Burger King Employee Reviews

customer service
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON12 March 2017
I learned the importance of speed of service. Which means getting the food out to the guests in a quick and timely manner. I learned how to do inventory, knowing what is in the store and what we needed so the store does not run out.
Pros
free lunch
Enjoyable Experience
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS27 September 2016
I enjoyed learning the ropes and becoming part of a great team. The management team was very fair and professional. The meals our team provided for the guests were of high quality, and the hardest part about this job was leaving to pursue other career opportunities.
Pros
Friendly and Supportive Staff
Cons
No guaranteed hours
Very fast paced environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 September 2016
Burger King is a very fast paced working environment. I had a good working experience. The management is just fine and I had some good co-workers as well.
Pros
Great discounted meals
Burger King
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 December 2016
Long hours, rude customers, fun co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job was engaging with customers and getting to know their order every time they came by.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Rude customers
Great customers
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON19 May 2016
Not a morning person so not having to get up early is a bonus. Love seeing people and enjoy the hours. Wish we could serve outside on the patio in the summer time.
Pros
good discounts
Cons
No benefits
They do not know how to run a business. The managment is terriable and it goes through staff like no tomorrow.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 January 2017
It sucks....I lovedmy job but didn't like who was running it at the time so I quit. I would go back there in a minute. But the management sucks. I miss my fellow employees but again they have to do something with the management.
nice place
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 March 2017
making sure everything ran smooth everyday.
learned management skills.
friendly management team.
hardest thing keeping staff busy.
most enjoyable part of job was making customers happy and getting compliments
Pros
great hours
Cons
place to small
Was fun and get more experience
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2017
I use to work there for a they actually train me for a week and I'm allow to have my lunch after 5 hours. I do everything example:cashier, the back, and the front
Pros
Free lunch after 5 hours
Cons
Short hours
demanding
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2017
Management is very disorganized. Employees need to be independent and ready for long shifts as well as unusual shifts. Trained in everything therefore you become very versatile. Helps develop quick learning and customer service skills. Team members are welcoming.
Fun place , great people
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB1 February 2017
The Burger King which I had worked at was fairly new and overall a small building. There is not many people who work there so it is easy to get to know everyone and make friends. There is not alot of storage area for the restaurant so it is abit cramped but as long as everything is in its place, it works out.
The staff are all friendly and there is enough hours for everyone and then some since it has a small staff
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Cramped
Easy going workplace
Burger King cashier (training only) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 August 2016
Although I was only a trainee at Burger King very briefly, I still got to experience how the average day around the workplace would be. I was taught how to use a cash register for the first time, how to prepare simple orders, and how to expedite quickly and efficiently. I believe it prepared me very well for new job opportunities. I did not always agree with how the management treated their customers, although i felt it was not my place to say anything. Despite the fact that I did not always agree with the management, I tried my very best, and exceeded at staying professional. The hardest part of the job was learning that general mistakes will occur all of the time- especially when it is a very first work experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was the general experience and feeling of being helpful, appreciated, and a part of a team.
Pros
gaining knowledge, communication with and meeting new people
Cons
Working with family, wanting to feel more independant
Good place to work to gain experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 August 2016
A typical day at work would be constantly smiling and greetng the customers. Trying to get everything so quickly but properly. Always on the go. The great part about it was that the management was always approachable. If anyone ever felt too stressed or had personal problems, the management was there to help. Co-workers were fun and respectful. The hardest part of this job was learning to separate yourself from the job. In the sense of not taking any comment or action done by a client personal. Because sometimes there were some pretty rude people. The best part abut the job was the people I worked with. They were very team like and we all worked together to make the day go as smoothly as possible.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working drive thru was cold in the winter
easy work but terrible work enviroment
Cashier (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON5 March 2017
My first manager was awesome, but after he left the workplace was really terrible. Everyone at the workplace was unfriendly and formed clicks and i was isolated in a way. They all spoke a language that i did not and refused to speak English at the workplace so i was left in the dark on most matters. Workplace hygiene was also terrible.
Pros
free fries
Cons
a lot of cons
work experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 February 2017
I learned the value of the positive attitude, focused attention to the job at hands and skilful customer service. Using my proficient leadership skills and attentiveness for customer inquiries and arrange the stocks, I efficiently delegate work to my fellow crew members with hard work. I have been eager, able and reliable person in my life, and I am ready to bring those same qualities to your company.
NOT FLEXIBLE WITH CREWS SCHEDULE, UNORGANIZED, NO BENEFITS, NO RAISE
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB2 December 2015
I WORKED AT BK FOR 2 YEARS AS A SHIFT COORDINATOR. MY 1ST RGM NEVER ASKED ME OR ANY OF MY TEAM ABOUT OUR AVAILABILITY. WE FOLLOW THE SCHEDULE ACCORDING TO THE MANAGERS "WANTS". WE CANT ASK FOR DAY OFF UNLESS WE EXPLAIN WHY WE NEED IT AND IF ITS REALLY IMPORTANT. SOMETIMES THERE IS ONLY 3 PEOPLE ON THE FLOOR, 1 MAIN BOARD, 1 DT, AND 1 FRONT COUNTER. DURING LUNCH RUSH ITS CHAOS! FOR 2 YEARS OF WORKING THEY ONLY GAVE US 1 RAISE. THE RGM TOLD US IF WE DO NOT LIKE THE WAY HE HANDLE THE RESTAURANT WE CAN LOOK FOR OTHER JOB BECAUSE HE SAID "ITS MY WAY OR HI-WAY" SO MOST OF US LEFT.
Pros
HALF PRICE WHOPPER??
Cons
EVERYTHING
Good first job
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 March 2017
I found that this job what an ok first job. It was very easy, and lunch was 50% off while working. Overall i would recommend this job to a friend who is interested in working in the fast food industry.
Pros
Half off Lunch
Cons
Good work environmebt but cultural differences affects the work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Steveston, BC28 October 2016
Equality with employee
Availabilty of time for emoloyee has to be given equally
Working with the rest of employee was fun
Management should deal with every employees needs.
Working at night on consecutive days were hard, should have given me a chance to work on day shift as well
Easy going work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 January 2017
The work was menial, but the hours were rather steady, if you like a fast paced environment, with flexible hours, than consider this.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
short breaks.
Good Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON21 November 2016
I have started out as a employee, then up to management with in 4 months. I have had previous experience with them and Mcdonalds in the states. they like the rep that I got and then asked me if I wanted to become an assistant manager.
it was overall fun and very good learning experince
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC4 January 2017
The work as well as responsibility was alright I enjoyed my co-worker and I like to wake up and think about work. didn't enjoy the management that much. Pay was ok the shift they gave me was also good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8