Burger King Employee Reviews

Its your first job what can you expect?
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2017
Thankfully the old stereotype of "flipping burgers" have come to an end--they now have a machine that grills them to the right consistency.

At my workplace there were 3 stations of which handled a part of the menu, you would move from station to station depending on what order came up on the screen. The rest was simple assembly.

I learned to be humble, it was an eye-opening experience for a teenager.

Management was questionable(I remembered our supervisor was deported back to the Philippines due to a violation in work permits), the ones that were legal often transferred about so you would get a new management every couple of months.

The workplace culture consisted mostly of teenagers and one or two adults to supervise and manage, maybe one or two seniors that worked casually.

The hardest part of the job is the job itself, the kitchen was hot and wearing latex gloves made your hands sweat--luckily I was never subjected to cleaning the lavatories.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to eat for free(well to an extent, as long as the cost equaled that of a whopper combo--perks vary per location and management)
Pros
earning money as a teenager
Cons
the work was very labor intensive
Fast Paced Fun to work with
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON4 March 2017
I worked at Onroute location very fast and busy location , my typical day when 6 buses stopped full of passengers and the day I was short handed on staff, My management always come and help out,caring and friendly management,learned to interact with people of different cultures and age group,
Productive and friendly work environment with lots of cultures
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL9 January 2017
A typical day on-the-job at my previous location was very moderate; there are "regulars" (customers who visit often) who come by and learn your name, making the service experience all the more enjoyable. And also the other employees were quite interesting as there were many different cultures of ethnicity throughout the staff.
There were some challenges, such as adjusting to a new task, meeting new coworkers, but they all helped to improve my own skills such as communication, guest service, sales, and transaction methods.
Overall, the most enjoyable part of the day was establishing that it had been a productive day and that you served the customers to the best of your ability, making their day that much more pleasant.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Closing at 2am
Fun people and a good experience
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 August 2016
I would clock into work and then my mangers will tell me what cash register i will work on. I begin to take the customers orders while refilling the condiments, the napkins, wiping trays and getting the food to the customer once it was prepared.I would also clean the washrooms and sweep the floor as well as changing the garbage or taking it out to the compactor. Furthermore, I would talk to my employees casually at times but also about anything the customer might need. I learned how to interact with customers and make sure that they had everything they required. Management were strict at times but i understood it was to make sure that no one slacked off and that the work speed did not slow down. My co-workers were the most enjoyable part of my job because i got to talk to them and have fun as well as working. The hardest part was getting used to the procedures there but once i got used to it i overcame the problems that i had.
Pros
Discount on purchases
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Fast paced, always had something to do.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS29 December 2016
Overall, not a bad place for a child to start their career in working. There was no advancement or benefits that would make an adult satisfied with having a family and pay the bills at the same time
Pros
nice people
Cons
many false accusations of criminal actions
Hard to put up with
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2016
A typical day at work will consist of doing whatever the managers ask of you, which is expected in any form of job. However, you're tasked with various different jobs while the managers are lazy and do nothing while they delegate all these tasks. Furthermore, your personal life and time management mean nothing to them. They tend to put your responsibilities at the bottom of the priorities list despite letting them know ahead of time if your availability changes. They fail to properly train new staff and have them stuck on one position which defeats the purpose of having flexible team members that are able to switch shifts with people. Co-workers are friendly. Best part of the job is clocking out.
Pros
50% discounted meals, occasional free meals
Cons
Everything listed in the review
Not bad if you really need a job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON2 January 2017
Cons: *There's not much room for advancement
*Hours are not guaranteed
*Benefits are not available for all employees
*Minimum wage pay with no raises despite how long you have worked there.

Pros: * offers accommodating hours
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 March 2017
Management does not care about employees and never encourage them to do a better job. Management is not reasonable. Working conditions are not good. Management does not have proper solution for problems instead employees are asked to fix the problem. Most of the equipment have problems so its hard to work. During peak sale hours staff is always short and its very overwhelming environment. Sick calls are accepted if only replacement is found if employee doesnt show up even after sick call in next weeks schedule employee doesnt get enough hours
A fine workplace with great people
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 January 2017
The typical day at work was pretty busy for the most part but sustainable.

