly. The customers are fun to interact with though. Plus the day goes by every quickly but you dont get much hours per week.
Pros
50% lunches
Cons
poor management, poor hours
i had a good experience in burger king overall
Forklift Operator and general labour (Current Employee) –  Brampton, missisauga, on11 August 2017
hey there, as i am working only from 3 months i would say i love working in burger king its like a family. the internal environment is good and at last i will say i will love working here.thankyou
Pros
love the environment
Terrible Management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 August 2017
My employment at Burger King was the worst job I've Held. The shift management were very rude to crew members they didn't like or agree with and would make fun of fellow employees. The environment was homophobic, Islamophobic, and all around crude.
fast pased work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
The management of that store should take care of work atmosphere and rest of all is good being in that prime location store should be run 24x7 instead.
Fun and safe environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 August 2017
Working there was a great experience, great for a first job! I learned so much and everyone was so nice to me and didn't mind taking time to explain things
Pros
Discount
Cons
Getting burned
heavily understaffed, next to none managerial supervision/ management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 August 2017
Over worked staff at minimum pay due to awful understaffing. Store managers are couldn't care less. Job safety is non existent due to manager's lack of enthusiasm towards crew members. Those who work hard will pick up cover for those who slack, which is 80% of the staff and shift coordinators do nothing, they are usually part of said percentage.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Will drain the energy out of you for a pay that isn't worth it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8