Burger King Employee Reviews in Canada

A very adequate beginner job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mcdonough, GAAugust 31, 2015
This was not a difficult job to learn, and would be great for anybody starting out in the workforce. The salary was not great, and there were virtually no benefits. There was a variety in the co-workers that I had, good and bad. It was a good starter job overall.
Fun to work with different people, every day as exciting day , managing shifts cos and team members.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 10, 2016
one day i was working and i had customer in very bad mood. He just started screaming at me without ordering anything. I try to call to him but he was keep screaming . Then i offer him water and drink . After drinking water, he got calm down and told me he wasn't mad at me . He had personal reasons. He had only $5 for food .He was upset because he was thinking he can't buy food in $5. Then i show him in menu what can he buy. He was very happy with service and at the end , he thank to me. I was happy i was able to make him happy and help him what he was looking for.
Pros
free meals
Cons
sometime overnight work
my favourite job
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ONJuly 19, 2015
if you're willing to work, this job is so much fun. the owner really cares about his staff, and the people are great. raises are given to people who deserve it. the hardest part is probably the fact that you're on your feet for your whole shift, however a shift could last 3 hours or 10 hours.
Cons
its super warm, and you also have to deal with a lot of angry drunks
working with friendly people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 13, 2016
I worked a kitchen staff preparing, cooking and making burgers for the customers. When working in a fast phase environment teamwork is very important. You can make things faster when two or more people are working. The hardest part of the job is when we hit by a rush and we don't have enough people or someone didn't showed up. The most enjoyable part is when you were able to serve all the orders in efficient way and you satisfied the customers
Pros
free meal after 5hrs shift
The new management was not at all helpful
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCMarch 23, 2016
Once the new management took over it all went down hill. I used to like to go to work there. I worked in the kitchen prepping food and flipping burgers. The new management picked on me and didn't explain what they wanted done. I liked my co-workers but they too didn't like the way things got run by the new management.
Pros
Good part time job as I went to school as well.
Cons
Poor management.
Good first job, nothing otherwise.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 3, 2016
Management was lazy, and very unprofessional as well as unproductive. Most employees were treated poorly, or ignored. I learned a lot from this work environment. Due to the conditions around me I was forced to work at a fast consistent pace by myself, or with very few co-workers while the majority went out back for smoke breaks.
Pros
Half off lunch, Working with peers
Cons
Behavior from staff
Fast paced environment with friendly customers and strong customer service
Up front and back staff, opener, closer (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONJune 11, 2016
A typical day at work I would be put wherever needed and be able to do the job efficiently and with a positive attitude whether up front, in the kitchen, dishes or cleaning. I learn to stay positive and not let customers who are grumpy or unpleasent not ruin my attitude, as well as be able to learn new skills and help provide customer satisfaction. I enjoyed many of my co-workers as well as the majority of the management team, however, on multiple occasions the management team was unorganized and did not follow some important HR procedures and requirements. The hardest part of the job was probably either being able to balance the tasks at hand and not get stressed in such a fast paced and demanding environment, or being able to handle several customer complaints per shift and correcting them, especially when a customer may not be particularly pleasant or cooperative. I enjoyed many aspects of the job despite this, including the team I work with, interacting with customers, helping customers and being in a fast paced and positive environment.
Pros
25% discount, interchangeable shifts and flexible hours.
Cons
Lack of hours during slow season, sometimes unreasonable management, bad scheduling
Great workplace
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I have worked with many people and had no problems with co-workers and management.
We had busy days and slow days but in the end it's still a great workplace.
Being Cashier was easy but making burgers wasn't that easy. more training needs there.
I enjoyed working with everyone.
Pros
got 50% for lunch/diner
Cons
slow days some days
Constant change in supervisors
Drive-Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 16, 2016
Loved the coworkers and job culture but disliked the way customers would often treat the employees. During my employment, four supervisors quit their jobs leading to a very unstable working environment. Would have been much more enjoyable with stable management employees could depend on.
Pros
Coworkers and job culture
Cons
Unstable management
Front Cashier/ Floor worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NLFebruary 25, 2016
Very fair place to work. Great Team work and product of food is satisfactory.Hours of work is well timed out every shift. management is good and shift supervisors did a awesome job
Pros
discount on food
Cons
favortism
Good people to work with, fast paced environment.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Enfield, NSMay 3, 2016
- Good learning experience.
- Good people to work with.
- Was fast paced but it made the day go smoothly

I enjoyed my experience here, everybody was nice and the job kept me busy my entire shift so it did not drag on.

Was always new things to learn and always chances to improve on previous skills.
Pros
Benefits & flexible hours
Cons
Early mornings & Late nights
amazing environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSDecember 13, 2015
if you are just starting out at a job this is perfect, the people are friendly and the management is understanding, great place to work
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Good place to work for highschool/college students
Restaurant Worker (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONNovember 25, 2015
The Burger King I presently work at has a high turn-over rate and the majority are part time highschool students. I've been working at Burger King for a year and half and it's serviced me and my wallet well but i need a change of scenery and need to start finding a job in my specified field. I work hard and take pride in my work even if it is just flipping burgers and taking the person's money, but I feel like sometimes i'm one of the only ones truly working there.
Good part time job
Shift Coordinator (supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 27, 2016
Typically, I would come to work and I would check what needed to be done and I'd make my list of what needs to be done and which staff member was going to assigned to said job. I would keep up with daily duties such as dishes, garbage, cash management, sweeping etc. Also making sure customers are happy, and keeping up with customer service.
Prodcutive workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 8, 2016
I enjoyed and got along with all the people I worked with. Very easy going environment. I liked going to work. The work was simple and easy to pick up on and my coworkers were very helpful and supportive.
Pros
Made friends, easy work, discounted food, good hours
Cons
Rude customers, occasional drama
productive and fun place with people from all kinds of culture
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSMay 31, 2016
Burger King provides a fun and enjoyable work atmosphere. Managers care about staff's safety. In the busy time, there are a lot of
heavy work to do. It's tiring. But I enjoyed the time working with people from different culture and backgrounds. Great work experience.
great place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 8, 2016
a typical work day consisted of dealing with cash and the customers.i learned how to take orders and what people wanted and how they wanted it to be.management was ok to work with and be around.co-workers were fun to work with and easy to talk to.hardest part of the job was working the right hours.the most enjoyable part was getting a discount for working there.
Pros
discounts
Cons
hours worked
Experience, friendly, references, exciting, independence
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 27, 2016
Pros: it was a good place to work as an entry level job to gain experience. I worked with a great group of people to start.

Cons: - too many targets to meet
-they call you whenever they need someone last minute
-one person is expected to do everything
good employment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 23, 2016
learned customer service skills and good coomunication skills. Preform multiple task and duties including greet customers, take orders and fulfil orders. As well as keeping workplace clean and disinfected.
Pros
great environment, fun employer
Cons
employee are unreliable, hours are long
A workplace where one can polish his or her customer services skills and learn how to handle difficult situations.
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Multi-tasking, People skills, Management, Planning for and achieving target or goals.

Adept customer skills, Very understanding co-workers.

2.8