Learned how to assemble burgers
How to stock the freezer
How to clean the workplace and equipment

Management was professional on handling situations

Co-workers are professional and good people

Hardest part of the job was working on Whopper Wednesdays due to the high demand of the burger.

Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the co-workers and also the discounts on food.
Pros
Discount on food. Professional co-workers.
Cons
Whopper Wednesdays.
Poor Management creating mayhem
Kitchen Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB16 November 2016
Management is supposed to be on top of the job, they weren't. They kept in the back and this created a complete disaster of the front end. No one could handle this by themselves but they never had enough workers on the job. They would constantly cut back shifts and give hours to new workers but still their was never enough employees to handle everything. Constantly, if people were trained for both cash and kitchen, they would be tossed back and forth between them, causing severe confusion to everyone.
Pros
50% Off food
Cons
Poor management, bouncing from kitchen to cash, constent incoming of new workers creating less hours, senoirity doesnt matter
Enjoyable Experience
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS27 September 2016
I enjoyed learning the ropes and becoming part of a great team. The management team was very fair and professional. The meals our team provided for the guests were of high quality, and the hardest part about this job was leaving to pursue other career opportunities.
Pros
Friendly and Supportive Staff
Cons
No guaranteed hours
Flexible Environment, Great Team
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 December 2016
A typical day working at Burger King includes working the cash register, drive thru, helping put together meals, and maintaining the stores appearance and utilities. I learned a great deal of customer service and built great relationships with my coworkers. There isn't really a hard part of the job as management and coworkers are always there to help you. The greatest part of the job was being able to have flexible hours and also having a great team to work with.
Pros
Great team, flexible hours, employee discounts
Good place to Work , ( downtown )
Supervisor/Cashier/Kitchen (operations) (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 November 2016
I worked at burger king for the past 4 years and I was promoted as a supervisor in an year.
I have learn quite a lot of things at burger king. i have learn to do multi tasking at work . i would do cash, kitchen and paper work at the same time.
Management is amazing. We never made any one feel like they were any less then us, we work as a Family and we are all there to help each other.
the hardest part of the job was when there is a rush time and people call in last minute saying that they can't come in.
We as a supervisor used to do triple work . ( cash , kitchen , Paper work )
the most enjoyable part of the job was when we get to meet new people.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
short on people
Productive fun staff
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 November 2016
Loved working here but there was no room for advancement and salary was also lacking. Great first job to have. Customers get a bit edgy when food not recieved within 5 mins of ordering.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Small pay for workload
working in fast friendly environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 September 2016
I enjoy working in customer service you meet a diversity of people on a daily basis, I also like to work in a fast pace environment and meeting timely deadlines.
Pros
working with different people from different cultures
Cons
no benifits for employees
nice place
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 March 2017
making sure everything ran smooth everyday.
learned management skills.
friendly management team.
hardest thing keeping staff busy.
most enjoyable part of job was making customers happy and getting compliments
Pros
great hours
Cons
place to small
Great Workplaces
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 July 2016
Working at both Scotiabank and CIBC I can honestly say they both provide great support, plenty of room for advancements, competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Pros
Great bonuses and incentives
fun co workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 March 2017
not reccomended working here specially in surrey central city mall branch because no benefits only have vacation pay . no increase hour rate for 6 months. after 3 years they increase your hour rate for only .60 cents.
Pros
free foods
Cons
the hour rate is only 10.25 and after 3 yrs working here they increase only .60 cents
Very fast paced environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 September 2016
Burger King is a very fast paced working environment. I had a good working experience. The management is just fine and I had some good co-workers as well.
Pros
Great discounted meals
productive workplace, awsome staff
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 March 2017
I was a shift coordinator at burger king for 2 years. The staff i worked with were very friendly and hard working. The manahement team was there for us all the rime to answer questions and help solve any problems that may of arose.
Pros
free lunches, good salary
Cons
none really

2.8