Burger King Employee Reviews in Canada

poor management
FRONT CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2016
burger king is a fun place to work on, you learned a lot things and you work with nice people. However, i am not pleased when the management started to cut hours which we, crews, suffered especially on busy days.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
cutting hours
Very clean and good work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 13, 2016
I enjoyed coming into work every single day i worked... the team members that i worked with were very nice and we all got along.
Pros
Safe and clean environment
Great Workplaces
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJuly 11, 2016
Working at both Scotiabank and CIBC I can honestly say they both provide great support, plenty of room for advancements, competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Pros
Great bonuses and incentives
it was teenage job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BCJuly 6, 2016
I worked at burger king as ateenager and first job so it was different fun and learned a lot of new things here- did the cash and some food prep aswell it was afterschhol and a job for spending cash
Pros
food
Cons
non
Worst Job. Period
Cashier/Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 5, 2016
In all my experiences at lower level jobs, this has absolutely got to be the worst. Absolutely no synergy whatsoever between/amongst staff and managers. Staff is clearly divided by culture, anytime anyone messes up or does something unfavorable, many employees would stop working and talk about each other, often not in English. Managers ALWAYS pulled rank on each other, and often made employees do two-three conflicting tasks at a time. Managers would steal and take multiple hour long breaks, and were not receptive to those needing assistance, which is terrible because there is no autonomy in the job whatsoever. You need a manager's approval to even edit a customer's order, which is inefficient at best, considering how often it happens. When there are rushes and they are not available, disaster is bound to happen (at least once every shift). Customers can always sense the clear divide and either use it to their advantage to score free food, or take out their frustrations on lowly employees. In 6 months, our GM had changed three times, leading the scheduling being based on who was present the first few times they worked. I went on vacation for two weeks during one of the changes, and my hours slowed from 3-4 shifts per week to 1 every two weeks. All managers are hired without experience from outside, and I, in my time, have never seen any move up in rank. The discount is horrible, the staff is horrible, the discount is horrible, and to top it all off, I gained 15 pounds from working there. Wage increases are few and far between, and I've never seen a single one in all  more... my time there, despite being one of their most reliable, versatile, regular knowledgeable and respected employees at the time. The only good thing that came out of my time at BK was seeing how disgusting fast food places really are. Vegetarian now.  less
good employment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 23, 2016
learned customer service skills and good coomunication skills. Preform multiple task and duties including greet customers, take orders and fulfil orders. As well as keeping workplace clean and disinfected.
Pros
great environment, fun employer
Cons
employee are unreliable, hours are long
Productive and enjoyable experience.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJune 22, 2016
It was a good job for gaining experience and skill. Good hours, 9-5
and fun environment. Excellent training and understanding.
Make sure to have a second job
Cook/Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJune 22, 2016
Although I genuinely enjoyed working at Burger king, head office doesn't seem to understand that people who work hard need to make a living. Those at the top make all kinds of money. Those grunts at the bottom, not so much.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Burger King
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 20, 2016
everyone goes to burger king for whoppers, i worked at burger king a while bank and do not remember too much, it was my first official job and for me making money was only only goal.
it was okay
I currently work as a cashier and a cook (Current Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NSJune 17, 2016
this job is good for starters but an annoying job and the people are very unprofessional. Not enough working space which makes work quite inconvienent but I did it for the minimum wage lol
Pros
60% off on break
Short staffed
Cashier/Drive-Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 16, 2016
Usually short staffed . It was very rare that we had the right amount of staff on duty. The management was ok at times. It is a fun place to work with the right staff and managment .
good workplace great team
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJune 16, 2016
its a fun fast pace enviroment great team effort and reliable staff great customer service brilliant customers safe workplace flexible hours very enjoyable job
fun environment to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 15, 2016
I learned how to properly balance a safe, do deposits, i trained all new employees, the hardest part of the job would be on a Wednesday when we have the whoppers on sale, we deal with a lot of customers at one time.
My Work Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 15, 2016
My experience working at Burger King was fun and easy going. I've learnt that my co-workers are very friendly and easy to work with. If I needed to cover my shift, I was able to ask a co-worker to work for me. The hardest part of the job was the co-workers always spoke in their other language after having a customer who gave them a hard time. But overall I enjoyed working at Burger King serving the customers, meeting new customers everyday and working with my co-workers as a team to get the job done.
working with friendly people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 13, 2016
I worked a kitchen staff preparing, cooking and making burgers for the customers. When working in a fast phase environment teamwork is very important. You can make things faster when two or more people are working. The hardest part of the job is when we hit by a rush and we don't have enough people or someone didn't showed up. The most enjoyable part is when you were able to serve all the orders in efficient way and you satisfied the customers
Pros
free meal after 5hrs shift
Fast paced environment with friendly customers and strong customer service
Up front and back staff, opener, closer (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONJune 11, 2016
A typical day at work I would be put wherever needed and be able to do the job efficiently and with a positive attitude whether up front, in the kitchen, dishes or cleaning. I learn to stay positive and not let customers who are grumpy or unpleasent not ruin my attitude, as well as be able to learn new skills and help provide customer satisfaction. I enjoyed many of my co-workers as well as the majority of the management team, however, on multiple occasions the management team was unorganized and did not follow some important HR procedures and requirements. The hardest part of the job was probably either being able to balance the tasks at hand and not get stressed in such a fast paced and demanding environment, or being able to handle several customer complaints per shift and correcting them, especially when a customer may not be particularly pleasant or cooperative. I enjoyed many aspects of the job despite this, including the team I work with, interacting with customers, helping customers and being in a fast paced and positive environment.
Pros
25% discount, interchangeable shifts and flexible hours.
Cons
Lack of hours during slow season, sometimes unreasonable management, bad scheduling
Great co workers awful building
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJune 10, 2016
The building in Sarnia was falling down but the co workers were wonderful and our manager was the sweetest. Head office was a complete joke.
Productive, Fast Pace, Fun and also Stressful
Cashier, Fry Cook, Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 10, 2016
A typical day at work is like a circus, there are orders literally secounds after orders, you have to make sandwiches as fast and neat as possible while keeping your area clean and keeping up with the expected level of intensity of the environment.
The management are very strict, but they have to be to keep the place intact.
The hardest part of the job is the maintenance, filtering the oil, cleaning hood, filters, broiler, fry station and fryer.
The most enjoyable part of work is the staff.
The job at Burger King inside Square One shopping center was incredibly difficult at first but after a few months I was able to adapt to the intensity of the workplace.
Pros
Discount on Food
Cons
Maintenance
Fun place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 9, 2016
Burger king is a great place to work for. The staff are all amazing. You learn and improve on many skills such as customer service.
Prodcutive workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 8, 2016
I enjoyed and got along with all the people I worked with. Very easy going environment. I liked going to work. The work was simple and easy to pick up on and my coworkers were very helpful and supportive.
Pros
Made friends, easy work, discounted food, good hours
Cons
Rude customers, occasional drama

2.8