Burger King Employee Reviews in Canada

Poor/Unorganized Management
Crew (Current Employee) –  401 Eastbound WoodstockMay 12, 2016
Overall, working at Burger King has been a somewhat decent experience. It seems like every day I am there it just starts to blend together. Doing the same things over and over again. Coming off of being a Golf Professional I decided to return back to school and the this was a decent income while I was in school. We have gone through some management changes lately and it seems to be very unorganized and coming from a past management position it seems very unprofessional and unorganized the route they are taking.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Pay for Meals
Good place to work for highschool/college students
Restaurant Worker (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONNovember 25, 2015
The Burger King I presently work at has a high turn-over rate and the majority are part time highschool students. I've been working at Burger King for a year and half and it's serviced me and my wallet well but i need a change of scenery and need to start finding a job in my specified field. I work hard and take pride in my work even if it is just flipping burgers and taking the person's money, but I feel like sometimes i'm one of the only ones truly working there.
amazing environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSDecember 13, 2015
if you are just starting out at a job this is perfect, the people are friendly and the management is understanding, great place to work
Pros
50% off food
Great workplace
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I have worked with many people and had no problems with co-workers and management.
We had busy days and slow days but in the end it's still a great workplace.
Being Cashier was easy but making burgers wasn't that easy. more training needs there.
I enjoyed working with everyone.
Pros
got 50% for lunch/diner
Cons
slow days some days
Front Cashier/ Floor worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NLFebruary 25, 2016
Very fair place to work. Great Team work and product of food is satisfactory.Hours of work is well timed out every shift. management is good and shift supervisors did a awesome job
Pros
discount on food
Cons
favortism
great place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 8, 2016
a typical work day consisted of dealing with cash and the customers.i learned how to take orders and what people wanted and how they wanted it to be.management was ok to work with and be around.co-workers were fun to work with and easy to talk to.hardest part of the job was working the right hours.the most enjoyable part was getting a discount for working there.
Pros
discounts
Cons
hours worked
Fun Place, Lots of free product for employees as a benefit. Free crew training and great management positions.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABAugust 20, 2015
Work the front counter after being very sanitary and cautious of customers allowing them to feel welcome. Sweep the lobby, kitchen, back room, Check bathrooms, clean and remain sanitary. Mop the bathrooms, remove garbages, replace garbages, Friendly Co-workers always joking around. Making the job suitable for me as i was graduating High School.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Product after 11, Good management
Cons
Long Hours, Complaints from staff and Customers
Enjoyable wordplace with awesome co workers
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NLDecember 28, 2015
Customers are usually nice but you get a lot of people that can be hard to get along with, fortunately you learn quick how to deal with upset customers.
Management was wonderful, really easy to get along with as well as the co workers. Most enjoyable thing about the job was the people you worked with.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No break room
Fast pace environment that can be fun depending on the co-works on that shift
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Some nice co-workers, some not so nice. Working at a fast pace on drive thru. Management was sometimes very demanding. It was hard constantly being talked down to and not responding or reacting to the ill treatment at times. I enjoyed going to work otherwise.
Pros
Free lunch benefit
Cons
Sometime uncoordinated
A workplace where one can polish his or her customer services skills and learn how to handle difficult situations.
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Multi-tasking, People skills, Management, Planning for and achieving target or goals.

Adept customer skills, Very understanding co-workers.
Good people to work with, fast paced environment.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Enfield, NSMay 3, 2016
- Good learning experience.
- Good people to work with.
- Was fast paced but it made the day go smoothly

I enjoyed my experience here, everybody was nice and the job kept me busy my entire shift so it did not drag on.

Was always new things to learn and always chances to improve on previous skills.
Pros
Benefits & flexible hours
Cons
Early mornings & Late nights
Great hours i put in on this job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 14, 2016
Well at first I didn't mind the job putting in crazy hours filling in for others who wouldn't make it to work, Learning how to use a touch screen till, knowing how to meet and greet customers, Also knowing how to make burgers, fries, and other food they serve. Some workers were shy but as soon as we got to know one another we were okay working together. the hardest part was trying to get my full hours I worked and not getting them.
Pros
free pop
Cons
not giving all my hours i've worked
Constant change in supervisors
Drive-Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 16, 2016
Loved the coworkers and job culture but disliked the way customers would often treat the employees. During my employment, four supervisors quit their jobs leading to a very unstable working environment. Would have been much more enjoyable with stable management employees could depend on.
Pros
Coworkers and job culture
Cons
Unstable management
Good part time job
Shift Coordinator (supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 27, 2016
Typically, I would come to work and I would check what needed to be done and I'd make my list of what needs to be done and which staff member was going to assigned to said job. I would keep up with daily duties such as dishes, garbage, cash management, sweeping etc. Also making sure customers are happy, and keeping up with customer service.
Unprofessional, fun envrioment
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2015
Burger King had a friendly, fun envrionment. However the magement was not strict, and things were delted with very unprofessional. For being a first job it was was good, however not a first job you really learn how a compant should not be.
Pros
Fun, frequent raises
Cons
unprofessional
excellent workplace
assistant in the kitchen (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 26, 2015
I have worked at burger king, not for long but long enough to recognize the work environment and the management team. It was a friendly environment and my co-workers were incredibly kind and fun to work with. I enjoyed working there as a start up job, I liked the experience.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
cleaning the place up
This place was awful
Kitchen worker, Stock, Prep and Outdoor (Former Employee) –  Odessa, ONMarch 4, 2016
I hated working at Burger King. Due to its place (OnRoute) it was a hard place to travel to (which their guidelines only made it harder). They did not meet health and safety standards. They consistently change the schedule without any notice and with less than 24 hours before a shift. This was a brutal place to work and I would not recommend it.
8 years work experience in customer service
Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 2, 2015
8 years work experience in customer service, over all was ok. owner should work on management more and salary and benefits
Teamwork
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Burger king allowed me to work as a team and interact with customers. This job also helped me build skills and work much faster and more efficient. My time management and organization skills also improved.
Pros
breaks
Cons
minimuim wage
productive and fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ONJanuary 21, 2016
while this company was in business it was an enjoyable company to be employed by. Every opportunity of advancement was provided to the employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
late hours